Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

Update concerning DDoS attack and Downtime. Updated 18:20 CET February 20th

Dear Wurm Dev.  et al,

You guys rock.  Thank you for keeping us so well informed!  I am quite certain justice will find it's way to the person(s) who did this.  I can't wait to try out Wurm on the new host, and to finally get to try all the new updates.  Keep up the good work guys!

Tarquin

• Like 2

Great job Rolf and everyone else at the office to get Wurm up and running. I am proud to see you guys working so hard. So glad you guys decided to take a "Sucker Punch" and turn it into a "Golden Opportunity". I commend you on not letting the attack drag you down, but rather push you in a more positive direction. Kudos!

Thanks for all your hard work guys.

and i reitterate a previous comment i made...

I have to say, the most likely causes of an attack are 1) disgruntled banned player. or 2) feeble attepts to stock up on SB for the wagon builds.

As such, in case it's #2 i Seriously think that NO SB should be awarded for this downtime cos it'll just incite more attacks.

just extend premiums and upkeep. this is the one occasion where i feel SB reimbursment would be counter-productive.

I read this and I think What about the non premium players?  This game says it gives the option of free to play as well as pay to play, so in that case, everyone should get something when the servers go down, not just the paying customers.   I am premium and have deeds, but as far as I am concerned, some system for helping non prem players would be good too, e.g. put a coin into everyone's inventory, or a sleep powder so we can either use it or sell it (for non prem players).

Sad to hear it is taking longer than expected, but I appreciate the devs working so hard to resolve this problem. Thanks for creating such a unique and wonderful game.

Great job Rolf and everyone else at the office to get Wurm up and running. I am proud to see you guys working so hard. So glad you guys decided to take a "Sucker Punch" and turn it into a "Golden Opportunity". I commend you on not letting the attack drag you down, but rather push you in a more positive direction. Kudos!

Edit to my previous post. Do not want to give false hope or fasle info. Game is not up yet. Just commending the whole Wurm team on working so hard to get it that way.

I read this and I think What about the non premium players?  This game says it gives the option of free to play as well as pay to play, so in that case, everyone should get something when the servers go down, not just the paying customers.   I am premium and have deeds, but as far as I am concerned, some system for helping non prem players would be good too, e.g. put a coin into everyone's inventory, or a sleep powder so we can either use it or sell it (for non prem players).

+1. I hate to sound greedy, and I'm not asking for hand-outs, but it is kind of a bummer that all of my crops will probably be dead and I will most likely be missing animals when the game comes back online. Considering some animals sell for more than I could grind in a month selling stuff, that's kind of a big hit for a free player. Also, it's gonna be hard for me to replant with what little veggies I have in my FSB seeing as I just moved. Not to mention I died yesterday from Wurm withdrawal, and my family had to bury me in a compost heap because they were too poor to afford a proper burial.

+1. I hate to sound greedy, and I'm not asking for hand-outs, but it is kind of a bummer that all of my crops will probably be dead and I will most likely be missing animals when the game comes back online. Considering some animals sell for more than I could grind in a month selling stuff, that's kind of a big hit for a free player. Also, it's gonna be hard for me to replant with what little veggies I have in my FSB seeing as I just moved. Not to mention I died yesterday from Wurm withdrawal, and my family had to bury me in a compost heap because they were too poor to afford a proper burial.

As it has been said before. While the servers are offline, No decay, or damage, or other things like that will happen.

• Like 3

obviously the DDoTosser just wants sleep bonus

the wurm team should really work on fixing the bugs and blank icons that have been around for years.  ive noticed that customer satisfaction is abysmal and that people treat bugs like they are features.  good job getting the updates out though you're really polishing up the game but a lot of these bugs are as old as the features themselves.

Edited by Johnston2

Broteas, on 19 Feb 2014 - 5:07 PM, said:

As it has been said before. While the servers are offline, No decay, or damage, or other things like that will happen.

That would be nice, but I've lost animals before due to server crashes where it wasn't down for even an hour, so I'm EXTREMELY skeptical that I'll find all my animals in their pens after the game's been down for two days...

Exactly what I wanted to say

This is exactly why WURM is da Bomb, They keep us well informed, very proffessional and doing whats in the best interest of us ( the players). I read someone stated this was caused for sleep bonus, if that were true..... the attack would have started and stopped withing a few mins...... a hr or so pass.... another attack and so on untill they got Sleep Bonus. This wasn't the case. We got disconected from the server DO TO A DDOS attack. Easier to say someone did it for sleep bonus rather than face the facts there are still moron's out there with no life attacking games. wether it be a disgruntled past employee or banned player. Rolf and his team have made the best out of the situation and is moving us to a new server. So if it takes a few days, I give this WHOLE WURM TEAM a thumbs up. Please keep up the good work guys n gals

obviously the DDoTosser just wants sleep bonus

the wurm team should really work on fixing the bugs and blank icons that have been around for years.  ive noticed that customer satisfaction is abysmal and that people treat bugs like they are features.  good job getting the updates out though you're really polishing up the game but a lot of these bugs are as old as the features themselves.

Are blank Icons inhibiting your ability to play? It doesn't inhibit mine. What bugs are being treated as features? Did you expand on them and put them in the suggestions forum or made it notice to any of the devs?

If you haven't done any of that, stop complaining. These guys have behaved better than any other mmo I've played so far. At least you're nice enough on complementing on the update!

And the grind, man, the grind...

12 years just for what is considered basic education... at least assuming your teachers were halfway competent.

Klaa, on 19 Feb 2014 - 5:58 PM, said:

12 years just for what is considered basic education... at least assuming your teachers were halfway competent.

Mine weren't. Still won't get those 12 years back. D:

My hungry animals.. :unsure:

They will be just fine in a frozen world..  :P

I am sitting and waiting patiently..  But i really wanna get back to the grind..:P    I miss you WURM!!!!

I'm missing Wurm but knowing it's for the best makes the wait worth while.  I am thankful for all the updates, you guys rock!

how about some sleep powder for everyone :)

looking forward to better server stability and the new update, 

Thanks for the update guys.

Edited by smyth

smyth, on 19 Feb 2014 - 6:47 PM, said:

how about some sleep powder for everyone :)

looking forward to better server stability and the new update, 

Thanks for the update guys.

I already have sleep powder. What would really be nice is if they just gave everyone a silver or at least a decent amount of copper. It'd all end up in the hands of premium players anyway since the free players would just use it to buy higher ql gear/tools. The economy could really use a boost, items in shops hardly get sold because premium players spend most of their money on their premium status and deed upkeep once they acquire proper gear and tools... At least that's how it seems to me, I window shop a lot. Would be nice if the in-game currency were actually exchanged between players a little more instead of just being funneled into some invisible landlord's pockets.

• Like 1

I buy sleep powder and bricks on a consistent basis :)

Edited by Kruggan

Kruggan, on 19 Feb 2014 - 7:04 PM, said:

I buy sleep powder and bricks on a consistent basis :)

Are you on Celebration? Because I could really use some income. I also have a ton of troll clubs on hand I can't seem to sell.

Although I've only been playing for a few months now, I am already addicted. My only regret so far is not finding out about this game sooner.

The last thing I remember before going to bed was that I made two crates and reorganized some materials, then crafted some axles and figured I would build a boat transport the next day...  

Anyways I really appreciate that the Dev team keeping us confirmed and up to date in the forums personally, it feels allot more like a community than a company, and makes me want to keep supporting this game even more. :D

• Like 1

Thanks for the updates and professionalism. However, I want to play! Bugging out!