Sign in to follow this  
Seara

Servers offline from a DDOS attack.

waarokku, on 19 Feb 2014 - 4:58 PM, said:

if we could only get every banned and disgruntled player in one room,punch em all in the face-then we could be pretty sure we atleast got the guy who did this once and then all go out for some ice cream

violence will not solve this issue as much as you believe it will. Violence begits Violence

I know violence doesn't necessarily solve the problem, but Rolf and his awesome team are solving the problem anyways, so why don't we just go ahead and get our satisfaction out of punching those Wurm-haters?

I can now confirm the servers will not be online until earliest some time tomorrow.

It is in the hands of the new Host now.

Thanks for the heads up

I know violence doesn't necessarily solve the problem, but Rolf and his awesome team are solving the problem anyways, so why don't we just go ahead and get our satisfaction out of punching those Wurm-haters?

because not all banned accounts are bad people, just the odd moron, but if you wanna punch a banned player in the face..... come try me

Shagsdeval, on 19 Feb 2014 - 6:16 PM, said:

because not all banned accounts are bad people, just the odd moron, but if you wanna punch a banned player in the face..... come try me

Don't feel too bad, I've been banned from games before too. Of course, those games sucked anyway.

Don't feel too bad, I've been banned from games before too. Of course, those games sucked anyway.

I don't feel bad, I came back to WURM cause its da BOMB as i stated in previous posts. But not all banned accounts can be researched for the DDOS because even if we were disgruntled over a decission, some of accept it and move on while others plan on how to attempt to destroy something. In the process all they did was help us get a better sever and show all the new players and old players alike how Proffessional the WURM TEAM ARE!!!!!

I'm glad to see so much support for the Wurm Team tonight.  They really are doing their best to make a permanent correction to this problem.  I just hope you all still have this attitude when the servers finally start to come back up.  Remember, we were also just starting the 1.2 update.  We may get a rollback of a few hours, and there are bound to still be errors with the new items.  Not to mdention any problems that may arise when we first try to connect to the new servers.  Let's all stay happy and work with it all, using the proper channels to report problems and exercising a little extra patience.

• Like 2

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0V4TZAyd8I

i found it funny and fitting mkay? *cracks up*

But where has the Wurm gone? Ah well, time to catch up playing real life.

hello all!

when wurm wil still come online is know more den 3 day,s i look info and news and forum. for more info when wurm will still come back live :P i miss game and am so bored. i hope he wil come online fast.

scroll up

'the servers will not be online until earliest some time tomorrow.'

he telling yesterday and day befor to so he come tomorrow online so know 3 day later

I think waiting a few days for the stable running servers (without unexpected crashes and so) will worth the extra time.

• Like 1

lol did you guys not figure out it was Smirky and Adelaire(singleblackmom) who did it yet xD

lol did you guys not figure out it was Smirky and Adelaire(singleblackmom) who did it yet xD

mhm, and if you knew this, why didn't you turn them in for the 10,000$ reward?

Oh, that's right....you didn't.   Troll elsewhere, and leave this thread dead. thanks.

sent seara a message with the char names and how i know . lol

mhm, and if you knew this, why didn't you turn them in for the 10,000$ reward?

Oh, that's right....you didn't.   Troll elsewhere, and leave this thread dead. thanks.

You can't really prove DDOS Attacks. The first D in DDOS explains why. 

It is extremely unlikely that the 10.000$ reward will ever be handed out.

Edited by Sklo:D

The money would only be handed out if it led to a conviction.

You can't really prove DDOS Attacks. The first D in DDOS explains why. 

It is extremely unlikely that the 10.000$ reward will ever be handed out.

It is quite possible if someone knows the person who did it. For example, a "friend" of the criminal, or whichever third party was involved carrying out the attack. That's probably why there is a reward

i already reported the dudes who tried to ddos you guys a few months ago. the other day i messaged seara or whomever. idk if there attempt worked or whatever but i know they tried i heard them talk about it in ventrilo. 

It is quite possible if someone knows the person who did it. For example, a "friend" of the criminal, or whichever third party was involved carrying out the attack. That's probably why there is a reward

And how do you want to prove it?

I also can say you did it. I know you, you are a ddoser so how shall I prove that?

i already reported the dudes who tried to ddos you guys a few months ago. the other day i messaged seara or whomever. idk if there attempt worked or whatever but i know they tried i heard them talk about it in ventrilo. 

not an evidence... This is just someone heard something which is not enough, funny enough that you are even reporting that but well the 10 000€ fee seems to attract some people who try their luck. I guess Rolf wants evidences which are good enough to go in front of a court and sue them.