Sign in to follow this  
Emoo

Add a timer for suicide when Enemies in local.

-1 Let em swallow their tongue if they like.

This is not a good Idea.

... This is controlling.

Lemme see Can't log off.  Can't suicide,  whats next??

Agreeing more than expected.

The ultimate power is that of refusal.

You couldn't take it away even if you tried.

I swear Protunia -1s every single PvP thread.... I don't even. 

This is a disgrace and shouldn't be allowed by kings of their kinglets. Please remove this. It's lame.

-1  This is not a good Idea.

First off you keep talking about a Sandbox.....This is controlling.

Second If someone doesn't want you to kill them and suicides tough luck that's their right and choice to do.

Last what makes you think you deserve the right to control someone just because you see their name in chat?

You Can't Move because the Great Chat Magic Local has frozen you in place and now you GLOW so its easier to find you??

What is unsporting is making suggestions that kill PvP and make even more players decide not to go at all.

Sometimes I think you really do not want any kind of player base at all and enjoy your secluded private realms.

How would not being able to suicide (not participating in PvP) discourage PvP?

-1  This is not a good Idea.

First off you keep talking about a Sandbox.....This is controlling.

Second If someone doesn't want you to kill them and suicides tough luck that's their right and choice to do.

Last what makes you think you deserve the right to control someone just because you see their name in chat?

You Can't Move because the Great Chat Magic Local has frozen you in place and now you GLOW so its easier to find you??

What is unsporting is making suggestions that kill PvP and make even more players decide not to go at all.

Sometimes I think you really do not want any kind of player base at all and enjoy your secluded private realms.

How on earth in your mind does a player using the /suicide command to escape PvP encourage PvP? I mean come on that doesn't even make the remotest amount of sense.

Can't log off, Can't suicide whats next? PvP thats what, of course. FYI PvP stands for Player versus Player not Player versus Self. 

There is a reason why you can't just log off instantly with an enemy in local, you have a timer. Suiciding should have the same thing for the same reason that logging off has a timer. 

Absolutely +1 it's such a stupid thing to allow to happen just to screw over the person who wants to fight you. Especially in the case of a champion who deserves to have gained a champ point from a completely fair kill.

@Protunia - I just.. I don't even. What? Like, legit, WHAT? Bro do you even PVP?

If you are on a PVP server, and you want to either log off, or suicide the moment you get an enemy in local, you don't belong on a PVP server. Go be a carebear on freedom, because you clearly are one. Why in hell do people like this even exist on PVP servers?

This is not about controlling anyone, its about stopping people from taking the easy way out of a fight, just like jumping the freedom border the moment they're engaged in a fight. It's pitiful, it's sad, and it's pathetic. If you don't want to PVP, Leave.

• Like 2

Just going to post again, without the ability to suicide people could get walled in caves/just walled off and not have the ability to leave until a server restart, where if they were fast enough they could log in before whatever alt was keeping them prisoner.

Just going to post again, without the ability to suicide people could get walled in caves/just walled off and not have the ability to leave until a server restart, where if they were fast enough they could log in before whatever alt was keeping them prisoner.

I agree that that is a far complaint from the original suggestion, which is why Im supporting Rosedragons idea of making it a timer similar to logging out :)

If you've been in combat you cannot suicide (Not sure if this is already implemented) Otherwise -1 a player can suicide and lose more from doing a suicide than actually fighting (random skills, fs, body stats, gear) MAYBE make suicide lose rank?

I'd consider the timer to be the best option, similar to the log out timer, but only resets upon getting struck by an enemy. Instead of the Log out timers horrifying constant 5 minute /lotime when enemies are in local, when a enemy pops local, you have a 5 minute suicide timer, not like the suicide itself but you get it.

They have to wait the 5 minutes instead of /lotimes "Wait 5 minutes to full log out." its "wait 5 minutes till you can suicide.", and then if you weren't hit in that time, you can suicide out of the situation, (If you cant find someone in 5 minutes, you suck at your job.)

:D

Maybe even add onto it, and add this /suicidetime to everything, so players can tell when they can /suicide again, persay if they are doing something really awkward.

Protunia, you are in now way affected by any possible change that may come about as regards to this suggestion,because you do not play on a server that enables player versus player combat.. So kindly shut up.

• Like 5

They pay the price for using suicide. IF they wish to deny you thrill/rank/champ points by using suicide then it is up to them.

Why remove a strategic decision from someone in a PVP environment? Denying the enemy resources/morale boosters has always been a tactic in most human conflict. Why remove it from Wurm?

IF I wish to deny you the ability to control the manner of my death. Then that is a viable tactic.

I see no logical OR strategic reason to remove the ability to suicide. The only reason I see presented here is the emotional appeal of "it is not sporting".

• Like 1

How is the emotional appeal of "haha i screwed that guy over by suiciding out" any better exactly?

Do cases of "Stuck" receive higher priority among other support requests?

Once I was waiting 3 days for GM support. 

Getting stuck in terrain is considered bugged behavior so any GM should be able to pop in with no problem, even on pvp servers where there is far more scrutiny (and whining). On the other hand, as volunteers they can get swamped and/or no one is immediately available. In addition with pvp servers, theres a more shall I say "hands off" policy.

However, again... being stuck due to bugged behavior shouldnt be an issue; although, getting stuck in a fenced mine isnt considered "stuck". If you cant move from being stuck inside of a wall, tree, or whatever model... thats bugged.

And then theres the - now rare but fun - falling through cave floors into the "void" areas.

EDIT: As a CA I have no idea what priority is applied to support calls in general. Dont even handle the initial screening and forwarding of /support requests.

Edited by Klaa

No, because if you strongwall an account in, it can be trapped there forever.

• Like 3

How is the emotional appeal of "haha i screwed that guy over by suiciding out" any better exactly?

It is a tactical decision to disallow the other person rank/champ points/satisfaction/fun of killing you. There is not emotional appeal needed to see the logical reasons why someone may suicide as opposed to fight.

If I am naked in the woods and a champion runs up to get free points off me. It might be entirely logical to suicide and deny him points. The cost of my suicide may be very minimal if I am naked OR in just trash level gear. Where him gaining champ points is quite a benefit to him. I do the cost/benefit analysis and decide suicide is the best option.

It is a tactical decision to disallow the other person rank/champ points/satisfaction/fun of killing you. There is not emotional appeal needed to see the logical reasons why someone may suicide as opposed to fight.

If I am naked in the woods and a champion runs up to get free points off me. It might be entirely logical to suicide and deny him points. The cost of my suicide may be very minimal if I am naked OR in just trash level gear. Where him gaining champ points is quite a benefit to him. I do the cost/benefit analysis and decide suicide is the best option.

Aaaand theres one of the issues with it in a nutshell.

+1. Its Ridiculous.

• Like 1

So your saying its ok to suicide to deny champ points, using a game mechanic that circumvents pvp, is some sort of "Tactical" decision?

Its like wrapping a pile of dog turds in a candy wrapper and trying to sell it off as somehow editable.    Its bad sportsmanship, metagameing and abuse of mechanics beyond the intent and spirit of PvP.   That is the whole idea of a risk reward system.   It's one reason I'm completely against anything that removes full loot pvp.   Suicide to prevent someone taking your precious affinity or the champ point gain they may get bypasses the intent of having a server that has player vs player mechanics.    That isn't player vs player, that's  "Hmmm when do I push the suicide button?"    I'd be ashamed to have someone like that in my Kingdom not trying to put some sort of silver wrapping around the behavior.    

Edited by Battlepaw
  • Like 1

Unless you have the person targeted and are engaged in combat or have been engaged in combat with this person whether or not the person suicides is none of your business.

Just because the chat shows people 80 Tiles away  does not entitle you to anything at all.

So I could see MAYBE if you are actually in combat with this person you should get your rank or what ever Epeen you are QQIng here about not getting.

Other than that you deserve nothing at all for chat camping........

IN fact I would say to this... Remove Local completely then if it bothers you so much at least then you wont be asking to make a chat function a tool for your own desires.  You would also have to come hunt the enemy and find them without an 80 tile indicator to help you.   Or do you need a chat compass homing pigeon Radar to PvP??

Edited by Protunia
  • Like 1

Protunia. You don't PvP... Please stop offering advice for things you know nothing about. Trying to be as nice as possible about this, but you really don't know anything, sorry if that offends you. 

• Like 1

Protunia. You don't PvP... Please stop offering advice for things you know nothing about. Trying to be as nice as possible about this, but you really don't know anything, sorry if that offends you. 

Could care less what you think....AS soon as you start make suggestions to control people you cannot see its a done deal I am going to be in on what ever junk you come up with.

Could care less what you think....AS soon as you start make suggestions to control people you cannot see its a done deal I am going to be in on what ever junk you come up with.

*facedesks*  Protunia... I know you may think you entitled to an opinion from your safe little deed on freedom simply because you draw breath, but that statement is about as ignorant as it gets.   This isn't about "Controlling people"  in fact it has NOTHING to do with you or anyone in freedom.  This isn't "Junk" its a legit complaint against a game mechanic bypassing the very basis of this server's mechanics.  

• Like 1