Sign in to follow this  
Buttercups

Add looting code to Chaos

Add the same no-pick up code they have on Epic to Chaos so all this corpsegrabbing ###### stops

• Like 1

Yeah it really does mess up pvp, because people are too focused on actually trying to get the corpse than fight others.

In skirmishes, it is really nice to have. Nobody worries about corpses until the enemy (or your group) is dead and winner generally always gets all loot, except for those whose res stone worked.

It sounds very annoying in raids though.

To me it sounds like the ones with numbers or other advantages like gate hop on deeds, will get the loot.

Also, can't loot your horse when enemies are close right?

I'll -1 this, I like it as it is.

Edited by Sharkin

While I don't PVP the prospect of losing an entire side's armour of drake/scale in a single fight will mean no one fights.

The mine door code was recently "tested" in full scale combat and while alot of deaths occured, I could not imagine seeing possibly 12 drake/scale sets being lost in a single fight. No one would fight unless they are mag + res stones.

• Like 1

It might work well on epic where everyone's in plate and its like meh, w/e if you drop.

On chaos its different with scale/drake value and such berserk style so favored by some kids wouldnt work cause ppl got to much to lose. Anything giving chance to save your Valuables shouldnt be removed, it wont encourage pvp. And i recall recent discussed topics where exactly how to Encourage pvp not other way around.

I suppose it's sort of different with drake/scale on Chaos but I say +1.

Firstly in response to Don I'd rather see less people using the old armours and more wearing plate, it would make it fairer and easier for newer folks.

Secondly, corpse grabbing can go either way, you can win a fight and get no loot and I don't think that's fair. Sure it will disadvantage some people at times but with the way that res stones work the "Race to take" can be really unfair... if whoever picked up the corpses' res works then you can lose everything.

If i'm not mistaken, is not the looting code that you cant pick up an enemy corpse if members of that persons kingdom are nearby?  So you will still be able to secure allies corpses, just not enemies unless you completely destroy them?

I don't play on epic, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

If the looting thing is actually no corpse grabbing while enemies are in local, then coupled with the mindoor changes, raiding will become almost non-existant; in which case I'd say no.

If i'm not mistaken, is not the looting code that you cant pick up an enemy corpse if members of that persons kingdom are nearby?  So you will still be able to secure allies corpses, just not enemies unless you completely destroy them?

I don't play on epic, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

If the looting thing is actually no corpse grabbing while enemies are in local, then coupled with the mindoor changes, raiding will become almost non-existant; in which case I'd say no.

If enemies are close you can't pick up any body(friendly or enemy) and you cant pick up horse corpses for gear either. However if all the enemies are in a mine you can pick up any corpses outside of it.

It works well because if you win you will get loot and your own kingdoms stuff back. It doesn't really affect us as much because we don't run around in drake/scale, it is a double edged sword but if a fight lasts long enough you can still karma your corpse(if you can get karma easily over there).

Edited by Baultr

If enemies are close you can't pick up any body(friendly or enemy) and you cant pick up horse corpses for gear either. However if all the enemies are in a mine you can pick up any corpses outside of it.

It works well because if you win you will get loot and your own kingdoms stuff back. It doesn't really affect us as much because we don't run around in drake/scale.

Basically a fight to the death to retrieve any corpses unless a mine is involved, while good on epic I don't see it being very good for chaos.

Firstly in response to Don I'd rather see less people using the old armours and more wearing plate, it would make it fairer and easier for newer folks.

I would too but the problem is the second you step out into the field in plate or chain you are immediately the first target and if you get shield bashed with a number of people on you you are basically dead in <15 seconds.

Last night Farmerfred died in 10 seconds, Roggeh died in 8 seconds and Redhelix only lasted 4 seconds (!!!) and then Emoo killed Ghosted 1v1 quite quickly and I killed Jukimo 1v1 quickly. This is unfortunately the reality on Chaos when you wear anything other than drake or scale; you're just gonna drop really fast.

Because of this I'm not sure if simply adding this suggestion is a good idea; if one side is completely wiped out depending on the size of the fight you might be looking at 1k - 3k euro worth of drake/scale lost and it could be a very long time before that side is ready to fight again. On Epic it doesn't really matter because everyone is in plate.

I could get on board with this change if there were other changes also to make it not such a requirement to wear drake / scale; for example reducing the movement penalty in plate (possibly only on Chaos) and increasing the damage reduction of chain / studded might be a good start.

Edited by Gavin
  • Like 3

I could get on board with this change if there were other changes also to make it not such a requirement to wear drake / scale; for example reducing the movement penalty in plate (possibly only on Chaos) and increasing the damage reduction of chain / studded might be a good start.

Not the thread for it but i would like this on epic it is plate or die here.

+1 especially after all the "-1 I want to grab all the scale/drake before the fight is over" posts.

• Like 2

+1 to the feature

Perhaps just remove drake/scale from the game or make dragons non-unique.  

Removing the armour from the game would get alot of resistance due to people spending alot on it, but people spend money on other armour/weapons all the time (just check out the market)  It would improve the experience for those who haven't had a chance/couldn't afford to buy dragon armour. (and the pay to win aspect would be somewhat reduced) 

+1 screwed us over many times where we've had a massive advantage and someone is just better at mashing a button then you.

I like the general idea, but if people realize they will lose their drake or scale, they will not go out and fight. It's the same thing that killed off PvP in the last days of old Wild is'nt it ? Personally speaking, I do not care how much I die, or what I lose, but I'm pretty sure if a kingdom has given me a nice set of either of the dragon armours to wear into battle, they would soon lose patience with me and refuse to hand over any more. But then PvP in a group is all about teamwork, so theoretically you should have someone watching your back.

Currently I fight in plate and, as the recent skirmishes with Emoo, Miniroll and Christa have shown I do get targetted, as Gavin pointed out in his post. On both these occasions my res stone worked ( the trader at The Shroud must love me lol )

Removing all dragon armour from the game and moreso PvP would, in effect, sound the death knell for this side of the game, as Champions, Kingdom leaders and those with kingdom titles and others of high office would not be willing to risk it in a mass brawl situation..One versus one is totally different, because you are relying on your own  skills and the opponent's skill in each of the fighting statistics for a victory, so go ahead, wear your chain or plate. But group combat is far more complex, there are so many factors at work.

Of course, we could all ditch our fancy gear and just go at each other with 70 ql plate and weapons.... 

• Like 1

I'd love to have this code in, but only if the mine door unlocking code were removed on Chaos. Defending sides have ENOURMOUS advantages now in any battles thanks to deeds holding 100% of the safe fallback points (what kind of pvp game allows that!?) coupled with the ability to respawn and rejoin the fight. If you added in even more risk for the attacking side that their incredibly risky efforts of trying to attack past that disadvantage in that they could well ALL lose ALL their gear, noone would fight, sp[ecially as enemies respawning at their deed would simply recover their loot and block you looting with ease.

tl'dr - Add this in after you remove the stupid mine door opening for enemy code or it will make things worse.

Edited by Nadroj

Mmm rather than removing dragon armor, make the imping of it the same as Epic. Need dragon parts to imp dragon armor.

We have long seen the effects of that change after two years.

Edited by Klaa

-1   With the already messed up mine door crap in place, any losing side in a gatehop won't even be able to keep their buddies gear if they can get the coprse, AND they die and keep their stuff.    

Mmm rather than removing dragon armor, make the imping of it the same as Epic. Need dragon parts to imp dragon armor.

We have long seen the effects of that change after two years.

Keep that on Epic, it makes a much larger impact here than Epic.   And are you seriously saying that the two clusters are the same?  

Edited by Battlepaw

In the recent skirmish at Commorragh between Emoo, Miniroll and Christa, Cardboardboxprocessor (Libertha ) was trying to get my corpse before the MR guys grabbed it. Now, my corpse really would not have been worth looting, as far as any dragon armour is concerned. But I do carry a nicely enchanted weapon and shield in PvP. so that would may have served someone well. 

The point I am making is the attacking force in this situation seemed to hold all the aces, it took Libby  a few good attempts at smashing his 'take ' option before  he got my fat, bloated corpse. I really do not see why any side in combat cannot take the body of a fallen soldier. 

Wouldn't it be interesting if you had to 'DRAG' your corpses if there are enemies in local? thus moving at cart dragging speed, forcing you to be vulnerable until your enemies are away.

Keep that on Epic, it makes a much larger impact here than Epic.   And are you seriously saying that the two clusters are the same?

Of course not. I am merely pointing out the armor type favored on Epic, which I believe is linked to the manner in which dragon armor is imped (thus its relative scarcity) there.

People favor plate which is far easier to replace in comparison to dragon armor, even on Chaos.

Wouldn't it be interesting if you had to 'DRAG' your corpses if there are enemies in local? thus moving at cart dragging speed, forcing you to be vulnerable until your enemies are away.

Long as it had items on it, and the dragger incurred a fighting penalty. Empty human corpses should be allowed to be picked up then.

Edited by Klaa