Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

Freedom Sorcery

Sorcery.  We all jumped up excited when we heard about it.  Then...  Then we realised the only way to earn it was on epic.

So the majority of the game's population is not going to be seeing this wonderful feature?  Seems a bit unfair.

How to run it on freedom though?

Magic skills on freedom could be taught by relics.  One relic per server, once found another one will generate after a week.  Maybe give chaos 3 because of the extra challenge involved ;)

So how do relics work?  They are randomly placed on monsters or on a tile.  If on a monster, then it will appear in that monster's loot.  If on a tile then they work akin to source fountains, only visible from close by.  They will not despawn unless buried underground by a cave in.

Relics are tradable and single use (one use teaches one person a spell, single use spells do not show up).

This will in no way impact epic gameplay.

This wonderful feature makes accouts unplayable, the debuffs really ruin your account and the spells cost allot karma.

Sorcery.  We all jumped up excited when we heard about it.  Then...  Then we realised the only way to earn it was on epic.

So the majority of the game's population is not going to be seeing this wonderful feature?  Seems a bit unfair.

How to run it on freedom though?

Magic skills on freedom could be taught by relics.  One relic per server, once found another one will generate after a week.  Maybe give chaos 3 because of the extra challenge involved ;)

So how do relics work?  They are randomly placed on monsters or on a tile.  If on a monster, then it will appear in that monster's loot.  If on a tile then they work akin to source fountains, only visible from close by.  They will not despawn unless buried underground by a cave in.

Relics are tradable and single use (one use teaches one person a spell, single use spells do not show up).

This will in no way impact epic gameplay.

Yes, it will....As I understand it one of the reasons Sorcery was placed on Epic servers was to promote population growth ON the Epic Servers. Implementing Sorcery on Freedom servers as well would encourage some Players (existing and new) to go to Freedom Isles to participate in Sorcery rather than go to Epic for that feature.

So... one of the goals of Sorcery... a "carrot" to increase Epic Populations, will in fact be IMPACTED.

-1.     Sorcery IS for Epic Server Players. Let them have their cookies. They deal with enough stupid world event garbage. Rolf baked those Sorcery cookies for them.

Edited by Kyrmius
  • Like 1

they told it will come eventually, same as karma system for us.

This wonderful feature makes accouts unplayable, the debuffs really ruin your account and the spells cost allot karma.

I'm wondering what are these debuffs? 

I'm wondering what are the spells. And if they are suited for a PvE environment.

I'm wondering what are these debuffs? 

keep wondering

I'm wondering what are the spells. And if they are suited for a PvE environment

crazy animals, damage stuff

It's already gonna happen.

Just hope it's actually something decent, and not screwed up...

Ps: I still want the epic mobs so I die every few hours ;P

It's already gonna happen.

Ps: I still want the epic mobs so I die every few hours ;P

Come to chaos, damn things are everywhere xD

Would be nice to see Sorcery actually implemented as we were promised. We got told "we'll figure out a way to put it into freedom cluster" and then that just never happened. Unless we were meant to understand that as meaning "we'll leave it for a year before we bother".

Come to chaos, damn things are everywhere xD

Would be nice to see Sorcery actually implemented as we were promised. We got told "we'll figure out a way to put it into freedom cluster" and then that just never happened. Unless we were meant to understand that as meaning "we'll leave it for a year before we bother".

Or as a "when someone gets around to code it" as rolf put it to a question in the IRC 

• Like 1

Sorcery isn't really a working feature as it is, the spells are not really balanced.

And none of the spells are really pve spells.

If you want to spend 1500 karma to throw a fireball at a troll for minor damage sure, but I don't see the point.

Not to mention the fun of suddently taking 2x damage from something.

• Like 1

I would maybe +1 some PVE spells, but the current spells are not for pve

lol

cus epic system isn't screwed up nope

lol

cus epic system isn't screwed up nope

Why do you think I said it to begin with? ^_^

/goes and votes for valrei fix!

-1, Freedom not worthy of Sorcery just like Epic apparently isn't worthy of Legendary titles

• Like 5

Really why should freedom even care for sorcery, they are meant to be destruction what are you going to do? Wall in a troll for 5 minutes, and then get double damage from it? Sorcery is a high-activity pvp thing, + with the amount of actual time that goes into doing the missions for the karma provided from them on Epic can be a little annoying some times when 'build a shrine' pops up 3 times in a row, where white-dotted flowers are no where in sight.

I think your legendary titles, vast economies, and slew of easiness you guys get when it comes to priesting is more then enough, there needs to be a seperation at some point in the line, especially when the sorcery system here on epic is crap as is.

Just add something for me to waste my karma. It doesn't have to be pvp oriented or help me in anyway. Permanent cosmetic effects maybe?

Give us Legendary Titles.. or wait.. no we don't deserve those.

You don't deserve Sorcerers.