Sign in to follow this  
Valdor

Patch 1.2 Undocumented Changes

Large crates seems to have a weird creation chance, maybe it's a hard cap?

I can confirm the 60 carp required for large crates. I have a 92% on small, was unable to make large no matter what QL supplies I used, nudged carp to 60 (I was at 59) and was able to make them. 

40 fine carp for the wagons. 

• Like 1

isn't that reinforced cave wall the same as the old ones?

Nope

I can confirm the 60 carp required for large crates. I have a 92% on small, was unable to make large no matter what QL supplies I used, nudged carp to 60 (I was at 59) and was able to make them. 

40 fine carp for the wagons. 

Baha! Whew! I had 40 finecarp ready for the patch, but only 59.9 carpentry. Hit 60 making my wagons =)

isn't that reinforced cave wall the same as the old ones?

Oh sure, get my hopes up like this, when the servers are down! Evil!

Hi all.

The lighting has been tweaked, and will continue to be tweaked until fully corrected, as for when it will be fully corrected I cannot say.

The Oleander model is indeed new.

Resolution is in your client settings, and have not been changed via the update.

As for the mobs not having their colour, I will have to get back to you on that.

My templar sometimes turns green. Not an issue but made me look twice.

Wild grass has more "rye" strands in it. Looks very nice!

Other thing of note: 63 carpentry gives 33% creation of large crate. All if my planks had been bsb'd as were my nails so I cannot say if one or the other's QL affects this.

Totally unrelated thing of note: Made a rare crate moments after the update went live. It's nothing special. It just shimmers. My second rare item ever. First was a small barrel. LOL As I said, nothing special but I shall gloat anyway!

vMeQ9H3.png

• Like 4

Those large crates are pretty cool looking but they sure are tall. I will probably just make 3 of them, since that will give me 900 hauling capacity, and then keep them stored in a large cart. If the small crates are not nearly as tall they would look nice inside some bulk bin storage house placed around inside. Nice work on em Audrel.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

I am leaving them with 1 plank from finished. Otherwise, you have to load them and can't carry them which might lead to issues of them being picked up on deed. I might have to make a "crate warehouse" for writ permissions. They get heavy carrying around! I was making a trade of them and needed to fight a spider. You should have seen the pile of crates in the road!  :P

• Like 1

Keep in mind some undocumented changes can also be unintended bugs along with being intended behavior... have fun :D

Keep in mind some undocumented changes can also be unintended bugs along with being intended behavior... have fun :D

Nooooo! Don't make an "Add the last plank" patch! They are heavy!

Creating leather from hide now only uses 3 kg of hide and does not create leather pieces.

added the info about how many crates fit on what on respective large and small crate pages on wurmpedia.

Can open a locked chest without having to activate the key first =-)

Not sure if it was documented but I didnt see it anywhere and I just noticed it 

• Like 3

even ships/carts can be 'unlock' now without activated key, it is enough, if that key is in inventory, nice :)

even ships/carts can be 'unlock' now without activated key, it is enough, if that key is in inventory, nice :)

You can also access locked chests if you have the key in your inventory, without having to activate it like before. 

Can open a locked chest without having to activate the key first =-)

Not sure if it was documented but I didnt see it anywhere and I just noticed it 

Nice

By the way, I updated my graphics card drivers and the frame rate hit went away. Hopefully that solves it for good. *cross fingers*

So, if you are experiencing frame rate problems after the new patch, starting with the graphics card drivers may help.

Chain barding made through the crafting window is called Chain Barding, iron unlike previous barding called barding, iron.

Perhaps opening the way for plate barding later down the road?

can anyone confirm if they adjusted the rate your hunger goes down? seems like i'm getting hungry a bit faster than I was before patch

I was told today (haven't tested it yet) that horses outfitted with a briddle can now be led without a rope.

I was told today (haven't tested it yet) that horses outfitted with a briddle can now be led without a rope.

Aye assuming something is activated last I was aware. No idea if that little requirement will change.

i loaded a large magic chest on a wagon.  sent pm's to find out if a bug. or allowed now.  a bit worried it might not work after. but still

i loaded a large magic chest on a wagon.  sent pm's to find out if a bug. or allowed now.  a bit worried it might not work after. but still

Large cart and large magic chest were also added to the load list

Afaik its intended, since it was enabled during the testing phase. Not entirely sure if still intended, so dont quote me.