Sign in to follow this  
Seara

Servers offline from a DDOS attack.

I guess I will go sit in the dark and wait patiently. :(

Edited by Elen
  • Like 1

February 18, 2014 by Rolf

Most probably our hosting company will not put us back online until earliest noon tomorrow Swedish time when we have had possibility to discuss what to do. They are busy investigating and probably explaining the situation to their other customers at the moment so we don’t have a lot of communication. They are hard to reach so we don’t know if the attack persists and there is nothing we can do but wait and investigate our options at this stage.

nooooooooooooooooooo

• Like 1

Wurm is not that major of a game to be hit twice like this would think other online games would be haveing even more problems with DDOS.  I am rather sceptical person and find that people use things to blame in order to hide their own incopotence is more common.  It could just as likely be that the IP company dispite warning that there would be a large spike in WURM usage today was not prepared and the doubling or more of users online and the increased log in and out trafic was lagging down their unprepared servers big time.  Other customers were compaining about service issues and rather then being honest about thier short comeings they blame it on a DDOS.  Then all they have todo is take WURM (prob one of their largest activity customers on that server).  Thats where the coment that they fixed the problem by simply takeing down their largest use so that all other customers are back to normal.  Yes it could be a real attack but with out seeing the actual usage data it is not proved attack but simply blaming the outage on an attack.  Also last time when we had the DDOS I was lagging horribly and lossing conection over and over.  This time it was gameing as useual (I always have lagg issues though).    Personaly I look forward to WURM moveing to new provider will know if after 6 months with the new server there has been no new DDOS attacks that is was simply incopetance on the old providers part.  If the DDOS atacks were that easy todo then nearly all online games would be having issues with DDOS as WURM is not the only game to have disgruntaled players.

• Like 3

If I knew who the douchebag was, I'd rat them out and let you keep the 10k. 

buy german server space...

I'd prefer getting out of the Euro market; rarely find 24/7 support. Weekend help is minimal. 

We used to be stationed in mid-west North America for years, and that worked quite well.

• Like 2

May this serve as a lesson to all ladies present, when the day comes:  Breastfeed your kids and show them love while they grow up or........ *points to DDoS'ing script kiddy, aka lamer*

Lol.

If I knew who the douchebag was, I'd rat them out and let you keep the 10k. 

I'd prefer getting out of the Euro market; rarely find 24/7 support. Weekend help is minimal. 

We used to be stationed in mid-west North America for years, and that worked quite well.

It has nothing to do with euro vs america and everything to do with rolf choosing a cheap and nasty host, but congrats on proving your ignorance.

• Like 1

We didn't get 5h of sb after the update, perhaps someone thought it could be arranged by causing a serverdown and didn't expect it to be recognized as DDOS.

Because the servers weren't down for an unexpected period. The 5h of sb is not given simply for an update, but for compensation for time missed. Servers were down for what, an hour? Why would we get compensated for such a short and painless downtime? =P

sry but ask the guy what have make the programm for the new update than you found the guy what have make the attack

Could this guy's trolling get any worse? It blows me away. 

Edited by Arronicus

Driftstatus nu: 2014-02-18 1545-1615 Överbelastningsattack, mål identifierat samt attack avstyrd

The hosting company claims it is fixed. Kinda weird to call something fixed if all you did was shut down one of your costumers to "fix" it. But hopefully they actually have fixed it and this means Rolf will get the servers back up soon?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Null_route

Oooo oooo oooo know what we should all do in advance, before servers come back up?

SHOWER!

• Like 2

So I remember once Wurm was down before. I started wandering around and I found something spectacular. It was a door just like in the game. But it would not open. I backed up a few times and tried again but nothing. So I reached for my mouse to examine it and see if it was locked for some reason. And what do ya know, no mouse. I spun around in circles and still nothing. So I did something amazing. I touched it with my real hand. I turned the knob and to my surprise it opened. My dog was the first to run out its braver than me and it goes through the little door in the wall all the time. So out I went and I thought that I was gonna spontaneously combust. It was bright and hot and I could not stand it for long. So I ran back inside and thought nope, not for me. Time for some forum pvp. 

• Like 7

So I remember once Wurm was down before. I started wandering around and I found something spectacular. It was a door just like in the game. But it would not open. I backed up a few times and tried again but nothing. So I reached for my mouse to examine it and see if it was locked for some reason. And what do ya know, no mouse. I spun around in circles and still nothing. So I did something amazing. I touched it with my real hand. I turned the knob and to my surprise it opened. My dog was the first to run out its braver than me and it goes through the little door in the wall all the time. So out I went and I thought that I was gonna spontaneously combust. It was bright and hot and I could not stand it for long. So I ran back inside and thought nope, not for me. Time for some forum pvp. 

I too went out into this "Real World" once. The graphics and audio were amazing but the gameplay sucked.

• Like 5

Yeye, im not any networking expert of any kind. :) I just think it is a fly in my eye when i see the hosting company declaring it as over when wurm still has to be down. :( Im also kinda tired of seeing all these conspiracy theories flying around without any leg to stand on. I feel so sad for Rolf and the team having what should have been a day of celebration destroyed by this attack and the noisence that comes with it.

Edited by permo
  • Like 1

meh change servers and call it good id take this as big of a warning as you could possibly get Yup i think new host time is ohhhh id say about Now!

I think making up are Premium time for the down time isnt enough  i think we should get more from it. this isnt the first time that this has happened and it should have been fixed then. I have never played a game that had so many issues with being down at least non that i pay to play.

I think making up are Premium time for the down time isnt enough i think we should get more from it. this isnt the first time that this has happened and it should have been fixed then. I have never played a game that had so many issues with being down at least non that i pay to play.

This is not something to be fixed. It's like the game was mugged on the street. It can be careful, but random crime can happen.

Edited by NeeNee
  • Like 2

Don't be greedy dragonshearts, it's not rolf or the teams fault, be glad they are giving you premium day back they don't have too at all

~To the One who DDosing~

Eat yellow snow...

No, they should eat brown snow, yellow snow, and red snow.

And all of these colors will be caused by bodily fluids, not snowcone flavoring.

Edited by Addeny
  • Like 1

@ brigstone

Look at that troll account, created entirely to rustle some jimmies with two whole posts. Glorious.

• Like 1

I think making up are Premium time for the down time isnt enough  i think we should get more from it. this isnt the first time that this has happened and it should have been fixed then. I have never played a game that had so many issues with being down at least non that i pay to play.

This game is down a lot less than many others with a very much larger playerbase. You often get nothing but a "Sorry for your inconvenience." Sometimes you don't even get that. If you were grocery shopping and the power went out (as an analogy to the plug being pulled on the connection), they would hardly come running up and give you 1/30th of your month's food for free for your inconvenience. They don't have to give you anything at all. Be thankful they do.

• Like 6

haha funny how some are starting to "demand" something for it, even though rolf and his team probably already suffers themselves....what do THEY get for it mmmmmmh?

• Like 3