Sign in to follow this  
Issle

Portable veins

Should be able to use a cart to remove a vein from its location, transport it via ship/cart and plant it in another location.

Hmm tough choice, has some pros and some cons. But I guess I'll have to go +1

Id get quite nice money from my silver + slate veins.

but -1

They spawned there, and they shall stay there :)

Hrm Id say a very highly skilled miner should be able to remove larger chunks.

"Replanting" should only work as far as the weight allows. Not to mention retaining the same characteristics such as remaining ore.

• Like 1

+1    hell yes!, id love to stick the veins in my homes and mine while im making meals!

Hrm Id say a very highly skilled miner should be able to remove larger chunks.

"Replanting" should only work as far as the weight allows. Not to mention retaining the same characteristics such as remaining ore.

That's really the only way I can see that working. I can see the desire to bring back a huge chunk to chip away at for someone that has to travel great distances for a particular ore but outright moving whole veins, I don't know, seems to go against the spirit of mining and ore population. 

Edited by Mjneal

Bit ridiculous imo - up to 10,000kg of ore in a vein and the vein is a 1 tile column that goes all the way down.

I know wogic stretches things a bit but.. not as much as that.

Also, some veins are very hard to find, for the life of me i haven't found gold since i started and i have to travel for 30 mins to find slate and copper.. i wouldn't like to imagine a world where people could just cart the veins away.

Also, I shudder to think what PvP would be like when the enemy breaks into your mines... then steals all of your veins.

I love this idea but it takes a bit away from wurm so im going to have to go with a no.-1

Should be able to use a cart to remove a vein from its location, transport it via ship/cart and plant it in another location.

Hmm tough choice, has some pros and some cons. But I guess I'll have to go +1

Hmm -1 I don't like it.

what the hell am i reading

• Like 2

Has no realism at all, and we already have Transmutation rods, otherwise an interesting thing. 

-1 , such a bad idea

OP even replied to own thread with a +1, then replied again with a -1 ?

Apart from the fact that the suggestion is to move an entire tile ! What exactly would you put into the missing tile space ?