Sign in to follow this  
Kazin

Fighting Skill Experience Question

Hello, I joined the game 6 days, 19 hours, and 12 minutes ago. I have only played 2 days, 6 hours and 36 minutes in that time. I have done some reading on the forums and have received information from some of the players that you are limited to how much experience you begin gaining around 70 fight skill. However I am at 55 currently and it has slowed down immensely. For example, at level 54 and below when I fought spiders it would give me about .25 experience per kill. Tougher creatures would give me about .30 - .40. However as soon as I hit 55, killing spiders alone dropped down to giving me .02 experience, tougher creatures would barely push .03-.04. I am brand new so I do not fully understand how the experience system works. I have heard some things about something called a curve however I do not understand that either. I know that epic gives you double experience as opposed to freedom, sleep bonus does not affect fighting skill, and that it is suppose to limit how much experience you get starting at level 70 fighting. Is there a reason my experience gain has dropped so low?

Ur doing real well for the amount of time u played and how long u are in wurm, just saying

The gains drop real bad at 70 FS, till 70 its ok, just try to find other stuff then spiders. Trolls, crocs and such, greenish,raging and champion creatures help alot.

Hello, I joined the game 6 days, 19 hours, and 12 minutes ago. I have only played 2 days, 6 hours and 36 minutes in that time. I have done some reading on the forums and have received information from some of the players that you are limited to how much experience you begin gaining around 70 fight skill. However I am at 55 currently and it has slowed down immensely. For example, at level 54 and below when I fought spiders it would give me about .25 experience per kill. Tougher creatures would give me about .30 - .40. However as soon as I hit 55, killing spiders alone dropped down to giving me .02 experience, tougher creatures would barely push .03-.04. I am brand new so I do not fully understand how the experience system works. I have heard some things about something called a curve however I do not understand that either. I know that epic gives you double experience as opposed to freedom, sleep bonus does not affect fighting skill, and that it is suppose to limit how much experience you get starting at level 70 fighting. Is there a reason my experience gain has dropped so low?

You shouldn't have been getting .25-.40 at that point. It's possible that you are referring to killing champion/greenish animals, which give much, much more experience than normal creatures. A spider at 55 should give you about .02, while a greenish one might give you .20, or more, depending on age.

Before 70, killing an aged champion troll might give you .6 fight skill. At exactly 70, it will give you about .04.

Ur doing real well for the amount of time u played and how long u are in wurm, just saying

The gains drop real bad at 70 FS, till 70 its ok, just try to find other stuff then spiders. Trolls, crocs and such, greenish,raging and champion creatures help alot.

Awesome, thank you for the info. And I appreciate the compliment, doing my best.

If you think at 55 its slow then you will be surprised at 70. If a creature gives you 0.2 skill at 69(which is usually from a champ animal), you will be lucky to get 0.01 from the same creature. 

I don't remember my gains before 70 fight skill, as I haven't trained an account below that level in a long time. However, skill gain against mobs is slowed drastically at 70. A regular aged spider only gives about .001 skill after 70 fight skill, whereas before you would have gained .02-.04.