Sign in to follow this  
Seara

Servers offline from a DDOS attack.

I have 2 prime suspects, you are offering a reward but do we get access to any logs or other evidence, and are you doing anything at all to try and get the individual(s) responsible caught and charged?

Doughboy is a ex sound dev for wurm. He, Solei, and Fomar are now staff/guides over on Xsyon.

Doughboy - Xsyon Guide Hael

Solei - Xsyon Guide Sophia

Fomar - Xsyon Guide Elijah

And? Fomar still plays on chaos from time to time.... Are you implying that they have something to do with all this?

Edited by atazs

Well what is not mentioned here is that DDoS cost REAL money, even if only a few hunders bucks per 24 h (if quick google searches are reliable at all). Which means someone must be really wanting Wurm down. Or rich and bored? My bet is on someone who wants more income from being Wurm down or someone with a real rage burning inside....

If its who has been accused by other players, they made 4k off the game there last few weeks here, they could afford to pay the cpl hundred bucks, It really sucks cause alot of us juz wanna sit back and enjoy the game even when we can not..... Hope Rolf and the devs are having better luck on there end

• Like 1

the harder the times the more we should say semper fidelis.

if Code Club AB is out of such bad trouble, we can whine around and complain.

I love when they are our uncles.

I think if they "did" find the person responsible for the "DDoS" attack. Sadly unless that person lives in Sweden, good luck in getting any sort of prosecution or assistance from whatever country they might be in.

This really does suck because I have until Saturday, February 22 to place my deed because that is when my prem runs out. I understand that no time in game goes by but still I was exited to get on today and place my deed. Stupid people DDOSing. it aggravates me. They don't have anything better to do with their time then ruin the lives of Wurmians. Just because you couldn't build a house doesn't mean you had to make the game freeze.

i think there is no attack at all... or Rolf fu..k something or server provider is noobish...   this time we gona get alot of SB and prem time...   i hope even more

Worse time for server downtime is now....  u advertise 1.2 update so much now all hard work go to waste ....

Edited by RockyBalboa

I think if they "did" find the person responsible for the "DDoS" attack. Sadly unless that person lives in Sweden, good luck in getting any sort of prosecution or assistance from whatever country they might be in.

They still can send a human son of nogump after him, if interpol fails.

Hmm, I feel really bad for the developers. Here they spent all this time delivering a great update and had a smooth patching with minimum downtime, only to have it all spoiled by a hacker.

No doubt, the attacker is reading all this now with a glee in his eye squealing from excitement. I suppose everyone needs their own hobby, no matter how moronic.

In any case, not sure what this DDOS attack was supposed to accomplish. But I know what it accomplishes for us - let's all unite behind the devs, because as much as we don't want to see downtime, they don't deserve their product offline.

• Like 9

i didnt says he lie... i just says all is bussiness :D  u never know what is behind all that

Look on the bright side... someone cared enough to ddos Wurm! whoooooo! :D  

I went and visited an old standby for about an hour. Couldn't get a pug. Tank, heals, 3 dps? Crocs, trolls, and hellhounds will not wait on this! I want Wurm back.  :lol:

atlast test server work :D

They forgot to DDOS the test server too? How unprofessional!

• Like 1

Because the servers weren't down for an unexpected period. The 5h of sb is not given simply for an update, but for compensation for time missed. Servers were down for what, an hour? Why would we get compensated for such a short and painless downtime? =P

Not sure why you're asking ME about that, I'm not the one DDOSing. It was a theory.

We used to be stationed in mid-west North America for years, and that worked quite well.

It didn't work very well for the European players I'll have you know, plus that when the servers went down on non-Swedish hours it could take half a day to get them back up because of time differences.

Hmm, I feel really bad for the developers. Here they spent all this time delivering a great update and had a smooth patching with minimum downtime, only to have it all spoiled by a hacker.

No doubt, the attacker is reading all this now with a glee in his eye squealing from excitement. I suppose everyone needs their own hobby, no matter how moronic.

In any case, not sure what this DDOS attack was supposed to accomplish. But I know what it accomplishes for us - let's all unite behind the devs, because as much as we don't want to see downtime, they don't deserve their product offline.

I agree. I for one am rallying behind the devs and Rolf. Thank you guys for creating a wonderful game that I can get lost in. And I am looking forward to tomorrow at noon when I can get lost again. Keep it up guys. We love you!!

• Like 1

This one is all your fault. If you get attacked once then someone wants you down, you can't just "accidentally" attack someone. You should of fixed this when it happened last time. :rolleyes:

Instead of worrying about tracking down someone that is almost impossible to track, spend the money on protecting the network....
Its probably another MMO, paying to have you attacked.

Edited by AlexLong

At least the test server is online and the host didn't shut it down. We can kind of get our fix of Wurm if you are up to wandering around an empty environment. (Don't quote me have never been to the test server and I don't know what is there)