Sign in to follow this  
RomaN

Sea Serpent

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/96256-r1777-12-release

I saw in the patchnotes that Sea Serpents have been added.

I recall in the early days when Deliverance first opened, sharks were added to the server. Some players were thrown off their boats by sharks and killed. At the same time, there were also rumours floating about of people being attacked by an unknown entity which they thought was a sea serpent that they couldn't mouse over.

After a few days, all sharks suddenly disappeared from the server. I assume they were removed by Rolf after people raised concerns over them being ridiculously powerful and swimming backwards.

Are Sea Serpents some kind of new unique?

• Like 1

it's a large snake afaik.

devs made a video where they spawned one :P

Hope we can find them randomly in lakes and gather small armies to get them killed on rowboats haha

• Like 1

It's not a unique, just think unlimited stamina power snake chasing you while you're in a boat with nowhere to get off and regen stam in ;)

They are the ultimate bane of ship travel. With 74 FS and drake it still gave me an utter kicking.

They are the ultimate bane of ship travel. With 74 FS and drake it still gave me an utter kicking.

Now this, I've got to see......:o

I think sharks and serpents are wonderful additions to the game.  Far too long have we been able to sail the seas without fear.  BUT, in order to prevent them from being a nuisance, they should be easily seen from a distance, have a small aggro range so people can navigate around them, and they should move frequently to keep things interesting and provide sea-monster hunting.

• Like 1

Can they be found on freedom?

They have been around for some time during the opening of new servers. I died to one when Cele opened and had to blind navigate back to my corpse and boat that had ALL my belongings. That was nearly a rage quit day.

• Like 1

I've heard rumours of people finding them but they are just that, a rumour. And as far as i know sharks were huge and was as strong as a small unique, which was probably why they were removed. I am not sure why they had to be made so strong... 

I was chased by one the 3/4 the length of celeb, i didn't find it all that enjoyable tbh, I was in a knarr with good gear but no wind. Because of the abhorrable wind conditions in wurm there won't be ways to avoid them, so we'll die to them.

• Like 2

Can we have shipcannons please ?

This is medieval themed we should have ballistics. Or maybe catas on large ships. 

This is medieval themed we should have ballistics. Or maybe catas on large ships. 

Do you mean ballista?

Also, gunpowder artillery was around long before the middle ages.

Yes ballista.

Yeah but I don't think it was in Europe, also cannons would be far more difficult to be Incorporated, then people would want pistols, it would snow ball

Awesome!!! Hopefully they wont get nerfed into nothing but stationary blobs from QQing that is going to happen sooner or later.

I've heard rumours of people finding them but they are just that, a rumour. And as far as i know sharks were huge and was as strong as a small unique, which was probably why they were removed. I am not sure why they had to be made so strong... 

Found it.

Logging started 2012-06-01

[01:55:50] Aged sea serpent moves in to attack you.

[01:55:53] You try to cut a Aged sea serpent.

[01:55:56] You try to cut a Aged sea serpent.

[01:55:56] Aged sea serpent moves in to attack you.

[01:55:59] Aged sea serpent suddenly goes into a frenzy.

[01:56:00] Aged sea serpent seems to target your upper left parts.

[01:56:02] Aged sea serpent targets your upper left parts.

[01:56:13] You try to cut a Aged sea serpent.

[01:56:16] You try to cut a Aged sea serpent.

[01:56:20] Aged sea serpent moves in to attack you.

[01:56:21] You try to cut a Aged sea serpent.

[01:56:23] You try to cut a Aged sea serpent.

[01:56:32] You try to cut a Aged sea serpent.

[01:56:32] Aged sea serpent moves in to attack you.

[01:56:35] You open yourself to an attack from Aged sea serpent.

[01:56:35] Aged sea serpent bites you deadly hard in the left upper arm and damages it.

[01:56:35] You are dead.

No Gunpowder, ever please...

This. We're playing a medieval-fantasy game. Gunpowder has the canny effect of trump-carding castle walls, horses, riders, and nearly every sort of medieval weapon. The game would just turn into a laggy musket and cannon simulator...

But as I usually do; +1 to ballista on ships.

• Like 1

meh, between arquebuses, muskets, pistols and effective cannons, there's an history gap of near 200 years, and even more.

meh, between arquebuses, muskets, pistols and effective cannons, there's an history gap of near 200 years, and even more.

But in this game, if you put in one item like that, there are those that would want them all anyway.  The arguement would be that we have ships from several centuries, why not gunpowder weapons?

I fail to see what putting deadly mobs into an already very slow and boring mechanism of sailing is going to do to improve it :(

• Like 3