Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

Update concerning DDoS attack and Downtime. Updated 18:20 CET February 20th

Are you on Celebration? Because I could really use some income. I also have a ton of troll clubs on hand I can't seem to sell.

That's because troll clubs are too easy to get lol no one will buy them unless they're just morons or being super generous lol. Plenty of work out there you just gotta search for those who pay (also Celebration is probably not gonna get ya good income due to much lower population then the other servers like Deli.

That's because troll clubs are too easy to get lol no one will buy them unless they're just morons or being super generous lol. Plenty of work out there you just gotta search for those who pay (also Celebration is probably not gonna get ya good income due to much lower population then the other servers like Deli.

lol I know people who use troll clubs as wood scraps for the forge. Pretty much a similar value :)

Ryamu, on 19 Feb 2014 - 7:31 PM, said:

I was suspecting Celebration might have a lot less opportunities for income due to that reason. It's a shame because I'm pretty much settled here with a 40 QL stone home complete with a balcony lined with 30 QL stone parapets. So moving is out of the question.

I was suspecting Celebration might have a lot less opportunities for income due to that reason. It's a shame because I'm pretty much settled here with a 40 QL stone home complete with a balcony lined with 30 QL stone parapets. So moving is out of the question.

Moving is only out of the question if you make it out of the question. ;)

Edited by Anders
  • Like 1

Sunken cost fallacy bud. If you just let go, nothing is out of the question. (with in reason, I would not try flying anytime soon)

• Like 1

Anders, on 19 Feb 2014 - 7:39 PM, said:

Moving is only out of the question if you make it out of the question. ;)

Perhaps. My main problem is keeping high ql gear for fighting. I can live with the skill cap, but I'm finding it's impossible to grind up enough currency in game to replace my huge axe before it wears out. You'd think if someone slew dozens of trolls, hundreds of spiders, and thousands of wolves, bears, and mountain lions, he'd earn enough to replace his weapon. Or maybe if him and his gf both constantly sold corpses and other stuff every day for weeks until they reached the cap on what they're allowed to make. But nope. Even doing both you're not going to earn more than a few copper. I'll be glad when I find a reliable payment method for the Wurm shop so I can quit worrying about it.

Attacks like this are getting old.  It's a good thing I'm not able to fight back against these people...  My Marine Corps training wants to "fix" the issue.

badass.jpg

... And - yet again- a big thanks, for all the hard work, and good luck to Rolf and the team.

Edited by permo
  • Like 2

Funny, I thought exactly what that meme says when I saw his post.

Perhaps. My main problem is keeping high ql gear for fighting. I can live with the skill cap, but I'm finding it's impossible to grind up enough currency in game to replace my huge axe before it wears out. You'd think if someone slew dozens of trolls, hundreds of spiders, and thousands of wolves, bears, and mountain lions, he'd earn enough to replace his weapon. Or maybe if him and his gf both constantly sold corpses and other stuff every day for weeks until they reached the cap on what they're allowed to make. But nope. Even doing both you're not going to earn more than a few copper. I'll be glad when I find a reliable payment method for the Wurm shop so I can quit worrying about it.

I recommend an extra profession. Seeing as you enjoying fighting, perhaps get into leatherworking and use those butchered hides.

Instead of slagging those of us who consider the sb conspiracy theory you could try using all that worked up energy for something more constructive and creative. I know you're frustrated because you don't get to play, but seriously - Shape up. Go play football or something.

Only sport for me is the slaying of monsters! (And raiding a few settlements, after all, I am an anglo-saxon :P)

My favourite sports is cupboard raiding. Or cow tipping.

Aeris, on 19 Feb 2014 - 8:51 PM, said:

My favourite sports is cupboard raiding. Or cow tipping.

Cow tipping is an urban legend. I have cows, and they lay down to sleep, thus making it impossible to tip them... Damn cows and their logic.

• Like 1

The reason they're not standing is because I've tipped them over

• Like 4

The reason they're not standing is because I've tipped them over

LOL!! Yes, it is VERY possible to tip cows. I've done it. I mean, I've seen it.

I read this and I think What about the non premium players?  This game says it gives the option of free to play as well as pay to play, so in that case, everyone should get something when the servers go down, not just the paying customers.   I am premium and have deeds, but as far as I am concerned, some system for helping non prem players would be good too, e.g. put a coin into everyone's inventory, or a sleep powder so we can either use it or sell it (for non prem players).

And at this comment i think of the non prem accounts ppl will very quickly make and poof 100 hrs sleep bonus or poof 100s.

• Like 1

And at this comment i think of the non prem accounts ppl will very quickly make and poof 100 hrs sleep bonus or poof 100s.

This could easily be said about any sleep bonus compensation, not just this one, if it does happen.

silentninja, on 19 Feb 2014 - 10:15 PM, said:

Sleep bonus is absolutely useless to non-premium players with most of their skills capped at 20....

Darwin, on 19 Feb 2014 - 10:24 PM, said:

GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH.

Liberty is just North of Tap Dance on Celebration. Though I doubt Annalise would just give it to you. :P

• Like 1

GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH.

Liberty is just North of Tap Dance on Celebration. Though I doubt Annalise would just give it to you. :P

The Original "Liberty" village B)  has been West North West of Freedom Market on Indy for many years, long before Celebration was even created. :rolleyes:

I doubt that MPChris wishes to part with it though. B)