Sign in to follow this  
Tarkie

More animals

More animals?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Wich of those would u like to see in the game?

• More neutral creatures
    • Dangerous but neutral creatures
    • Sea / Lake animals
    • More supernatural creatures
    • More hostile creatures
    • More abilitys to the creatures wich allready exists
    • None! The game is perfect allready.

Tougher non aggressive mobs, don't want to make things harder for starting players but at the same time would be nice to meet a challenging mob :)

I don't think it would make it much harder considering we still have the mob caps. Unless of course they add in a lot more mobs that kick some serious butt.

Edited by Druidnature

Some more, and different farm animals would be nice.

Perhaps an animal that is wild, but becomes domesticated if bred in captivity?  (In much the same way as such animals now gain 'traits'.)  Wolves would be an ideal fit for that.

It always seemed odd to me that Sheep (and wool) are not included in Wurm.  Goats would fit, also.

I do not think the game is harmed by not having them, however I do feel it could be improved by adding them.

option I want: more dragons. or at least have some sort of recurring hunt that people can experience not just on a new server for drake.

• Like 1

option I want: more dragons. or at least have some sort of recurring hunt that people can experience not just on a new server for drake.

There are dragons in this game? *sarcasm*

For us beginners the water is often the safest direction to go. Add in aggressive water mobs and the newer players become fodder. Many would lose interest fast. I'm not saying there should be holy safe havens and eliminate all dangers but making early travel and exploration impassable would be a mistake imho.

Yeah, I already hear the repeated mantra "... join a village...". And feel like a parasite to someone else's generosity for how long? No thanks.

• Like 1

More animals would simply mean less of each type of animal. I don't think the devs should go too crazy, but maybe a few new types would be intersting.

The elephants girrafes and rhinos dont fit in wurms climate. And the small non aggros arent really neccasry ie. Frogs squirrels and such. However the rest i think would be cool do not make game to much harder for noobs they will quit right away and we dont want that. :)

I would keep one or two domesticated cats (not tamed wildcats) if they were available, especially if several skins (tabby, black, calico) were available.  Cats might even provide a benefit to crops by killing vermin in the fields; when "aged tabby cat pounces" the tile might receive a yield bonus.

• Like 1

bullet_star_rated.png Sea / Lake animals

We have quite a lot of neutral animals, supernatural animals (hell mobs, 6ft tall spiders)... but the sea? Bearshark's don't really count, no matter how many times I butcher them, I never got a fin. Whilst I love crocodiles, I have never seen one swimming around in the big blue, they do appear slightly allergic to water.

Hostiles; Kraken/Siren (non-respawning boss?) Sharks,  Piranha...

Neutral; Typical fishes, Tuna, Crabs, Trout, Jellyfish...

Filleted for animal substance skill, get fish fillets from them when butchered.

- Liver oil for cooking/healing.

- Make poison from jellyfish (for the PVP'r's) that can be coated on a weapon as a temporary effect to deal light wounds to players.

- Tame a fish (obviously couldn't leave the water) - Fun factor? Fish fights? (I would pay to see that).

- Brightly coloured fish drop coloured scales to grind down with a grindstone and mix with water to make dye.

- Would fill the 'safe haven' of open water with something to do other than sail through and less of an AFK activity.

- Fish trophies/taxidermy; complete with weight/size/who fished it on the description. Stick them in a rack and show off to/compete with your friends for the biggest fish?

Who knows, could even end up having a fish farm you harvest once a week, the list could go on.

Edited by Mishia

Badgers, evil crazy Honey badgers  :)   foxes, sheep, eel, rabbits, bats, bees, giant wasps, frogs , ducks, owl, crabs, fog creature     sooooooooon â„¢

Honey Badger Just dont care. Does what he wants when he wants. Sharks would be cool. Monkies for pets and Dragon respawns. Make em tougher and make 1 respawn per year at a random mountain top.

+1 to more animals but;
I think if you guys do more animals, you should release it all in a major update with new craftables etc, it would be better to wait 12 months for it and have something awesome than just more of the same.

Edited by AlexLong

Hey alex, shhh thats next step, dont say everything at once and scare the dev team off lol :P

+1 to everything! Just make sure all the new animals can be tamed/charmed/dominated. I'd also like to see that for existing animals - spiders, lava spiders, dolphins, sharks, octopi, sea serpents.

5 hours ago, Erevorn said:

This thread is, like, from 3 years ago.

Yeah someone linked it for me and I thought it should be revived :)

• Like 1

I believe many requested in the original thread, HAVE been added by devs.

• I see "sheep" requested and they are in now.
  • I see marine animals requested that have since been added:   Shark Dolphin Seal Whale octopus crab 

So that is a minimum of seven that were requested here and were added by devs. Roughly how many more do you think are needed? It became very rare after a while to see some animals because the spawning RNG got so complicated. 

(Though "Sharks" were actually in before as I recall one of my characters being knocked off her corbita and eaten when Deli first opened in late 2011, not the "dark shadows" text message but an actual very aggressive, very strong animal, they were later tweaked to not be able to knock people overboard from larger boats). They became very rare till after the marine animal update, and even then they were never again the ferocious monsters that could outpace and attack merchant class sailing ships. They were almost as bad as sea monsters for younger players (hard to escape + hard to kill) though at one time high level characters liked to kill them for fight skill. I think the XP on them was tweaked down when they were made less ferocious.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

6 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

Roughly how many more do you think are needed?

I'd love to see all of these! As far as I'm concerned, the more variety we have in animals, the better :) I've been playing Wurm for over two years now, and unless I'm mistaken, I don't think there have been any new tameable/dominateable animals added in this time. It would be great to see some more, or even modify some of the existing ones so that they can be tamed/dominated.