Sign in to follow this  
Seara

Servers offline from a DDOS attack.

Well it does give me time to watch the olympics until the servers go up again :)

But still i do hope the ones responsible for this gets a disease wich causes their anus to grow teeths and eat them..

Well it does give me time to watch the olympics until the servers go up again :)

But still i do hope the ones responsible for this gets a disease wich causes their anus to grow teeths and eat them..

Great image...it looks like Cookiemonster o.o

lol yeah if that's the ongoing they just need to shut down Chicago LOL biggest cluster 

but yeah what I saw was on a news site that was talking about one massive linked DDOS attack in European regions. But who knows how much of that is true "news tends to "exaggerate" on many occasions". But if so then it's linked between the ones that's been bouncing around hitting bigger servers.

No, this has nothing to do with the major NTP DDoSes earlier.

No, this has nothing to do with the major NTP DDoSes earlier.

I know lol xD 

It is pathetic though as none of the morons gain anything from it....except maybe prison when caught xP

It is pathetic though as none of the morons gain anything from it....except maybe prison when caught xP

I think we should keep with the medieval theme of the game. I vote for draw and quartering the culprit.

On a side note, messing with this while we wait for servers to become available.

Edited by Trooper

Any closer to finding culprits? 

I mean damn. wurm-withdrawl kicked in hard...  shakes, sweats, spam clicking on destop "create" lol.. just does not feel the same ...

Lol, all of you are addicted, you can`t play wurm for a day or two and you get wurm withdrawal symptoms, obsessive mumbo jumbo about nothing, verbal aggression.... :D

Team Wurm Tell Use ON Facebook Dis?

Following up on yesterdays DDOS attack on our servers. 

As we have previously announced on our forums, we where already looking into migrating the hosting of Wurm to more secure and robust servers. 

It would also mean an overall performance boost compared to our current set up. 

This event shows it is none to soon so as we would still experience downtime during a migration, we will go forward with this immediately.

am not so happy what happend with use wall,s and door,s and animals need food and wall,s broken and horses dont have food any more :( 

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/96312-wurm-online-official/?p=970564

You where fast to pick up on that post.

I am going to be posting information here as well.

But yes, we are doing our very best to migrate the hosting of Wurm right now when servers are already down due to the DDOS attack.

And as we where already in the process of testing and making a deal with the new host, we have a good chance of this going well.

I can not provide you with an accurate time estimate at this second.

I will post later with further information!

Edited by Protunia

am not so happy what happend with use wall,s and door,s and animals need food and wall,s broken and horses dont have food any more :(

Servers are down, so in-game time is frozen - no decay, no rotting fields, no hungry animals, no griefers bashing down fences, no nothing :P

Also, premium time will be extended with the downtime period, as Devs already announced.

Though with the migration to a new host provider, I'd rather pay myself a few premium days worth to CodeClub than asking for any reimbursements, as long as these attacks won't affect us in the future anymore, and maybe we even will have to deal with less lag or disconnections issues.

• Like 2

Since we do not know how, when or under which circumstances our current hosting company want to bring our servers back online we are working on retrieving the data from those servers and put on the new planned hosting. We have the new hosting prepared but it will take a while to set it up.

The game will not be back online within the next 8 hours but we’ll do our best to keep going until they are. We’ll know more at around 20.00 hrs CET today.

another day without wurm

another nice day outside...

*checking if I have some old movies that I could watch*

Nothing official news when servers are up again or???

Two posts above yours, and updated on the original post.

Rolf is moving the servers to new hosting.   We expect the next update in ~ 8 hours.  No ETA yet.

dam so we need w8 8 hr more SO :( some have other game what i can play and look like wurm so i can w8 when wurm back am so bored and miss wurm  :(

[11:49:01] You cast 'severe hemorrhoids' on DDoSer.

[11:49:31] You frown as you fail to improve the power.

Sorry guys, I tried. Joking aside, good luck on the move, and remember: "To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time."

• Like 1

u guys know its not gona be up anythine for a few days? this is just estimates and ive seen this many times before.

I bet thell be down untill sat/sunday or even monday u watch...

• Like 1