Sign in to follow this  
Seara

Servers offline from a DDOS attack.

i ain't complaining just asking questions to know what is expected from this. Game wise. Devs or Rolf can't control moron's

• Like 1

Honestly, DDOS attacks cannot be completely prevented and since they are out of the control of Rolf and his team, there really is ZERO room for any of us to complain to the devs.

It's not their fault.

yeah far from their fault....some jealous idiot's fault, hopefully things will look up once they can prevent the issue from reoccuring

• Like 1

What the point of attacking a GAME, for God sake?? Some people are really stupid and mean.

• Like 1

the more i think about it the more im sure it was that one idiot a few weeks back who for a few weeks kept making new toons,and spamming a link to some wurm macro hacker site.the guy was persistent,and really enraged.a wannabe hacker.and his only goal was to dis wurm,and he said plainly he wanted wurm to die.some mod or gm should know who/what im talking about,and you have his isp addr

The same person was on G-chat just last night too doing same crap over and over.

Time for another fun game of Find That Horse (or Return That Horse)!

People are ridiculous though; they just like to cause chaos.

• Like 1

waaroku, everyone knows who you are talking about and he was Proxy surfing, not 1 solid ISP. I believe they are trying to solve that issue as well. So if it was him they will figure it out

What the point of attacking a GAME, for God sake?? Some people are really stupid and mean.

Because gamers make up the largest community online.....and Wurm just had a huge update that everyone looked forward to......so of course they got to try proving their something special by attacking same day as the update to make it look like Wurm fails.....but it only shows same person doesn't have a maturity level and the hosting company seems to have failed in preparations against DDOS

A real kick in the teeth for the hours spent on this update by the developers this is. Really should have changed hosting company after the first attack.

• Like 10

On a lighter note , I was able to tryout most of the new content before the attack.  WOW  very nice and well worth the wait !   Go Go gadget  wurm team!

o

• Like 8

the more i think about it the more im sure it was that one idiot a few weeks back who for a few weeks kept making new toons,and spamming a link to some wurm macro hacker site.the guy was persistent,and really enraged.a wannabe hacker.and his only goal was to dis wurm,and he said plainly he wanted wurm to die.some mod or gm should know who/what im talking about,and you have his isp address

Think quite a few players know who you're referring to ;)

• Like 1

Such a shame... Rolf and dev team tried to make a good perfect launch.. this happends..

Other than the small bugs they deserve an applaus.

• Like 2

The same person was on G-chat just last night too doing same crap over and over.

At which point? Or time. Not sure I saw him, although I don't follow Global much.

i'm  sure rolf and his team will keep us posted as to when we can expect to be back up as they did last time this happened. :D

He kept us "posted" last time too. For days. He kept us "posted" and before.

What he DID NOT do is to change the damn hosting provider already.

I'd be laughing if I wasn't so annoyed.  "... we are planning on changing hosting anyways" - yeah, right!! after the 50th anniversary of the 100.000th DDOS attack and lack of professionalism??

• Like 5

the more i think about it the more im sure it was that one idiot a few weeks back who for a few weeks kept making new toons,and spamming a link to some wurm macro hacker site.the guy was persistent,and really enraged.a wannabe hacker.and his only goal was to dis wurm,and he said plainly he wanted wurm to die.some mod or gm should know who/what im talking about,and you have his isp address

So basically i'd urge all the idiots who clicked that macro site to disconnect from the internet and do a deep sweep of their computers for virus and malware, they're probably one of the machines doing the DDOS.

He kept us "posted" last time too. For days. He kept us "posted" and before.

What he DID NOT do is to change the damn hosting provider already.

I'd be laughing if I wasn't so annoyed.  "... we are planning on changing hosting anyways" - yeah, right!! after the 50th anniversary of the 100.000th DDOS attack and lack of professionalism??

I've been playing wurm since 2010, and this is like the second DDOS that kept me from playing, and the first was a few weeks ago. You don't just change providers overnight either. Seriously man, grow up.

Edited by KanePT
  • Like 13

Nah Federal can track em if they attack a bank lol. Now a gaming company attack pfft....governments don't care for us =(

Ya i know.  It's just funny, a couple years ago all these kids who thought they where hackers bragging about how they are going to "svae the world" and blah, blah, blah.  Now they are reduced to attacking a game.  :)

waaroku, everyone knows who you are talking about and he was Proxy surfing, not 1 solid ISP. I believe they are trying to solve that issue as well. So if it was him they will figure it out

Sadly is true....and it's likely was the same person since they knew of the update and exactly when it went live. Same person was on last night doing the same crap so I'd believe they had something to do with it if they truely despised our great game

100% Waar, but it can be anyone.. its fricking stupid the way people carry on tbh.. 

Might even be someone recently banned / muted. 

^ Go through your logs GM's its not a random attack other wise they would have done it BEFORE the update or AS SOON AS the update went live, just to make you all look stupid.

Common sense says to me the above ^ 

Someone may be upset with how Rolf manages things, a GM decision or a ban, and wants to cause damage to players and/or Rolf's finances.

Ryamu remove what you wrote about Polish immediately

Don't get so offended lol just for fun xP I changed to national so no "racist" offense can be taken

I find it odd that a DDoS attack would happen right after a major update.  Wouldn't it be more likely that people are using the update as a reason to come back to the game, which could result in a DDoS-like sharp increase in traffic?

• Like 6

And here i decided to log on again after some time. Ha. Timing.

What idiot does ddos attacks to a game like wurm anyways, there is no competition to lure people to and generally i cannot imagine anyone who could profit from this.

So the only conclusion left is that some sexually confused person is jerking off to our angry posts here. Ohwell...whatever gives you joy i guess...

So basically i'd urge all the idiots who clicked that macro site to disconnect from the internet and do a deep sweep of their computers for virus and malware, they're probably one of the machines doing the DDOS.

Agreed, anyone who clicked it is on that idiot's list for attacks and they can be used to transmit attacks. Wouldn't want you guys to get slammed for something you have no control over, disconnecting and resetting your router will slightly change your ip which should bypass that person from being able to use your pc as a host for it.

Why does ###### like this always happen on my day off from work.

• Like 2