Sign in to follow this  
Emoo

Add a timer for suicide when Enemies in local.

Because that is another topic, and I'm not sure about my position on alts killing your own alts for skill, there are a lot of other ways possible solutions would change things.  It certainly makes for good popcorn munching reading the pages and pages of drama on in almost every pvp topic on the suggestion forums and even the leakage into the skirmish thread.    

BTW there is nothing "random" about suicide right before you would normally die anyways.  

So alt killing is good because it gives you something to do while guarding the dirt pile...

Funny you are not sure how you feel abut something that is absolutely detrimental to pvp but you are so sure about the random noob that suicides every 3-4 months being so baaad for pvp...

Maybe you arent sure how you feel because you are to scared to speak up because your "leaders" all kill alts for fs and you dont want to piss them off?

Omg Tony stfu about alts, this thread is literally NOTHING to do with alts, ###### about those in a thread meant for it >.<

Nah but you tryna claim a random suicide is sooooo bad for pvp. 

There is almost 10 pages about suicide ruining pvp when really like I said every few months you get a guy that suicides.

Do you see how yourself and others killing alts for 100fs hurts the server Nadroj?

Hurts pvp way more than that guy you didnt get to kill....

Why not spend the energy on advocating change that will help?

Edited by Suntzu

Spend the energy in a thread thats ACTUALLY ABOUT ALTS. How is that hard to get... As i've said several times now i have no idea why such a simple and obvious change needs this many pages of argument, but you're adding to it without even arguing about the right bloody topic.

Also agree that if a player is willing to lose their inventory and skills to die it should be allowed.

You still get loot. UNLESS mag/res works which wouldn't be different than if you killed them.

Agreeing with Suntzu for once; Fix alts for FS first before we worry about /suicide.

• Like 1

You make it sound like this tiny simple change, to add a timer to an existing action, is mutually exclusive to fixing alt slaying. Is Rolf really going to take the time to change this and go "whelp, now i've added a timer to suicide i guess i can't do anything about alts!"

Edited by Nadroj

Why are dirt walls healthy for a pvp server? Why is alt killing for FS healthy for a pvp server? Why is 4 hour travel time healthy for a pvp server?

Yeah this suicide is the real issue....

*facedesk*

Did I ever say a single one of those our healthy?

/logic

This thread is about alts.

An alt suicided before emoo could kill it, robbing him of a champ point/fs

He made this thread.

If you add a timer, people will just use other alts with just over 20fs/under 50, and do the same thing.

The problem is alts, not suicide.

The problem seems to be lack of pvp that someone rages over a random suicide from a noob.

10 pages later it has grown to /suicide is killing pvp on chaos...

/logic

-1 Freedom to suicide when not taking damage from enemies

+1 Can't suicide if you are already taking damage from an enemies

Only if it's a timer triggered by combat, meaning you have to actually engage or archer to keep them from suiciding. Otherwise you have no claim to the kill; you just happen to be in the same vicinity as them. It would work like bed timer after combat as previously suggested.

Edited by Deathangel
  • Like 1

Lets be honest here, not many people even want "real" pvp anymore. All I see is ways to avoid it...

• go out in a huge group so you know your safe and you can battle on the forums about how nobody will fight you
  • priest/champ so on the off chance you don't have 3x the number you will still have the advantage (and can still complain on the forums how people wont fight you)
  • kill alts to artificially raise your fs so you have a CR advantage over anyone who wishes to play the game the way it was intended (don't forget to complain when people wont fight you)

No need to get all uptight and think this is directed at anyone or any group in particular, just the state of pvp in my personal view :wacko:

• Like 4

Nosyt.

+1

I could always find you out roamin around solo or in a pair. Not many pvpers of your caliber. Remember you comin with just xallo to drain ma deeds. <3

So alt killing is good because it gives you something to do while guarding the dirt pile...

Funny you are not sure how you feel abut something that is absolutely detrimental to pvp but you are so sure about the random noob that suicides every 3-4 months being so baaad for pvp...

I said I don't know about the issue yet tbh I"m not at the point where I need to suicide to get combat skill so I don't have any exposure to the thing.  I'm watching the issue, but so far yet I'll adapt a wait and see view on it. Go swing your troll club somewhere else.  

As for the suide issue, I've directly encounted platers on multiple occasions that have abused it, so I do understand what is going on, hell I have a heck of a lot more exposure to it than most of the peanut gallery "Freedom Experts" that keep commentating with complete garbage and sideshows that have nothing to to with any of the effects that /suicide have on this server. The only thing half of them manage to do is to start derailing the post, er much like you keep trying to do into topics that are already on the forums.  

He made this thread.

If you add a timer, people will just use other alts with just over 20fs/under 50, and do the same thing.

Its a bit of both, which is why people keep trying to derail it and claim that because we aren't some sort of godlike programming elite devs and can't send rolf our urber suggestions via mental telepathy that somehow the concept of a timer on an abused mechanic is just not good enough for them.   If you would believe half the people trying to contest the issue first we need to solve everything else wrong with the server before we can even claim that this is important.   

That is complete nonsense.   You take one fix at a time.  If you can find a solution that will likely work, such as a timer and the solution actually proves correct in practice you move on.    

Edited by Battlepaw

He made this thread.

FYI wasn't an alt. Unless I'm greatly mistaken. this thread is not about alts at all. The whole alt debate is completely seperate.

Either way, I honestly dont care all that much, I just thought it was silly that you can use suicide in sucha  manner as its not intended to be that way. I then went about suggesting a simple change. Now people can interpret that how they like but I think there are more than afew people here who need to get a grip on themselves. 

Tis just a game folks. 

Edited by Emoo

I say keep it. I might jump through a portal soon and do it for lols.

He made this thread.

Assumption fail much?

This thread started after a known main player Johnston, went to the hota naked, with a no geared horse to try and win it at zero risk and suicided out when Emoo popped up. He's anything but an alt...this has NOTHING to do with alts. Just a bunch of stupid morons derailing what should be a very simple change based on ridiculous predjudices against each other. Any idiot can see that a simple timer is all that's required here and that there's no bad side to having that in place.

• Like 1

Wait? If I support this, Rolf cant do anything about alts?!