Sign in to follow this  
Heboric

Rethink HOTS?

I'm getting a feeling that some think it might be a good idea to rethink the position of HOTS in the overall "lore" and game balance.

I might get flamed for even making the suggestion - but I'm actually quite used to that :) - I believe this is a subject worth talking about.

I'm not HOTS, and won't be, so I'm not going to put words in anyone's mouth with outside suggestions.

But I don't mind to light the fire.

And I know a number of people would have no issue with a serious rethink which could improve many people's gaming experience.

• Like 1

I am not even sure what kind of balancing and lore change you are proposing.

So what is the actual suggestion here or is this just "I don't like HOTS let's get rid of it for no reason"?

The idea of it being the punishment kingdom? You want affliction to have the same anti-pvp game mechanics as mrh and jkh?

Rose - I'm JK - it's not my place to propose anything. I'm also simply referring to Epic (I think) because it's all I'm seeing from my viewpoint.

Just putting it out there that at least some would not object to a certain amount of "fairness" balancing.

Rose - I'm JK - it's not my place to propose anything. I'm also simply referring to Epic (I think) because it's all I'm seeing from my viewpoint.

Just putting it out there that at least some would not object to a certain amount of "fairness" balancing.

In what way?

The idea of it being the punishment kingdom? You want affliction to have the same anti-pvp game mechanics as mrh and jkh?

I'm not sure - but I think that might be what is fairly central to the issue - yes.

Don't get me wrong. I actually don't particularly like the "anti-pvp" mechanics in place on MRH/JKH - I agreed with you in the original discussion to get rid of ALL the rules.....but that didn't fly, and we have to live with what is.

That said - IF BL players have "fairness" issues in game that they feel can only be addressed in negative ways - isn't that at least worth a conversation?

I'm not the one to pre-suppose their problems or solutions.

But why shouldn't we all listen to whatever they have to say for themselves? And discuss any/everything on it's merits?

Or we could go back to business as usual and sling as much mud as our BS allows.

Edited by Heboric

In what way?

BL feel aggrieved. I will leave it to them to make their own case. Until now I simply feel they should have the opportunity to do that.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, February 16, 2014 - Removed - Trolling
Hidden by Shrimpiie, February 16, 2014 - Removed - Trolling

BL feel aggrieved. I will leave it to them to make their own case. Until now I simply feel they should have the opportunity to do that.

They actually don't feel bad. They are exaggerating their own situation as an excuse to justify their own bad actions. I assume you're talking about the alts.

I think it would be good for hots to have the "freedom" rules that jkh and mrh have they will love it, not being able to do anything without getting a rep hit.

Leave the "discussion" for those who are or will be a member of HOTS and thus effected by it, thanks.

Side note: Please stop with the onslaught of asinine suggestions, there are plenty of creative yet simple suggestions to make this game a better one to play without turning worlds upside-down.

• Like 10

That said - IF BL players have "fairness" issues in game that they feel can only be addressed in negative ways - isn't that at least worth a conversation?

I'm also going to assume you're talking about the alts.  Griefing's been happening on Affliction and BLE for months and months, or longer.  Any time it was reported, the reply was usually "it's not against the rules," even from Enki -- and it wasn't against the rules.  The game rules for Epic regarding griefing only says "no defamation of character".

Now it happens on Serenity, and within hours we get GMs directly intervening despite the "we want players to handle it themselves" attitude they've always had, and within days there's this:

<Enki> We are investigating the problems affecting the Epic servers concerning non main kingdom avatars being used to cause harm. This falls under the Disruptive Player act and will be dealt with.

This right here is evidence of a fairness issue, and it looks like favoritism.

• Like 9

To the OP : Do you even know the history of the kingdom I am a part of ? It is Wurm's second oldest, next to Jenn Kellon, and has been in existence since then. It has had its proud and great moments, Libilian Outlaws, Ebony Veil, Asgard. It's had its great players too. Aab, Unforgiven, Balmore, Eir, to name a few. It has also had its tumultuous times, like the fall of Ebony Veil, amongst other things. 

So, what is it about us that you wish to change, and is this for you personally or for the game and PvP as a whole ?

I'm under the impression any changes that Heboric wants to talk about would be mainly focused on Epic.

I played both on freedom and epic anyway, proudly BL whenever I go. So when it is a change to BL lore, as Libila's fan slave,  I'm a little worried.

I'm also going to assume you're talking about the alts.  Griefing's been happening on Affliction and BLE for months and months, or longer.  Any time it was reported, the reply was usually "it's not against the rules," even from Enki -- and it wasn't against the rules.  The game rules for Epic regarding griefing only says "no defamation of character".

Now it happens on Serenity, and within hours we get GMs directly intervening despite the "we want players to handle it themselves" attitude they've always had, and within days there's this:

<Enki> We are investigating the problems affecting the Epic servers concerning non main kingdom avatars being used to cause harm. This falls under the Disruptive Player act and will be dealt with.

This right here is evidence of a fairness issue, and it looks like favoritism.

So isn't that worth discussing?

I was told by a number of people that the recent griefing on Serenity was specifically to force the Devs/GMs to pay attention. Npw they are that's wrong too?

Jeez.

Whatever.

Edited by Heboric

I'm under the impression any changes that Heboric wants to talk about would be mainly focused on Epic.

Step 1 to that is for the BL to actually leave deed and not sit on their asses

So isn't that worth discussing?

I was told by a number of people that the recent griefing on Serenity was specifically to force the Devs/GMs to pay attention. Npw they are that's wrong too?

Jeez.

Whatever.

I didn't say they were wrong, and I didn't say it wasn't worth discussing. I was telling you what you've apparently already heard.  The fact it had to be done to JKH before it got some real attention just shows how much the Devs/GMs favor JK over HOTS, and that most likely extends into parts of the game other than grief alts.

Edited by 90068

We do not sit 'on our asses' as you say. Carmicheal. We plan, undertake, and participate in raids and PvP. So kindly wind your neck in before commenting, and evaluate the facts before shooting your mouth off. 

• Like 2

As it stands now there is a rule in place governing JKH and MRH that doesn't extend to BLH. That isn't favoritism - it's simply how things are at the moment.

It simply occurred to me that trying to force a change by piling crap on top of crap might not be the only way to go about it.

Hi Heboric,

Small kingdom changes could enhance the game experience for hots players in concordance with Hots lore, without making BLH a reputation server like MRH/JKH.

However with wurm v 1.2 being focussed on, this could only work when theres time to prioritise it.

Your post is considerate, however all suggestions will likely be shelved until 1.2 is up and running.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Jberg, February 16, 2014 - OT
Hidden by Jberg, February 16, 2014 - OT

uhhh... that response lol

We do not sit 'on our asses' as you say. Carmicheal. We plan, undertake, and participate in raids and PvP. So kindly wind your neck in before commenting, and evaluate the facts before shooting your mouth off. 

It was directed at Epic BL. They really don't do much. I know you guy do stuff on Chaos because I see some logs everyday