Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Expect Wurm to be offline at least until noon 19 Feb CET

Most probably our hosting company will not put us back online until earliest noon tomorrow Swedish time when we have had possibility to discuss what to do. They are busy investigating and probably explaining the situation to their other customers at the moment so we don’t have a lot of communication. They are hard to reach so we don’t know if the attack persists and there is nothing we can do but wait and investigate our options at this stage.

We will compensate for lost premium time.

• Most probably our hosting company will not put us back online until earliest noon tomorrow Swedish time when we have had possibility to discuss what to do. They are busy investigating and probably explaining the situation to their other customers at the moment so we don’t have a lot of communication. They are hard to reach so we don’t know if the attack persists and there is nothing we can do but wait and investigate our options at this stage.

We will compensate for lost premium time.

How about deed time extension also?

• Like 1

deed time i think is not like premium time, if the servers are offline the upkeep stays the same.

Deed timer is freezing with the game servers.

Edited by Sklo:D

"Driftstatus nu: 2014-02-18 1545-1615 Överbelastningsattack, mål identifierat samt attack avstyrd"

The hosting company claims it is fixed. Kinda weird to call something fixed if all you did was shut down one of your costumers to "fix" it. But hopefully they actually have fixed it and this means Rolf will get the servers back up soon?

I'm just so darn frustrated atm i had nothing better to do then post it here aswell. :P

• Like 1

"Driftstatus nu: 2014-02-18 1545-1615 Överbelastningsattack, mål identifierat samt attack avstyrd"

The hosting company claims it is fixed. Kinda weird to call something fixed if all you did was shut down one of your costumers to "fix" it. But hopefully they actually have fixed it and this means Rolf will get the servers back up soon?

I'm just so darn frustrated atm i had nothing better to do then post it here aswell. :P

I don't read German but the thought occurred to me that the Hosting Company may consider it "Fixed" because they told Rolf Wurm would not be hosted until tomorrow, in other words this message is probably intended for the Hosting Company's other Customers, not us or Wurm. Point of view.

In-game time (supposedly?) stands still while servers are down. No upkeep drain, no plant growth, no animal hunger.

I don't read German but the thought occurred to me that the Hosting Company may consider it "Fixed" because they told Rolf Wurm would not be hosted until tomorrow, in other words this message is probably intended for the Hosting Company's other Customers, not us or Wurm. Point of view.

Yeah, I figuered the same. Im just hyped about getting back on asap :)

Edit: Btw, its swedish

Edited by permo

In-game time (supposedly?) stands still while servers are down. No upkeep drain, no plant growth, no animal hunger.

But my critters miss me so much when I'm gone!  Even when the servers are down!   :lol:

• Like 1

Yeah, I figuered the same. Im just hyped about getting back on asap :)

Edit: Btw, its swedish

I always figured I was the village idiot around here... that just proved it lol

Discouraging news, but it's good news.

Agreed but at least we've been informed whats happened, hope everything gets sorted soon. Thanks to staff and team for responding hastily on this. :)

• Like 1

GERMAN? HOW DARE YOU? :D

I don't want to be ... but this is not German... i guess it is Swedish :ph34r:

But anyways, these DDOS attacks are a real downer... please someone, anyone, do something about this... come on we got IP tracking and satellites and the like, please someone find the responsible(s) !

Hope all ends well and good. Good luck Dev team!

Edited by Drwebs

getting secret USA military laser gun satellites in position hold on...

• Like 1

No backup Hosting Company?

lol you can always spot the new comers to Wurm online

(I consider anyone under two years of playing this game a new comer so don't get your Jimmies rustled)

• Like 1

^^*rustles my jimmies* (Do I have jimmies?) I'm taking this time to do some planning of my new house. There's got to be an upside to all this downtime.

• Like 1

You running linux based servers?

If so you tried installing APF, BFD, DDOS DEFLATE or Rootkit.. now idk how your system runs so dont judge me on my questions xD hehe..

If linux based can also try and adding ip tables..

Would be something like:

-I INPUT -p TCP -m state --state NEW -m limit --limit 30/minute --limit-burst 5 -j ACCEPT

-I INPUT -p udp -m state --state NEW -m limit --limit 30/minute --limit-burst 5 -j ACCEPT

Add the above rules to /etc/iptables.up.rules

Also cloud services helps a lot with mitigation of a ddos attack.. if ISP had to shut you down for this then you seriously need a better ISP.. 

It was much easier to find a ddos attacker some years back, now its very difficult...

The newest way is NTP attacks which where used against League of legends and other games. This can usually be fixed by updating the NTP software.

(I'm not familiar with your systems or how the game runs serverside.. so some of these suggestions might prevent ppl from playing, so please check that out first *lol*)

If your isp cant find the control ip I wouldnt mind offering my sparetime backtracing them for you if I can.. You should have log files of the ips I hope.. so just mail them to me, I believe you have my email adress from my profile.

Its been a few yrs since I've done this sort of work though so I cant make any promises.  I used to program Cisco routers to prevent such attacks I also did some backtracing. Three I got shutdown from their own Isp's by talking to their providers after locating them..

(Bare in mind I'm a bit old and rusty at this)

But lemme know if I can help out, I don't ask for anything other than being able to play again... I love wurm =)

do i still get sleep bonus from sleeping in bed while this downtime occurs?  :blink:

Sign in to follow this