Sign in to follow this  
Heboric

A new spell.

It seems strange there isn't a spell to make a lamp burn longer/brighter.

I can't see that adding one would affect anything drastically - and it would be fun.

• Like 1

light token. Spam 5.. you get super bright place.. spam 10.. it is personal sunshine. They even beat GMs light.

Edited by rosedragon
  • Like 1

Only really effective in caves though - not really as a personal light source out and about at night.

Could be under a different premise as that seems rather specific. Perhaps an 'effects last longer' spell and it would have a power rating such as other enchantments. You could also possibly cast on charcoal piles, forges, iron lumps (keep heat longer), and by extention lamps as they also work while glowing hot.

Sounds as though it should come under Vynora's spell list for keeping lamps and such brighter, since she's all about civilsation - or Mag if it's seen more as an "inside a mine" or keeping fires going sort of effect.

Not biased, my poor Fo priest will be even more distraught. :3

light token. Spam 5.. you get super bright place.. spam 10.. it is personal sunshine. They even beat GMs light.

How long do those last though.

How long do those last though.

Depends on QL, but I never saw one lasting more than an hour. So is kinda useless.

I dunno, I think this would devalue the magic of mag priests a bit much.

It might be better to buff the light token spell a little (maybe let it be cast on gems to give a much longer lasting effect).

I dunno, I think this would devalue the magic of mag priests a bit much.

Just give the spell to Mag.

a dozen light tokens can burn with the intensity of 1000 suns, and I'd swear I've had 90QL+ light tokens last a couple hours, will have to time it sometime. As for de-valuing mag, how so? Light token is amazing for grinding channeling up, Vynoran priests don't have anything that comes even close to the effectiveness of light tokens for safe channeling grinding, and as a light source, they're a great replacement if you can't be bothered with the hassle of doing a lantern, or lamps. 

However, if this were implemented, I'd give the spell to mag for portable lanterns, and Vynora for planted lamps.

No love for Libila :(

Blacklight? Harder to see in the dark? :lol:

Lol. Seriously - if it was implented for ANY of the WL priests I'd vote BL priests got something similar.