Sign in to follow this  
Kazin

Quickest 1-70 Fighting Skill Grind Time?

Greetings,

I would like to know what the shortest time it has taken anyone to grind from 1-70. The reason I am wondering this is because I am planning on making a guide for hints and tips on making the grind to 70 for the purpose of assisting new players in wurm. And if there is no know shortest time, I would like to know the average time it would take someone to accomplish this.

It took me 3 days of playing daily maybe, on the elevation server with chain gear and two swords.

if you're on freedom, it will basically depend if you can find a lot of greenish, fierce, raging etc.. animals that give a lot of fightskill.

Step One: Grind BC to 21

Step Two: By Plate, Scale Or Drake, no AOSP.

Step Three: Get a 80-90ql Sword, LT CoC Nimb and AD

Step Four: Go to a steppe/desert and Murder everything,

Step Five: Park in the middle of said hunting ground and go afk
Step Six: 70FS

Edited by AnarchistRise
  • Like 5

Go to Exodus and Celebration and hunt for a week. Be merciless, Horses must go, the Bison too, everything including the noobs! (Wrong server though)

Edited by Shrimpiie
  • Like 1

Really depends from the gear. On new toon, 21BC, with high end gear, 2hander LT weap 90ql, i got 70fs in 2 days.

Soon planning to grind new toon a bit, gonna test if i can get 70fs within 24h cleaning specific good spawns i know :)

Edited by DonAngelo
  • Like 1

It took me a week, and before hand I was grinding for 21 BC, and some decent shield skill, when I went out, I basically murdered anything that wasn't a wild boar... There is a cheat depending on how independent you are, Go archery, it practically showers you with FS, (Got 1 to 50 in under 4 hours.)

I was told the best was a day and a half by someone who must have dumped great gear onto a brand new toon.

• Like 1

To take an extreme of the shortest time to hit 70 fighting skill and make it the basis of a guide for raising fighting skill is erroneous and misleading of the actual time it will take to get to this level under even a more focused approach. Also, you will get those contributing who enjoy bragging about how great they are at the process and how easy it was for them to reach this level in a very short amount of time.

There really is no average time involved in raising fighting skill, as it all depends upon how much time you devote to it, the gear you have equipped, location you choose and types of aggros fought. A guide made by anyone would require them to be well versed in all of these factors and experienced in applying them effectively in a less extreme manner that would be more acceptable to a broader playerbase. They should also be a reasonable person presenting it in an objective manner without the need of self aggrandizement. Rare traits in relation to this topic, of which few might qualify.

As I don't put much time or effort into the fighting aspects and would rather avoid them to be doing more enjoyable pursuits, I really can't comment other than on this general basis. I reached 70+ fighting skill on a few characters over some years but really put no focus upon it, so it is certainly something that can happen eventually with minimal goals attached.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Helps as in any other task to not think of it as a grind.

Go out and have fun.

Although, its important to keep in mind the Fighting skill by itself is not the end nor the beginning to Wurm pvp. Solely focusing on it can blind one to working on other skills used in pvp. Skills that in many ways are more important.

Focus more on those skills. The fighting will come in its own time.

Edited by Klaa

on epic took me about 13 hours on a cow.....done both on jkh and elevation...prob if i was on blh 10ish hours.

EDIT:of course the gear was focused for hunting

plate for trolls

chain for rest

20ql shield with coc

wep with LT COC NIMB AD and MS if you wanted too.

Edited by shankiest

on epic took me about 13 hours on a cow.....done both on jkh and elevation...prob if i was on blh 10ish hours.

I'd need to see those logs to believe that.....

I'd need to see those logs to believe that.....

Literally prem ajro up then next day had 70 fs guess ask annonmalice he has pms of me trolling him it only take a day get 70 fs.

EDIT:

[10:52:15] Fighting increased by 0.263 to 41.964

[02:10:34] Fighting increased by 0.000481 to 71.55516

atm only log i can find i did start at fs 2 so ill keep looking

EDIT: i forgot i was hunting on laptop and main pc ill look for logs after school on main comp.

Edited by shankiest
  • Like 1

I did this on a new character recently,  When I started 1-70 it took 8 hours roughly, maybe a little quicker.  Like others have said:

Get to 21 BC

Get good gear, plate atleast, LT 2 hander or even an LT 1h/shield.

Ride a horse and murder basically everything even at 1 FS, except trolls and some greenish creatures.

Once you get 30-40 fs and have LT don't avoid most champs either, except trolls and lava spiders and perhaps scorps/crocs.

Also if you write a guide please stress how much LT and MS is worth it.

Edited by orthanas

What if you don't have 21 BC (ie - my Vyn preist)?  I was thinking of taking him out hunting to get 21 BC.

use a cow and put a saddle

EDIT:or walk....not like its a struggle without a horse imo

Edited by shankiest
  • Like 1

What if you don't have 21 BC (ie - my Vyn preist)?  I was thinking of taking him out hunting to get 21 BC.

Make cotton strings and do some shield training or butchering. Making arrow shafts works too but the shafts are useless for a priest. Making cotton strings was giving me between 0.02-0.03 BC per hour near 31 BC. I believe that the gains are much better around 20BC. The only safe way to help that priest get BC from hunting is by having him as a passenger on a fast cart and use your main as a tank or as a healer and arm the priest with a 2h sword with MS on it.

Edited by Justamayor

I got 1-70fs in 3 days of casual hunting. All you need is a Life Transfer weapon and you will require very minimal cotton.

Did it all by walking too, no need for horses but that's if you know how to take the gamble and retreat safely.

3 days of light hunting on Exodus got me to 70 FS. It helps to have decent gear and a life transfer weapon.

Edited by Stonesolid

park a ship filled with cotton on the coast of the desert, come back when you need to heal up/drop off.  works nicely with a knarr.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, March 18, 2014 - Removed - Off topic
Hidden by Shrimpiie, March 18, 2014 - Removed - Off topic

I did this on a new character recently,  When I started 1-70 it took 8 hours roughly, maybe a little quicker.  Like others have said:

Get to 21 BC

Get good gear, plate atleast, LT 2 hander or even an LT 1h/shield.

Ride a horse and murder basically everything even at 1 FS, except trolls and some greenish creatures.

Once you get 30-40 fs and have LT don't avoid most champs either, except trolls and lava spiders and perhaps scorps/crocs.

Also if you write a guide please stress how much LT and MS is worth it.

Obtaining these skills and items then getting them enchanted, would take how long?

How is a new/fresh player to do this?

Your logic is for re rolled vets not new guys starting out.

so to calculate this: bc lvl (time taken) + fs gains to 70 (time taken) + time to get items and have them enchanted (if not acquired that way)  = 8hrs?

Total  rubbish my friend and you know it.   

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, March 18, 2014 - Removed - Response to now hidden post
Hidden by Shrimpiie, March 18, 2014 - Removed - Response to now hidden post

Obtaining these skills and items then getting them enchanted, would take how long?

How is a new/fresh player to do this?

Your logic is for re rolled vets not new guys starting out.

so to calculate this: bc lvl (time taken) + fs gains to 70 (time taken) + time to get items and have them enchanted (if not acquired that way)  = 8hrs?

Total  rubbish my friend and you know it.   

Chill guy.

They did ask for the quickest grind time, and that's what they where given.

Everything else is preparation.

View hidden Post

well cant help myself any longer

Alden, you have no idea what the op said obviously.

They wanted an idea for new players starting wurm.  

Quote:  I am planning on making a guide for hints and tips on making the grind to 70 for the purpose of assisting new players in wurm

Ill chill when posters stop embellishing grinds to suit there fantasy world and actually read the OP, not just the post title.

View hidden Post

well cant help myself any longer

Alden, you have no idea what the op said obviously.

They wanted an idea for new players starting wurm.

Quote: I am planning on making a guide for hints and tips on making the grind to 70 for the purpose of assisting new players in wurm

Ill chill when posters stop embellishing grinds to suit there fantasy world and actually read the OP, not just the post title.

###### chill dude, what new players can't go to a merchant and buy a lt weapon, and anyway you look at it what's been suggested is the fastest way to grind fs

• Like 1

[14:32:55] Fighting increased by 0.234 to 1.234

[01:44:05] Fighting increased by 0.149 to 43.798 <- Log off

[17:41:50] Fighting increased by 0.391 to 44.189

[04:07:47] Fighting increased by 0.471 to 66.201 <- Log Off

[15:38:43] Fighting increased by 0.179 to 66.380

[20:36:50] Fighting increased by 0.234 to 70.202

Done over 3 days. if you want to get technical... 25 Hours total to get 1 - 70FS with 80ql Plate, 80ql Two Handed Sword with Nimbleness and Life Transfer, and of course, can't go wrong with a nice Long bow. Greenish spiders and Unicorns gave me the bulk of that fightskill gain.

My advice. You don't have to do this with the absolute best gear as I nearly did, but believe me, Life Transfer is worth the investment. Plate is an absolute necessity, You should be able to make do with a 50, maybe even 60 Quality set because a lot of the fighting you do on the harder creatures will be Archery up until 50 Fightskill(Depending no what you're killing). I believe I went through about 300 50quality Hunting Arrows and by the time I was done, due to losing quality i was down to about 180 and had gained a nice chunk of Repairing skill also. Maybe also 10 Kilograms of Cotton but I found hitting something easy after each kill if I still need to heal mitigated a lot of healing I would have had to do otherwise.

-Get 21 Body Control as quick as possible(Archery and Fletching is the best for this) so you can ride a horse.

-Kill easy stuff(Horses, dogs, pigs) until 10 Fight skill(Or you can attack a practice doll)

-Find a Greenish/Raging Troll/Spider/Unicorn spawn and go to town with Archery.

Weapon skills are best gained hitting weak creatures. Pigs, Horses, Cows, Bulls etc will yield the best experience and i recommend sleep bonus when doing so.  As you'll see below, The gains are extremely high and you don't necessarily have to do this before you get 70 Fight skill because the creatures you will be fighting primarily for the skill gain will not do much to you anyway. This was done on Epic so the Skill gain won't be as fast on the Freedom Servers, I believe about half the speed.

[21:00:24] Longsword increased by 1.00 to 2.000

[21:46:17] Longsword increased by 0.115 to 30.199

[22:26:49] Longsword increased by 0.104 to 41.029

[22:27:07] Large axe increased by 1.00 to 2.000

[22:45:26] Large axe increased by 0.132 to 20.281

[23:17:11] Large axe increased by 0.107 to 37.467

Edited by Influenza
  • Like 1