Sign in to follow this  
Milosanx

Wurm Online Chaos Life First Impressions

Here is my First impression of the PvP server, Chaos, done by someone that has never been there.

I know I'll get mixed feedback about this, but remember, I come from a PvE server as well.

I do try to keep my opinions balanced to give people an overview of this server and hopefully inform newcomers to the game and also players that have never been to chaos, that this server can be a great place to live, if you do it the right way.

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0TNDGWn13Q&feature=youtu.be

Wurm Online Playlist

• Like 14

ive always wanted to go try chaos or epic,but never knew people to hook up with.and also felt the more serious "hardcore" wurm players played there,and didnt want to annoy them with my foolery.i spent a brief time on wilds,and liked it

Edited by waarokku

this server can be a great place to live, if you do it the right way.

new players should get this text when tryin to teleport in to a pvp server after tutorial :P

Love the good quality in your videos, keep up +1

There are many rumors who make people believe Chaos is something bad, but don't believe everything without trying it out yourself . It's someone else's opinion, not yours. Chaos is not about pvp, pvp, pvp.

Some people don't pvp at all, some people pvp on occasions, some people seek it. Any kingdom will with warmth welcome most people who wish to join, unless the person got really bad history for some reason.

Whatever kingdom you join, is not just a kingdom, it turns into your family. You'll get to know the people, share a common goal and enjoy the satisfaction of hard work and progress.

Chaos is a place for everyone, crafter or pvper. The map is big and offer a lot of things. There is plenty of space for everyone to find a unique place to build a village.

• Like 5

I hope you will make some more vids to show ppl more of inside look into Chaos life.

I liked your opinion about community aspect, glad to see someone is marking it out rather then "come chaos, lets pewpew, kill and plunder"

Sadly, even some Chaos residents bashing other ppl living on chaos, who doesnt focus on pvp but sits on deeds. Its sad that such ppl have missed whole idea about pvp Community aspect of wurm.

I'm really glad that you seen and learned it first hand.

As i, as well, believe that on Chaos, above everything, is Community - kingdoms, pvp is secondary ;)

Good job with video, keep them coming!

Edited by DonAngelo
  • Like 1

Good video!!!

I love HQ Wurm videos.

Edited by vill

Absolutely loved the video Milo. Just goes to show Chaos isnt this "big scary place where big chaos baddies lure freedomers over to kill them", but is in fact a map where large communities reside. I cannot wait to see the future videos, and i hope that i might sometime feature in one of them. :)

Very nice! Keep up the good work. Giving people a more true look at Chaos/Wild has my full support!

The communities here are very tightly knit in comparison to what freedom is like(not to say freedom doesn't have tightly knit communities, just in general).

Thank you for a such a cool video.  I have never thought about going to Chaos till now. I have a small deed on Release and enjoy it there a lot. But being a DF/DFUW and many other pvp mmo vet I was under the impression that the game being around so long I would never for 1. Be able to compete with the pvp vets there.

2. Didn't think it was as active as other servers

3. Not knowing how long it would take to be a viable part of any team on Chaos.

Thanks for the video again and who knows maybe one day I will get a opportunity to go there.

Cheers Snarkin

Nice video. To anyone thinking of joining Chaos, like Milo suggests make sure to hook up with some cool people and you'll have a great time Im sure :) Whether you want PvP or just a change of scene its a great time!

Woah that is a fantastic first impressions  :o

For those that are interested, this is the link to the recruitment threads that Chaos kingdoms usually use and bump.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/forum/84-village-recruitment-centre/

Just look for the [Chaos] after the name of the village/Kingdom. All kingdoms use this format to have a clear distinction from the rest of the thread 

Nice video. Maybe we can somehow arrange for you to get some footage of JK in your videos too. Possibly BL too?

This server has some really amazing looking deeds and landscape in all kingdoms and it's about time we showed them off :)

Edited by Gavin
  • Like 2

very nice job milo..Chaos can be many things..and nice give time n air to show various aspects.  i think choas/pvp is what wurm was meant for..the full emersion.  I however, don't plan on pvping yet being a crafter/enchanter ..where i hope to live in tranquility amidst the blood spatter n cries feasting as libilia would want me to..on endless corpses

I think Chaos is the logical progression of wurm from the freedom servers.  I started out on Freedom and at some point, it was just time to progress to Chaos. That was about two years ago. Now, I like playing on both servers.

My deed is about 3 minutes from the border. We make a lot of trips to Chaos from Deli. If you are looking for a group to go there with, feel free to send me a message and we'll set you up.

Edit:  my %$#^ grammar

Edited by BrandonSF
  • Like 4

I lived on PVE servers for 4+years and ive been in chaos for the last 2 monthish and I LOVE IT!

• Like 1

Nice video. Maybe we can somehow arrange for you to get some footage of JK in your videos too. Possibly BL too?

This server has some really amazing looking deeds and landscape in all kingdoms and it's about time we showed them off :)

As much as I would love to do videos on both JK and BL, I wouldn't want to get myself in the position of people thinking I was a double agent having inside kingdom information on all kingdoms here on chaos. I don't I'd be comfortable with seeing different kingdoms defenses and such. I already have to deem whats suitable for viewing here in MR. For instance, I didn't show the HoM citadel and shortly after I see an old video with it in it. I guess i'm cautious.

I pretty much have an agreement with all MR deed owners, not to show inside deed or anything defense related. Anything alt can see is ok to show. I know it sounds a bit full on, but I'm sure other kingdom would say the same.

I want these videos to come across as non propaganda-ish as possible, they are meant to show less informed players on information about chaos, it just happens it is seen within the kingdom of Mol Rehan. 

As you can see on some of the posts already here, people have directed or linked the links to the recruitment forums in general and that's great to see. I am Hoping people will join a kingdom within the usual avenues they would usually take when looking to join a guild/kingdom/corp in any game, not just by following my steps.

I do think it would be great to see other kingdoms lands, though.

• Like 1

My first impression of chaos:

As i have been running along the coast, looking for mycelum tiles to meditate on, a group of Mol Rehan stoped by. After a bit blabla i was asked to join MR what i politely denied. Then, the MR warriors killed and robbed me. After that, Emoo, one of that MR group told me, that i get my drake set back if join Mol Rehan.

I felt quite disappointed of chaos, since obviously, the widespread stories about "Chaos being not dangerous" were wrong. Also, even renowed groups don't mind to kill and rob weaker players even if they pretend to be helpfull on forum.

My first impression of chaos:

As i have been running along the coast, looking for mycelum tiles to meditate on, a group of Mol Rehan stoped by. After a bit blabla i was asked to join MR what i politely denied. Then, the MR warriors killed and robbed me. After that, Emoo, one of that MR group told me, that i get my drake set back if join Mol Rehan.

I felt quite disappointed of chaos, since obviously, the widespread stories about "Chaos being not dangerous" were wrong. Also, even renowed groups don't mind to kill and rob weaker players even if they pretend to be helpfull on forum.

I remember this quite well actually since it occurred about a month after I moved to Chaos after living on Celebration. We had just sailed down just out of local of my village on our way to raid the east coast of JK when we found you. We informed you that you were actually in MR lands and asked if you would be interested in joining us. We then told you that if you chose not to join us and you would be considered as trespassing on our lands. At which point you still had no left the area so we killed you. 

I do tend to have quite a clear recollection of this as you stuck out in my mind as one of the most level headed and polite people that I've dealt with yet not been able to willing to find a comprise which was somewhat of an abnormality. I PM'd you after you had died telling you that if you joined MR for you meditation trips to Chaos you would then be able to make use of the hate paths around the area as well as have the protection of us, since we lived only nearby. I also told you that I was more than happy return your drake set and items should you wish to do this. Something which you again declined and I respected you decision to do so.

I think this is a case though of if you wish to attempt to go it alone on you need to be informed of how Chaos works, where some of the major villages are and also atleast be somewhat willing to bend to the wishes of those that already live there. I think we can both say that even though in this situation you were killed and looted there was no lack of opportunity for things to go differently and at no point was anyone openly hostile or even rude towards you. It ultimately was a case of being in the wrong spot at the wrong time.

Chaos is a PvP server,there is no question of that however if you go over there in an informed manner the risks are small and the profits can be quite huge. There is an abundance of players that wish to try to be helpful, like myself (Unless you catch me on a bad day or you're a jerk!) from all sides (Freedom, JK, MR and BL). I also would suggest though that ANY freedomer that comes over to just scout around or whatever, for the love of Mag, don't wear your drake, unlike myself there are some players who will kill you without second thought and never give you the opportunity to have it back free of charge. Also do your research first and try to stay away from high population areas and large villages plus contested zones, randomly showing up in these areas(especially with the wrong attitude) is a one trip ride to a red tunnel.

Just bare in mind though, just like any server, there are plenty of jerks who will try and mess you about but remember that for every jerk there is atleast 10 other decent people that will try to help if you're polite :)

• Like 3