Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

Update concerning DDoS attack and Downtime. Updated 18:20 CET February 20th

you know if you all are that bored you could go do offers to get free coins while we are on downtime

already tried, shop won't even load for me lol

Excuse me but what kind of sick person would DOS the server just to get sleep bonus?? I don't agree that this was the motive, it's just too filthy to conceive and I wonder how anyone even thought of it to mention it.

Excuse me but what kind of sick person would DOS the server just to get sleep bonus?? I don't agree that this was the motive, it's just too filthy to conceive and I wonder how anyone even thought of it to mention it.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but was the attack on wurm specifically or just the hosting company? I thought it affected multiple clients of said hosting company. I think the SB motive is just a guess. I was under the impression that it wasn't wurm attacked specifically.

Man I hope we Euros get a chance to play before bedtime today. I only started playing a few days ago and am already suffering from severe withdrawal symptoms.  :(

• Like 1

Quick question. If I planted a deed a few hours before the downtime, and there was a rollback during of that deed placement, will I be reimbursed to place the deed again?

No

We just don't know.  Any times put forward right now as simply guesses.

Thank youi and fair enough. :)

sorry  but the sb  theory  is just nonsense to me . Shut the servers down for possibly days, just for   for 5 hrs of  sb . simply makes no sense.  Considering a new patch update normally comes with  enough minor bugs and  restarts to get that anyway ... just sayin!    "JK RULES"!

That is really sad that this happened i really need to get a fix of wurm really really bad and was expecting to get on today and play. But then I guess it is god that you are moving hosts. Just want the game to be back up today.

Shocked to hear the servers were left on all night rather than shut down properly, instead just pulled offline. More evidence that hosting company deserves a swift kick up the arse! Thinking that may also mean a rollback is likely, but either way, thanks team for all you are doing to get us back to the game sooner rather than later.

The SB theory is weird, IMO. It makes more sense to me that someone from the "Client hack ban list" is mad they were banned for hacking the client.

oh amn we all lose so amny skill what we can amke when the server that stay on hope we all become 2 kill points in all skills for the not play time

Quick question. If I planted a deed a few hours before the downtime, and there was a rollback during of that deed placement, will I be reimbursed to place the deed again?

IF you were rolled back, to before you had the silver used to purchase the settlement form, AND the silver was purchased from the cash shop, then I have no doubts that you will have the silver restored into your bank/inventory. In any other situation, where you traded for the silver in-game, already had the silver and simply bought the form, or already had the form, and just placed it, there would be no reason to reimburse you, as you would not have lost anything, except a little bit of time. If you bought the silver (to buy the settlement form with) off another player for RL cash, and were rolled back to before you received the silver from them, then you've learned why this is a risky option.

anyone looking for a place to chat

fornum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/chat/

can join us here while we wait for breaking new from the dev team

k guys its up \o/

Login server is shutting down, not up, unfortunately.

http://wurmonline.com/status/

Seems it was up briefly, a couple people seem to have managed to log in, but I hope they don't do anything, because unless the rollback already happened... heh.

anyone looking for a place to chat

fornum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/chat/

can join us here while we wait for breaking new from the dev team

Oops! Google Chrome could not find fornum.wurmonline.com

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/chat/     <-- the proper link

Edited by Arronicus

I'm really looking forward to tying out the game. Downloaded yesterday, but still can't play. unfortunate situation :C

• Like 1

I'm really looking forward to tying out the game. Downloaded yesterday, but still can't play. unfortunate situation :C

It's a great game, you wont be disappointed.

• Like 3

Thanks for keeping us updated.  And great news switching to a new host.  

I think the fact that this attack will ultimately result in a better situation is my favorite kind of poetic justice.  I hope it really pisses off the attacker.  lol.  The only thing better would be if they  catch the sorry little loser.  (and/or removing him/her from the gene pool)

Most likely the attacker wasn't even angry at the game, probably just practicing/playing around.

And the one about him DDOSing for sleep bonus........ I don't even want to know where/how you came up with that. >_<

• Like 1

Man I hope we Euros get a chance to play before bedtime today. I only started playing a few days ago and am already suffering from severe withdrawal symptoms.  :(

It only gets worse, gl. You could always go build a RL wagon and hitch some horses to it. Make some plate armor and set in your yard 'guarding your terriroty'

Got a fine for chopping a tree in a park, even though slapping the ground several times didn't give me any indications that it was deed or perimeter.

"Just building a cart" didn't calm the cops down either.

• Like 5