Sign in to follow this  
Heboric

Rethink HOTS?

As it stands now there is a rule in place governing JKH and MRH that doesn't extend to BLH. That isn't favoritism - it's simply how things are at the moment.

It simply occurred to me that trying to force a change by piling crap on top of crap might not be the only way to go about it.

Isn't it funny how the first day jkh gets to experience a fraction of what blh has to deal with for months on end and GMs get involved whereas BLs have been told that there was nothing that can be done about all the griefing and what not.

Playing within the mechanics of a BL kingdom? "We can't and won't do anything to help you" - GMs

Playing within the mechanics of a WL kingdom? "Oh we better look into this" - GMs

Yeah nah this doesn't look like favoritism to me either.

• Like 3

<Enki> We are investigating the problems affecting the Epic servers concerning non main kingdom avatars being used to cause harm. This falls under the Disruptive Player act and will be dealt with.

Pretty sure this was only announced on Serenity and no other servers.

It's be nice if the suggestion actually had a suggestion in it, other than 'I suggest we make suggestions for x' =/

• Like 2

Isn't it funny how the first day jkh gets to experience a fraction of what blh has to deal with for months on end and GMs get involved whereas BLs have been told that there was nothing that can be done about all the griefing and what not.

Playing within the mechanics of a BL kingdom? "We can't and won't do anything to help you" - GMs

Playing within the mechanics of a WL kingdom? "Oh we better look into this" - GMs

Yeah nah this doesn't look like favoritism to me either.

Because when you do it on WL servers you are abusing the reputation system in an attempt to make people convert to your kingdom. Support removing reputation system from WL servers and this would not be an issue.

As it stands now there is a rule in place governing JKH and MRH that doesn't extend to BLH.

The only rule I know of that fits this description is the one that disallows you from using alts in one kingdom to assist an enemy kingdom. This is disallowed on MRH and JKH but not on BLH.

Nothing directly involving multiple kingdoms was done on these alts that I'm aware of.

Because when you do it on WL servers you are abusing the reputation system

Most of the killing was pointless.  All that had to be done was attack the ones building walls to stop them and replace their plans with curbs so they couldn't build anymore.  If anyone was at risk of being converted, it was because they were bloodthirsty.  Maybe HOTS is where they belong. Edited by 90068

welp, affliction got wrecked in every single way possible, at the moment the map itself is just a handfull of deeds with the rest being ruins, while it's also scarred by valrei and griefing.

Compared to the other two home servers that had their fair share of bombardements (with deeds getting unfortunately hit), some griefing was done, but they're both still populated and lively.

Actually, next to the corpse-ridden black desert that is BLH, MRH and especially JKH look pretty.

and that's where comes the issue, the population

For a newbie, there's only 2 different reactions that they can possibly have when they try out affliction, one is get wrecked by mobs and instead of having someone help you out and let you join a village, hots members just kill you on sight because they're paranoid of spies. Or, they manage to get in contact with someone, join a village, and then quit because they're still having trouble with mobs/grinding and village/alliance still doesn't want to help you out.

Now I'm part of a BLH village and out of all the new people that joined, there's only one that haven't quit and they're pretty new still.

Sure, part of the issue is our mentality, but think of it this way: you've helped the first newbies, they've been around for some time, and then you never see them again.

That causes trust problems, where you just let the new people duke it out on their own(or with little help), and if they don't like it they can just quit.

and where I'm getting at, is because of the population problem there's not many fighters up for pvp, sure we're still able but HOTA is just MR and JK having fun together while there's one BL watching (and maybe one KOS)

so basically, HOTS is just frustration general, and it feels stupid for me to even mention the word "population" in wurm, since it's so overdone, but that's what it is

though nonono, BL has many great fighters, but it seems that most of the fun is being missed out on, while JK just does the daily taunting of "where was bl when this happened"

so there's my dollah (or yuro), I think if the kingdom involved less frustration and less doing things because we're frustrated, then it'd be ok

Make the map better, mycelium looks like crap and was the first reason I couldn't get my friends to play on BL (or wurm at all, I only have 1 friend who plays, not even irl and he's JK)

and can we have our own genesis spell(only for removing bad traits)? Uneven legs on a 4-5 speed horse is literally my breeding experience in a nutshell.

• Like 1

A lot of your post is just sorta random.. bits about BL, and how you're the victims, and not really much regarding the actual subject.  BL has plenty of people to PvP in total, most just have little interest in Elevation and PvP.  More seem to be more interested in raiding and attacking Home players.  

Edited by Postes

BL has plenty of people to PvP in total, most just have little interest in Elevation and PvP. More seem to be more interested in raiding and attacking Home players.

Aah the man who knows all about BL, pls

• Like 2

It's be nice if the suggestion actually had a suggestion in it, other than 'I suggest we make suggestions for x' =/

My suggestion was simply if there is a perceived problem maybe those concerned can come with ideas they might think could fix it, and the rest of us give them the space to do that, and be fair and balanced about it. Maybe a bridge too far for some - but wtf...nothing ventured, nothing gained.

To me - and maybe not shared, I don't know - this is a game that needs sides playing against each other. The object I presume is that everyone has fun. I get that smack is a part of it, but if the opposition isn't there you have no pvp, no game (for those that play for that)

Like any game people play, leave, join, basically ebb and flow with their own personal reality - and it all keeps changing for the most part. To keep a core game going there needs to be enough players on each side fueling it.

Stuff that stops people playing will never be eradicated - but why have more of that than is natural?

Stopping playing because your wife just gave birth to your daughter, or your Mum got taken ill I can understand.....but because you started playing yesterday, built stuff, and now can't get to it because there's an effing wall in the way and you need to prem just to get the stats to knock it down????

I'm guessing that feels similar whichever side you play on. The standard answer to date seems to be - "then don't pick BL". In a way that has been true to date. Maybe it should stay that way. But think about it. BL is simply one team in the game. If they are crippled/disadvantaged by the rules in the end it adds up to one less player at the table......less pvp......and loads of people getting upset.

• Like 1

Make someone in BL a GM. Get the kingdom some representation. In a rare moment of seriousness from me, it speaks volumes that we don't have one. Its kind of frustrating going on the forums and seeing people who are known GMs commenting on things that will help their kingdoms, when we don't even get that.

Its especially funny seeing people who've never been on BL comment on what its like to be on affliction. Its like you don't even care to know what kind of people live in the kingdom but somehow you know best what kind of changes would keep things fun for us.

This has been my Wurm experience from day 1.

Blackdog is BL GM.  

I should have said a gm who actually plays with and knows people in the community. As much as I love the Dead Island bros, I rarely see them out, or chatting with us. Most of my interaction with Blackdogn was getting yelled at for talking about Korean Currency.

• Like 2

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Jberg, February 19, 2014 - Unwelcome slandering of a kingdom
Hidden by Jberg, February 19, 2014 - Unwelcome slandering of a kingdom

Heb, I'd like to hypothesize an alternative explanation behind the events that have led you to believe that there is a problem that HOTS players don't like.

BL is full of scum, they grief JKH to get a rise out of the carebears on JKH.

It is successful.

They claim they have been griefed by JKE to foment a rift between our two portions of the same kingdom.

JKH is gullible and believes them, perpetuating a rift in our kingdom.

Win/Win for BL

Even if BLH was griefed, I'd say odds are good it was from their own bored kingdom members pretending to be from enemy kingdoms simply to manipulate the more honest members of the kingdom to perpetuate the above example.

• Like 2

View hidden Post

BL is full of scum.

My, what a friendly point. I suppose disenfranchising an entire kingdom of players is the highest you can come up with. This attitude is exactly the kind of Ill informed nonsense I was ranting about. I don't take kindly to you insulting the good people that I call friends. It might shock you to find out that BL players actually play the game too! And we care about what happens to it!

BL Players are not scumbags. We're just ordinary players from a different kingdom. It'd be nice if certain attitudes reflected that, instead of treating us like some invisible boogeymen who will go around stealing your bells or something.

• Like 1

View hidden Post

My, what a friendly point. I suppose disenfranchising an entire kingdom of players is the highest you can come up with. This attitude is exactly the kind of Ill informed nonsense I was ranting about. I don't take kindly to you insulting the good people that I call friends. It might shock you to find out that BL players actually play the game too! And we care about what happens to it!

BL Players are not scumbags. We're just ordinary players from a different kingdom. It'd be nice if certain attitudes reflected that, instead of treating us like some invisible boogeymen who will go around stealing your bells or something.

Isn't being invisible bell stealing boogeymen kind of BL's thing?

So.... your suggestion is... to suggest to change hots...i see.

Isn't being invisible bell stealing boogeymen kind of BL's thing?

Nah man. I joined because there weren't arbitrary game rules that affected the kingdom. That's my style. And the people in HotS fit that style. It makes them a blast to play with.

I tried to join MR once. The old MR guys and my guys didn't mesh to well and we got chased out. It's sad to think that MR was less inviting than HotS, but that was my experience.

I tried JK too, but I got lost in Strongbox. How do people even build that many walls.

• Like 1

So.... your suggestion is... to suggest to change hots...i see.

pls did you even read the thread or are you just trying to raise your postcount

Aah the man who knows all about BL, pls

shhh don't question him! *pours salt around dsc*

EDIT:so poste doesn't go crazy about off topic post as usual....

pls just add another god to bl side so we can rework of the spells...

Edited by shankiest

BL is full of scum, they grief JKH to get a rise out of the carebears on JKH. It is successful.

I always thought a part of the problem is people assuming all bad behaviour comes from a secret bl player. Any bad behaviour at all, and someone somewhere will say "BL alt!"

There's never any consideration that perhaps they drove one of their own players to the brink of insanity. The infamous band of griefers on JKH, who behaved so poorly that Rolf and co. intervened. I'm told most of them actually started on either Serenity and Desertion.

• Like 5

Spies are overall, on MR, JK or BL.

And every start is hard, but on BL is harder. If you survive, then you a real BL ;)

Have fun ...

Heb, I'd like to hypothesize an alternative explanation behind the events that have led you to believe that there is a problem that HOTS players don't like.

BL is full of scum, they grief JKH to get a rise out of the carebears on JKH.

It is successful.

They claim they have been griefed by JKE to foment a rift between our two portions of the same kingdom.

JKH is gullible and believes them, perpetuating a rift in our kingdom.

Win/Win for BL

Even if BLH was griefed, I'd say odds are good it was from their own bored kingdom members pretending to be from enemy kingdoms simply to manipulate the more honest members of the kingdom to perpetuate the above example.

Tryfaen...i like you.

But you should be ashamed of yourself.

• Like 1

Spies are overall, on MR, JK or BL.

And every start is hard, but on BL is harder. If you survive, then you a real BL ;)

Have fun ...

Oooo I started and survived in BL at different times on two different accounts, does this make me a real BL?!? ;)

• Like 1

-1 I've Been HOTS 100% of the time on my main accounts all the time during Epic and Wild that I have played. There have been certain situations that are not as easily possible on MRH or JKH due to the rep systems. Such as the griefing alts that log on just to kill noobs and peoples horses because they are too lazy or scared to come do it on their main account. The only thing we can do about griefing alts is /support them and the GM's will "ASK" that they be put on KOS at the starter deed, in reality it is a long road to actually getting one of them KOS'd it took many many many /supports to get a group KOS'd recently. However annoying and focus breaking these events may be, There are some of us in HOTS that take care of these things ourselves because we understand the rules or lack thereof to the point we are not as bugged by the occurrences.

I myself take it upon the time of action to kill these griefers to get noobs gear back and I set them up with horses if they are to lose one. Sometimes I feel like the people who make these accounts are Trolls who don't know how to actually create a reactive event therefor failing in their objective though they are too close minded to understand that they have failed.

The Line to acknowledge here is that the true HOTS members are not bothered by these events we deal with them accordingly and we signed up for the lack of structure the day we kneeled to Libila herself. We will continue to do as we please..Kill who we want..and react the way we want, because this is how our kingdom and religion molded us in this scenario. 

When there is broken glass on the floor, you should not be thinking about fixing the untouched glass on the table.

Edited by AnonMalice
  • Like 1