Sign in to follow this  
james2314

Is buying premium safe?

It's safe. Maybe make a separate bank account or credit card for online purchases if they are still concerned. That does mean you will have to wait a couple of days or so until you can get premium time.

Oh, and if they are concerned because of the DDOS attack, that was just on the game server. The purchases are handled by another company with their own secure servers. Besides, DDOS attacks are done with the intent of shutting down a server, not getting personal info.

I have had premium for a couple years now and never had a problem, especially because Pay Pal is safe and secure.

As for this DDOS attack: it is aimed at the hosting company that hosts Wurm's servers. The hosting company is completely separate and not linked to Pay Pal, which is the only company involved in the purchase of premium that handles monetary transactions (assuming you use Pay Pal and not a different option). The DDOS attack only denies access to the servers, it doesn't compromise your payment information. It's more or less an extremist prank pulled by some immature hacker who is probably some 19 year old college kid in computer programming classes with nothing better to do in his spare time than piss people off by shutting down servers. He really doesn't gain anything from it - no money, no credit card numbers - nothing, other than knowing he has pissed off thousands of people. I hope they catch him, this is the second time it's happened.

Edited by MattSquare
  • Like 1

It's as safe as anywhere else on the Internet. The game company will not get hold of your payment info anyway.

If there's any danger involved it's your own computer and connection to the payment service. Make sure that any website you enter your CC info on has a valid certificate and a secure connection; Look for a green button/padlock icon on the left side of the address bar like so:

94Byc.jpg

Also make sure you have an up-to-date antivirus/antispyware software.

Totally safe. Been at this game for 5+ years now and I have never had issues with it. I have heard a couple of reports come in about failed payments, but those get handled accordingly.

buy prem when server is come back when you buy now prem and server come not back you lose your money

For someone with 2k+ posts, you really don't seem to enjoy Wurm at all. Why even bother?

Also, you wont lose any money. It's been stated (and has always been the case with Wurm) that unforseen downtime = reimbursed premium time anyway.

• Like 1