Sign in to follow this  
Fawkes

[Elevation only] Manually setting kingdom reputations

Elevation is a premium-only server in order to prevent spy alts, but we've seen that this isn't completely effective. People still prem up enemy-kingdom alts for the sole purpose of griefing and prepping for raids, and history shows that killing them is not much of a solution. The small size and low population of Ele means they can get back to griefing and spying fairly easily after being killed.

To combat this, I suggest we allow kingdom officials to set people's reputations down to a minimum of -220, which means tower guards will attack the person for five days.

-The grand prince, information minister, earl marshal, chief of economy, mistress, and avenger (or their equivalents) will have to come to a total consensus in order to change someone's reputation. If someone does not vote or votes against the change, the vote fails automatically.

-Votes are anonymous and the results do not show until the end.

-Everyone voting must have been in office for at least one week.

-Reputation will increase by 1 per hour as usual.

-People will not auto-convert due to low rep.

-This will not be implemented on home servers due to how easy it is to create a new character.

-To prevent abuse, those who have been wrongfully punished by this system can appeal to the GM's. If their complaints are deemed valid, those who use this system to harass legitimate players would be punished, up to and including being stripped of their kingdom titles and given a temporary ban if this happens frequently enough.

Part of what makes PvP servers great is the lack of rules and the ability to punish griefers without relying on GM intervention. However, our system isn't perfect. The amount of time and manpower needed to keep our land secure from griefer alts is just not available to us, and the damage they are capable of causing does nothing but cheapen the game and make people quit.

• Like 7

+ 1 , this would also stop people rep converting to get around the convert timers

I saw when Epic started how you chased down and forced people from freedom out.

You do not need instant power like this, because you already have KOS.

I can't even believe you are asking for this really......

Edited by Protunia

I have never been so surprised by a post in my life

end /sarcasm

• Like 1

that is a good idea but you dont know realy who is a spy and who is not a spy all what you amke than is that you set new gamers in kos and that is wrong

Maybe you don't know who is or isn't a spy Spider, but generally (not all the time) we either know right away or learn of it eventually, it is those times that a system like this could be useful.

Basically since BL PMK's now exist it would be in our best interests to just make a new BL PMK(leaving behind someone as emp of hots so it can't be griefed) and use that as a way to control who is or isn't a member and we can then use the tower guards to repel spy alts. 

Honestly Rolf should just remove default kingdoms and make it to where the only kingdoms are player made, leaving everyone as unaffiliated until they are invited. But that is just my opinion, default kingdoms kinda make the game boring.

I saw when Epic started how you chased down and forced people from freedom out.

They missed at least one then

• Like 2

They missed at least one then

Of course they did :) because I wasnt saying a damn word about who I was like the fools got run off.

Still this kind of Power grab is way off IMHO.

-To prevent abuse, those who have been wrongfully punished by this system can appeal to the GM's. If their complaints are deemed valid, those who use this system to harass legitimate players would be punished, up to and including being stripped of their kingdom titles and given a temporary ban if this happens frequently enough.

So you want to add a ton more work to the GM's......

Btw This type of thing is more likely to loose real players than protect you from any Spies.

Edited by Protunia

lol power grab? We in ble could care less who joins as long as you aren't a spy. We don't pick on new players unless they earned it in some way, generally we don't invite them up to DSC but we let them live near gloom in peace. If mr and jk are just killing off noobs to their kingdom for the fun of it then maybe the problem is in the players and not the game.

So you want to add a ton more work to the GM's......

lol what work..

Maybe you don't know who is or isn't a spy Spider, but generally (not all the time) we either know right away or learn of it eventually, it is those times that a system like this could be useful.

Basically since BL PMK's now exist it would be in our best interests to just make a new BL PMK(leaving behind someone as emp of hots so it can't be griefed) and use that as a way to control who is or isn't a member and we can then use the tower guards to repel spy alts. 

Honestly Rolf should just remove default kingdoms and make it to where the only kingdoms are player made, leaving everyone as unaffiliated until they are invited. But that is just my opinion, default kingdoms kinda make the game boring.

you play not realy long this game or a realy spy is working how a normal player in a deed but all what he do as second is give enemy infos from the deed

that is a real spy all other alts what jk mr bl or kos have is nothing all what there alts make is nerf other guys from the same kingdom not more

This suggestion is aimed primarily at the very small group of prominent alt accounts running around, and not at newbies or people we just don't like. This is why I included several checks and balances in my post. I know my kingdom well enough to know that people would not be KoSed on a whim, and the risk of getting it wrong and facing punishment only reduces that number even further. We are talking about a grand total of three or four people on KoS at the end of the day, all of whom would be foolish to attempt to appeal it. In comparison, how much GM time is spent enforcing the plethora of pointless rules on Freedom?

This suggestion is aimed primarily at the very small group of prominent alt accounts running around, and not at newbies or people we just don't like. This is why I included several checks and balances in my post. I know my kingdom well enough to know that people would not be KoSed on a whim, and the risk of getting it wrong and facing punishment only reduces that number even further. We are talking about a grand total of three or four people on KoS at the end of the day, all of whom would be foolish to attempt to appeal it. In comparison, how much GM time is spent enforcing the plethora of pointless rules on Freedom?

So in other words grant me super powers over anyone I see because of 3-4 players in game.....would seem you need to call a GM or deal with it yourself.

Not try to gain some power to KOS tower guards against your own kingdom's people just because you might not like them or are scared of them.

But sure abuse it and push legit players out of the game for your server and yes you will abuse it.

Edited by Protunia

like for christs sake, everyone that actually has a mind that isn't tube fed each morning can see this is clearly a good thing. protunia, all you ever do is take everything to extremes, and there's only ever that outcome in your eyes, because of people like you ###### doesn't get done

• Like 11

gms will not help with this situation i already tried and most just run away at the situation. Atm way rules are set and that paid accounts are not considered alts since they are no lesser of an account.  Literally only way fix this is either kos/boot or convince the staff actually make a rule of spying/griefing with a enemy kingdoms. Then there would also need be fix of spell balance due to accusing of using enemy priests to gain spells needed but not able use enemy priest for any gain.  AKA people roaming on priests claiming they were just running to their cave but instead checking local/still continueing grief.

EDIT: if tldr basically booting/kos is better option time wise for the staff to fix this ######

Edited by shankiest
  • Like 1

like for christs sake, everyone that actually has a mind that isn't tube fed each morning can see this is clearly a good thing. protunia, all you ever do is take everything to extremes, and there's only ever that outcome in your eyes, because of people like you ###### doesn't get done

You are my new god... for now until something new and shiny comes along.

+1

(I foresee an influx of WL -1's in your future Fawkes)

I am a WLer and i approve Fawkes message +1

I see the point but there's also a lot of cons, pros, and inconsistency.  I should start by saying as upset as you are and targeting at some people, you should realize BL alts were busy today on JKH walling off merchants -- so as much as you may think you're a victim, you're among those just as guilty, and please try to realize that before making it out to be targeting a group.  

Firstly HotS is a kingdom of the exiled and without law, the idea that you can be an outlaw in HotS is dumb, there isn't a reputation system there and no rules.  So maybe this idea would work for JK/MR/WL PMKs, but in the end it wouldn't make a ton of sense for BL.  

Secondly it puts a LOT of power in player's hands, and then would also involve GM's time which could be better spent elsewhere.  They would have to look at each case person-to-person conduct several investigations to each person to resolve and discover if it's justified or not.  Do you know why merchants aren't simply regulated by GMs and see who is abusing?  The reason is because it would be too time consuming and the general idea of GM-intervention is unappealing to many, and claims of bias.  

There is also the option that if you don't like those around you, formulate a PMK.  Once someone made suggestion that rulers should be allowed to exile and KOS.  I still even as a ruler then -1 that.  Wurm is a sandbox game, if a player chooses to be in a kingdom that's their choice.  There shouldn't be any game mechanics that control how another player chooses to play unless they're breaking a rule and or exploiting.  Anyone appointed a title or officer likely is already going to do whatever the ruler says, and won't be a fair group to decide someone's fate, it's too bias.  

I've always felt that the idea and "lore" about how that BL is supposed to be a lawless kingdom thus no rules is completely contradicted by the simple fact that we have an emperor... I don't devote any cares or thoughts to grief alts, but that's one line that's always bugged me.

• Like 2