Sign in to follow this  
roarkindrake

Battering Rams

Perfect for PvP and would be a awesome way to knock out fences when your getting ready to replace them.

Catapults and deed bashing bonus both handle fences quite well, but for pvp, I've often though battering rams with some sort of cover, shielding you from arrow fire would be really useful, not to mention saving a lot of grief with trying to aim a catapult at an angle uphill, with the goofy way slope affects catapult shots. The current catapult mechanics are terribly broken. How would you balance this though? Certainly not perfect for pvp if they made it too easy to break into places, or if they were so slow and heavy that they were unwieldy and unused. 

+1 to more siege weapons, and fixing the current one to be more useful
-1 to any un-fleshed out idea, like this.

How would you balance this though? Certainly not perfect for pvp if they made it too easy to break into places, or if they were so slow and heavy that they were unwieldy and unused.

Battering rams were extremely slow and unweildly!

Work them similar to catapults?

Maximum 20dmg per hit, maybe even make it a multi-user tool, medieval ram's were know to take 20 people and more to work them. Say 2 people for this example; either one moves or their focus is broken during the event interrupts the destroy timer and/or throw in a chance to fail for the sake of balance. The speed of the ram to drag, again, I would say similar to dragging a catapult?

I'm not a PVP'r, but I use catapults on a regular basis to clear terrain of decaying/abandoned walls (find them a lot easier/faster than mashing a wall @ 5ql/hit for ages) and the accuracy for them is kind of annoying. Just an idea! *implodes 'pop'*

Could be enchanted with Wind of Ages or something else to make is faster or do more damage on off-deed walls.

I like the idea of having multiple people to wham it together to balance it for PvP it would also make it still useable on freedom/P&R as well.

Well, IMHO, basically the game needs 2 fundamental things for better siege play:

More siege machines (like the battering ram), and of course the balance would be with defensive structures and buildings, reinforced gates, portcullis, sally gates, defensive towers (either with NPC archers or that give a bonus to archery for players), walls with crenelations that you can walk on (you can do this with houses though), etc.

Of course, more importantly that that, the whole combat needs revamping.

• Like 1

On the combat thing agreed its kind of boring going hunting IMO but thats mostly cause i would like to have action combat ,but mixing that with wurm sounds nuts and prob complicated.

This game has needed more siege engines for only about 6-7years xD

• Like 1

Well, IMHO, basically the game needs 2 fundamental things for better siege play:

More siege machines (like the battering ram), and of course the balance would be with defensive structures and buildings, reinforced gates, portcullis, sally gates, defensive towers (either with NPC archers or that give a bonus to archery for players), walls with crenelations that you can walk on (you can do this with houses though), etc.

Of course, more importantly that that, the whole combat needs revamping.

I couldn't agree more, simply adding in more effective and useful siege weapons, without adding in additional defensive capabilities would compromise the safety and security of forts to a rather unfair level, favouring attackers, when you consider the effort involved to erect them. Would love to see both. 

I would like to see battering rams made available in the game. On PvE servers they would be much easier to use for breaking down fencing than catapults, since you would just put them on the tile next to the fence, load them up and trigger off. No more winding and misses due to uneven terrain and uphill/downhill inaccuracies.

=Ayes=