Sign in to follow this  
Mirai

Need land big enough for a deed and growing room

this might seem stupid but i need to find land big enough for a deed plus growing room because i want to open a horse ranch. NOT in the wasteland(Desert) or cauldera :) dont wanna worry about monsters while building up the land. Not on a pointy mountainn/hill (someone tried to give me that and i was like it would take me 2 months to terraform this plus it would make the point look dumb.) So if anyone knows a place (Oh and no suuuper steep inclines either please :D) thanks! My IGN is the same as it is on the forums.

I am on the edge of the desert. One you have the deed planted and a guard tower up it's pretty safe. Rather new myself but I also believe that the more deeds in a area the lower the spawn rate of mobs is.

Id prefer grass easier to terraform for horses but i shall check it out still searching for land :)

Edited by Mirai

I am on the edge of the desert. One you have the deed planted and a guard tower up it's pretty safe. Rather new myself but I also believe that the more deeds in a area the lower the spawn rate of mobs is.

It's more that mobs can't spawn on deeded land, but with a guard tower and a templar or two (revel in your filthy cheap freedom-templars), it's really rather safe. 

No Risk no fun Sweety :) Getting eaten by spiders contributes to Wurm's Charmes! :P

btw you can just drop 1 dirt in the middle of a 2x2 tile sand area and it all becomes dirt, and then you can plant gras on it

May the Fluff and Fo be with you :wub:

• Like 1

If you're looking for a place to grow later on, my suggestion to you is either 1) have a decent sized perimeter to be able to expand or 2) be willing to place more than 1 deed later on. In this world, it's a deed it or lose it mentality. ;)

Edited by Anders

Haha i know all this already i was just hoping :)

Just suggestions anyway. :)

Another thing I've noticed about this game is even if you deed somewhere medium sized for now, hang out in the game for a while (over the span of a few months). Places nearby you will eventually be up for grabs. It's all about outlasting others in this game to get the land you want. ;)

Just suggestions anyway. :)

Another thing I've noticed about this game is even if you deed somewhere medium sized for now, hang out in the game for a while (over the span of a few months). Places nearby you will eventually be up for grabs. It's all about outlasting others in this game to get the land you want. ;)

haha i have property right now but its too small for a deed and i know the place next to me is abandoned because noone is ever in it problem is nothings decaying so i know it has more then 2 weeks left but i am willing to out wait it if i dont find better :D

With the right mindset, and your trusty shovel, you can make your own land on any coastline you wish... This is what I did. 

Found some friendly neighbors, and started levelling out to sea..  I now have a 17x25 tile area raised, and constantly adding more :)

Yea gotta find cost land :) Trying to stay on the main island for the sake of my other animals xD but thanks i shall certainly look!

It's more that mobs can't spawn on deeded land, but with a guard tower and a templar or two (revel in your filthy cheap freedom-templars), it's really rather safe.

Mobs can spawn on deeded land, it's a bit more rare though. (Infact a thread just come up asking about this) wether it's new or not, I don't know. But for the past 5-ish months, I've had mobs spawn on deeds, in fences, and of course the mine (which iirc has always been possible mine wise)

They seem to spawn more if you bait for them (or maybe they just spawn outside the deed and run in for a snack). I have a neighbor who seems to do this (meat out all over and unbutchered corpses) while I am left in relative peace, other than the daily troll incursion.

I know of a good coastal spot that's partially raised already, with a land bridge... Nice neighbors, and good neighborhood.. Not going to post it here, but send a tell to garak or harak in game and I'll give you the coords to check it out.  It'll be a lot of work to raise it to a good size, but well worth the effort, with plenty of room to expand.

I know of a good coastal spot that's partially raised already, with a land bridge... Nice neighbors, and good neighborhood.. Not going to post it here, but send a tell to garak or harak in game and I'll give you the coords to check it out.  It'll be a lot of work to raise it to a good size, but well worth the effort, with plenty of room to expand.

I wonder if anyone is going to ask those nice neighbours first what do they think or what plans they might have for that place.

And I suppose those neighbours would like to choose themselves who they want in their vicinity.

Edited by Evening

If you want all that, I would look for an alliance near a coast that you can join a village in.

Find one that has dying deeds near it and wait.  

Because what you are looking for is not exactly low demand real-estate, unless you go out to some remote corner (maybe)

I wonder if anyone is going to ask those nice neighbours first what do they think or what plans they might have for that place.

And I suppose those neighbours would like to choose themselves who they want in their vicinity.

I am sure the neighbors in question would be spoken to, if possible, before moving in :)  Although I haven't seen either of them on in ~2 weeks, so those neighboring deeds may be abandoned now.

Good Day  Have deed on coast that I might be interested in selling - good area for horses and is big enough its 21x77 with 5 tiles for perimeter- please PM me or message me in forum.