Sign in to follow this  
wasntme

life is feudal

I'd have worded it differently as there is (or intended to be) a form of deed in place according the wiki. Land Claims

From 1 up to 250 cells wide. The radius of the personal claim is around 18m radius while having max skill (250 cells).

• A plot of land that is the private property of a certain character. All movable and unmovable objects within that type of claim are protected from any damage and can only be used by owner of that claim or other players that have received access rights from the owner.
  • In the event of a war between claim owner's guild and attacker's guild, objects on a personal claim may be used and damaged.
  • Trespassing on a personal claim can be punished by a loss of 1 alignment point.

How it actually works though, may be greatly different than shown in the Wiki.  Again I'll say that the person/team working on LiF has impressed me based on what little (relatively speaking) I've seen from them so far.

Btw.. if anyone knows a good "Lets Play" series (or upcoming series), mind posting a link back?

Edited by Hussars

I've been part of the testing team since the early days when I got selected instead of buying my way in.  I've played one test, the first one and I saw great potential, I'm hoping that they have developed LiF considerably since the last time.

The proper Alpha testing does not have a date yet, however we will probably learn the date after the 20/03/14 which is when the last "Test run" begins.  The "Test runs" are from what I can gather very short in length and are used to possibly test the servers etc.  I haven't been able to play any of the "Test runs" yet so I can't say.  However the official alpha start is to be announced and as mentioned it will probably be announced after the last test run.

Once the alpha starts in earnest I will provide a progress review and keep anyone interested, updated with the state and possible direction the game is heading in.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/94718972/LiF-MTool-AlphaTest.png

Edited by Bladedancer

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Jberg, March 26, 2014 - Thread Wipe - Advertising and Other unwanted.
Hidden by Jberg, March 26, 2014 - Thread Wipe - Advertising and Other unwanted.

Big bump

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Jberg, March 26, 2014 - Thread Wipe - Advertising and Other unwanted.

bumping this is kind of spammy... bumping a game that copies and rips off the game, on it's own forums, is kind of foul smelling.

False alarm on the "new content" screen. -1 for the promoters.

• Like 1

View hidden Post

bumping this is kind of spammy... bumping a game that copies and rips off the game, on it's own forums, is kind of foul smelling.

I see nothing wrong with taking the best things of other games and putting them into a new one.

• Like 1

Terraforming you cannot Flat Raise, but only drop dirt and remove it.  You can dig straight through dirt to the other side and make a tunnel through it.

I came.

Haters gonna hate.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Elen, March 26, 2014 - Quoting hidden post.
Hidden by Elen, March 26, 2014 - Quoting hidden post.

I see nothing wrong with taking the best things of other games and putting them into a new one.

and one with (hopefully) smarter staff members

• Like 1

You can reach level 90 in any skill in 2-5 days, that sounds rather pointless.

• Like 2

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Jberg, March 26, 2014 - Thread Wipe - Advertising and Other unwanted.

You can reach level 90 in any skill in 2-5 days, that sounds rather pointless.

Maybe if you played endlessly.....Plus the fact is you cannot be everything.

There are paths of skills to choose and to be 90 in one path, 90 on all skills you would use up 5x90 or 450 skill points  you only get 600 for fight skills and 600 for crafting.

There are 5 paths of each and 1 secondary path of skills you can do.

I would say in order to get to 90 skill just in one skill its gonna take a normal player more than a couple weeks, to fill a path with 5 90's a 2-3 months easy.

Once you reach 600 points in Combat/Crafting you are capped and have to remove some skills from something to get better at something else.

In other words No SUPER JOATS period Like Wurm.

You really need to see how the skill paths work as they are completely different than Wurm all together.

You have to reach 30 then 60 skill in a tier to even go to the next level down. Different skills and levels unlock different things you can do.

Here is the skill program thread if you want to DL and mess around with it. http://lifeisfeudal.com/forum/skills-calculator-t674/

Here are the Skill multipliers and Curves

CombatSkillsLiF.png?t=1395756173CraftingSkillsLiF.png?t=1395756182

Edited by Protunia

I can understand we all have "spread the word" of sandbox games here but you guys are going into great details on the game and i feel that is a disservice to wurm and should be posted on their websites rather than here. 

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Jberg, March 26, 2014 - Thread Wipe - Advertising and Other unwanted.

I can understand we all have "spread the word" of sandbox games here but you guys are going into great details on the game and i feel that is a disservice to wurm and should be posted on their websites rather than here. 

Wood Scraps

Its the bit that's left! Non-Wurmian stuff like other games, movies, the weather or what you had for breakfast.

If someone is gonna dis something they have no idea about then you have to educate them. ;)

Then at least they can give a more informed opinion. :D

Here is the Newbie island map btw!!
Scale 1:2 (1 pixel equals 2 meters or 1 ingame tile)

1 Square is 1x1 Km. Map size is 3x3 Km.

The main land in game map is coming soon and is  21x21 kilometer ground (441 sq.km.)

Newbie_Map.jpg
Edited by Protunia

with the recent event happening.... I actually not surprised lol...

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Jberg, March 26, 2014 - Finished
Hidden by Jberg, March 26, 2014 - Finished

The content in this thread is under review. Once the review is completed it may or may not be reopened based on the results of the review.

Locked.

Thread has been cleaned of what were obviously advertisement of the game, which goes contrary to our Forum Rules. The Wurm Team accepts that people want to talk about new and exciting games, but to have it go further than that is sadly not desirable.

Regards,

Jberg (Lead Forum Moderator)

• Like 3

Umm, you might want to sanitize the posts on EQN:L and Xyson too?

• Like 3

Disappointing.

Word of mouth is the best advertisement, and based on that, you should probably wipe every single thread on the forums not trashing other games.

• Like 2

I never contributed to this thread, but I'm really disappointed about this kind of censorship.

Wurm Online is such an awesome game and it speaks for itself. The team definitely should not need to be afraid of any comparison with other games. Advertisement? Well - if any, Wurm doesn't need to be afraid of that either. People who love Wurm will stay with the game, but maybe will try to get some new experiences now and then. After all, how many of us found Wurm by reading "advertisements" in other game forums?

I can only speak for myself, but I definitely won't leave Wurm because I read some posts about other games, even if they try to "advertise". What I *will* do, however, is try out other games that may be interesting - and I will also write about my experiences here on the forum in order to share my thoughts with my Wurmian friends. Even if this could be misinterpreted as "Advertisement"....

It's never a good sign if a game company starts to suppress discussion about other games! Show more pride and self-confidence, Code Club - you have every reason!

Edited by Yaga
  • Like 8

Dear me. A quiet little thread not really garnering too much attention.

Lock it....censor it.....and lo and behold it's suddenly front and center :rolleyes:

Way to go.

• Like 1

What I find hilarious about the developers of this game, is that in concept it's basically wurm in many respects, except these guys have the common sense to try to greenlight their game, even if it doesn't even compare next to this game.    :rolleyes:

TBH I wouldn't mind porting Wurm onto steam, hell I'd greenlight it, there are much worse games out there that make it through.  

Code Club is going to have to do something eventually, I doubt the players here will put up with another price hike with the current state of the game, its laggy and barely reliable servers.  What we need is a larger player base, and more availability.    

Then you are a blind fan boy of Wurm. I also play wurm and have spread out the word for wurm being the game that it is, but LIF at this very moment will crush Wurm because of its development. I would know because im in the alpha. And you are also blind by the fact that its not basically wurm, yes it has concepts like wurm, but then again so does many other games. LIF basically pulls together the Medieval era build from the ground up full loot twitch based combat like M&B but more polished like DarkSouls.

• Like 2