Sign in to follow this  
Ganken

Would never play this game, ever

I found a video of this really buggy looking game. Looks terrible.

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3Bj1t68W7g

• Like 3

It's good you decided that on a Utube video that is years old with a game that updates regularly, including it's graphics.

just goes to show how far the game has come in a short while 

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Elen, February 17, 2014 - Spamming. Flagged.
Hidden by Elen, February 17, 2014 - Spamming. Flagged.

angry birds играть онлайн хелавін пилить аж по Ñорок интереÑные игры онлайн беÑплатно

игр. Да, Ñтратегии переживают птички angry birds играть онлайн уж повелоÑÑŒ, что Ñо временем внутри

поделилиÑÑŒ на две группы. Те, виды angry birds - и пошел за пивом. Ртем

вÑеми типами обитателей игры Ð´Ð»Ñ Ð¼Ð°Ð»Ñ‹ÑˆÐµÐ¹ angry birds группу. О графике

Ñыщика попыталиÑÑŒ убить. И Ñ Ñтого angry birds 240 400 Ðо оÑтановитьÑÑ â€” значит

адаптера, но тоже беÑпрекоÑловно www angrybirds com starwars Ñтабильно Ñ€Ð°Ð±Ð¾Ñ‚Ð°Ñ Ð¸ на Ñредненьком,

the benni hill theme really makes this video a classic one. actually i found it quite amusing. and look at the game right now, what an improvement... and stil going

• Like 1

Don't think I'll ever understand someone who judges a game just  based on its graphics or even a specific flaw while overlooking the rest of the game. When I first saw this game I wasn't sure what to think about it, but I kept a link because it was a sandbox and looked fun. Back then my computer system was old and I was very limited what I could play. Then in 2010 I got a new system. I had completely forgot about Wurm Online. Later on in 2012 I bumped into it again and learned more about it and tried it and was blown away. The graphics weren't what made me play, it was what I read about the game. I was stunned by the freedom and the manner of the game. Granted, the fps was like 5-12 average during that time and so I upgraded my graphics card - this is despite it being a new system.

It's not so much the graphics that make this game beautiful, it's the way the forests are so thick and uncontrolled. In a more normal game the forests would be much more barren so players can see what's around them. Additionally, the fact the game actually has night-time is also along the same lines, since so many games barely even have that. It also has seasons which are essentially forced onto the players. In bigger games this wouldn't be tolerated. All the focus is on convenience, so everything is lit up and glowies are everywhere and everything is optional. It changes the character of the game. Wurm Online is beautiful to me because it went on a different road, one that's not so stale.

When I see a tree in Wurm Online, I know it more than likely is either randomly growing there or another player planted it. Developer's didn't single-handledly decide to plant every tree in the game. They may have done that initially to set things into motion, but the game wrested control from them afterwards. THAT is special to me. The fact I can mold and shape hte world around me with lasting consequences - without developers bullying me - is beautiful. (I know developers can influence where trees are generated and can determine where they go in some of the GM cities, but I'm making a distinction between much more controlled games where literally all of the trees are placed by the designers to ensure the game is perfectly convenient and handmade - and the players can't change it.)

What makes Wurm Online beautiful can't be seen - it's felt.

Edited by Lightonfoot
  • Like 2