Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

Update concerning DDoS attack and Downtime. Updated 18:20 CET February 20th

In the English online dictionary it says both is possible, sped / speeded.

http://www.dict.cc/?s=speed

:o

Otherwise, cudos for your current work and keep it up.

May you have luck and cookies on your rescue-the-server mission. Lots of cookies. Cookies till the win.

Edited by Pinkpanda

Who proofreads these web articles?

speeded up? Really?

"The Cambridge Guide to English Usage indicates that sped is for objects in motion (the race car sped) while speeded is used for activities or processes, but notes that the British English convention does not hold in American English."

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/speed#English

Geez, what am I doing?! I hope this outage ends soon.

OMG WE'RE ON THE BBC

Heh, even more interesting is that we are on the front page of the technology section.   So the article isn't a page 3 insignificant article.  It will be seen by millions.

• Like 1

Expect wurm to get a massive increase in playerbase thanks to the ddoss'er, its gone viral the news about wurm 10k reward  :)

lot of people like me know about wurm since this attack and are waiting to explore this world.

looks like a good marketing campain ;) (just joking)

• Like 3

I have one question. When the new host comes online, will we need to download a new client?

Shouldn't need to download a new client Fred.  DNS should have been changed yesterday or this morning once the ink was signed.  So there would be no need to use a temporary URL.   If you haven't tried to log in since before the update, you might want to fire up the link it will download the updates that came out with the 1.2 patch the webserver where the game client downloads are stored is still up  and so you can get those updates now rather than waiting

I have one question. When the new host comes online, will we need to download a new client?

No.. its only server move not a game change

Test server down too... :(    yesterday is work...

Test server is up and running.  Check the link from the wiki.

Truly,  this is indeed a big deal getting covered on the news!  I just hope it brings more of the same great people here to join us that we already have.  No more of these dang insecure attacks....pls hang your head and give a moment of silence or what ever you may do in your neck of the woods to wish a well intended thought that attacks will not be a trend in the future for wurm.  I truly hope this is the last time we experience this.  And hope for a new influx of wonderful people like the ones I know and love already....that are ripping their every last hair out of their heads waiting!!!!

Test server is up and running.  Check the link from the wiki.

Login server on test no work , i cannot login on test. Link is ok,tested...

I understand what "no ETA" means, but .. but .. it's getting too long, even with the migration and all the stuff.

A good ETA would be .. tonight or not tonight? I need to know if I have to keep tending my cat ..

I understand what "no ETA" means, but .. but .. it's getting too long, even with the migration and all the stuff.

A good ETA would be .. tonight or not tonight? I need to know if I have to keep tending my cat ..

I guess it must be the kind of process where you change it, then test it to see if it's good, then change it again, so you never know how many iterations you still need until it's ready.

And I guess they want to be sure, because they don't want all those new people to have a bad first impression. First impression is 90% of all player retention.

• Like 1

IMHO the ETA is ASAP.

You need to start therapy asap...

I'm just glad I managed to secure a little seaside realestate, before everyone who reads the news turns up to ruin our lovely beaches!

Im guessing they cannot give a decent ETA since they are waiting on the hosting company. It's very difficult to estimate something that is out of your control

My first post.

Haha, i cant believe this, an attack on the server is the best thing that could happen.

I mean, i never heard of this game before now, and now they can move the servers too.

Man i wish i knew about this game sooner its right up my alley, too bad i cant register yet.

I always wished MMO`s where like this.

(Edit)  anyone know a thread where is says what you actually can build, do. Or if its eat sleep and drink like Minecraft survival ?

And holy hell, can you have animals ? 

Edited by Realzi
  • Like 4

My first post.

Haha, i cant believe this, an attack on the server is the best thing that could happen.

I mean, i never heard of this game before now, and now they can move the servers too.

Man i wish i knew about this game sooner its right up my alley, too bad i cant register yet.

I always wished MMO`s where like this.

Welcome to the club. This kinda thing will get alot of new players like yourself into the game. Pristine is the best.