Sign in to follow this  
james2314

Is buying premium safe?

Please leave a reply my parents say its could be dangerous i know its not but please post some reply's if it is safe.

Considering this game has been running for many many years now, with tens of thousands of months of premium sold, I'd say it's pretty safe :)

Edited by Ruxin
  • Like 2

100% safe, Code Club aren't a big shady looking dude in a dark alley :P

I've never had an issue buying premium and I'm paranoid about online purchases. 

You can pay using PayPal so you have the added protection that PayPal offers it's customers as well. I've never once had a problem buying from code club and I have been premming 3 characters on and off for years.

What my parents mean is once they get hold of your bank details.

I know its safe but my parents dont believe me D:

Whenever you use your debit/credit card anywhere the retailer has your bank details :P In fact, I much prefer shopping online in some ways because it can be so easy to check the legitimacy of a company.

Have a look at their website, how professional it looks, and whether or not they have a large customer base (something that Wurm definitely has with over 3000 paying customers.) Also remember that if you were ever scammed on the internet then your bank in most countries would be able to help and potentially get your money back. If you're ever particularly unsure about a site then try paying with a credit card opposed to debit - since they're based on small loans from a bank the bank will be much more motivated to help get the money back because it's theirs.

I've never had problems. If you have problems they have a support side to help you in anyway.

Tell your parents that wurm have large number of players and while you need to pay for premium each month, there is NO automatic subscription so they don't have to worry of billing keep coming. Also suggest them to make you a paypal account and put some money there if they afraid of you overusing theirs credit card :P

My parents do have paypal.

Thanks for taking your time to reply ill show my parents this see what they think.

James - Paypal doesn't give any further details to whoever they are sending your payment to. If your parents already have a Paypal account that's already secure.

Paypal probably has millions of customers by now and I have never heard of a customer losing out. In fact it seems extremely biased in favor of the buyers who can claim cash backs if they think someone is scamming them, or not delivering what they paid for - Paypal almost always takes their side.

But you are also lucky you have parents looking out for you and questioning what's going on. The Internet is basically a free for all - like the old Wild West of the US. It's not always easy to know where the safe zones are, and there are plenty of not safe places. I'm sure that's what they worry about...not simply trying to make your life miserable. :)

Paypal is always safe, Ive never had a problem with Wurm.

But even in other pages where Ive had trouble, Paypal always ruled in my favor.  Id say its as safe as it can be.

You can buy premium with Paysafe cards too now, no bank accounts or pins are involved in this case. You just buy one from a local shop (they are available in several countries) and use it by entering the code that the paper has on it after choosing to buy premium with paysafe.

Edited by Anothernoob

I've made several purchases in the online store and have had zero issues.

i play longer as you and that is not the first attack that wurm is die for long time

Spider.....it's going to be back up, it's not like it's going to die from a stupid DDOS'er. Lol!

As for buying premium, As many have said. Yes - it's safe.  I've used the shop for many, many transactions (premium for my 4-5 chars, Buying silver, ect) And it's always worked, and they don't get your info if you use Paypal anyway.

It's good your parents keep a eye on it, More parents need to pay attention to these things. instead we seem to be headed in the opposite direction. hehe, +1 for having good parents mate :)

Good luck, and safe travels friend.

Edit: Also, Welcome to wurm!

Edited by Druidnature
  • Like 1

buy prem when server is come back when you buy now prem and server come not back you lose your money

buy prem when server is come back when you buy now prem and server come not back you lose your money

When game is stopped Im sure shop is stopped to

and if not Rolf will surely give us something for the prem time we loose

these guys are one of the few i dont mind giving my money to.i usually deal with high profile like sony/soe but this is just another game,nothing else.pay and play

yes its safe ive put a few hundred in already and not long played, use paypal if you want foolproof protection it doesn't automatically renew payments