Sign in to follow this  
roarkindrake

Strong Metal

A new cast for vynora priests for tools. This one would reduce damage taken on tools during actions and slow the repair rate.

vynora priest have enough "good" spells if anything the other priest need more love 

• Like 3

It could be another priest if wanted. Mag possibly? Since she is like the mining god that goes with metal as well. I just was sticking with tradition :)

Steel does this.  Spell would negate benefits of steel and kill the market.

It may do so but if the other servers are anything like Release no one really makes steel tools unless they are making plate. I see a few skiller steel items every now and then but nothing actually above 10ql.

True, that is because steel is so expensive to make and the 20% damage reduction really is much more expensive than just buying a couple of iron tools and using them.   

If the spell was implemented, then what few people that do use steel tools/weapons would have no reason to consider steel at all.  Far cheaper for a hardness spell and then just imp with iron.   

Note, my steel sales are such that I don't really care one way or another, I don't sell below cost and both plate and steel equipment is below cost so what steel work I do is generally for my own amusement.   Just pointing out that steel does have the effect and a spell that did that wold negate any desire for steel items.   I would go the opposite way, rather than lessening steel's advantage I would look at making it more effective, but of course I would be a primary beneficiary if steel became better.

True, that is because steel is so expensive to make and the 20% damage reduction really is much more expensive than just buying a couple of iron tools and using them.   

If the spell was implemented, then what few people that do use steel tools/weapons would have no reason to consider steel at all.  Far cheaper for a hardness spell and then just imp with iron.   

Note, my steel sales are such that I don't really care one way or another, I don't sell below cost and both plate and steel equipment is below cost so what steel work I do is generally for my own amusement.   Just pointing out that steel does have the effect and a spell that did that wold negate any desire for steel items.   I would go the opposite way, rather than lessening steel's advantage I would look at making it more effective, but of course I would be a primary beneficiary if steel became better.

Ehmm.... you could cast that proposed spell on steel tools too, the resistance gap would still be the same.  I dont see how this would negate the advantage of steel over iron.   As a matter of fact, maybe with enough resistance buff (steel+spell) the steel tools and weapons will become more enticing.

• Like 1

Steel does this.  Spell would negate benefits of steel and kill the market.

Or stack with steel and make it even more desirable.

Would maybe be a nice addition, but not as a vyn spell.

Maybe split it into 2 and make a "Oak strength" spell for fo that does this for wood tools. And the "strong metal" for metal tools as a mag spell.

Libila could have a "Will of decay" spell that reduces decay damage on items on your inventory, or damages items equipped by an enemy.

Vynora could have a "Will of water" spell that reduces decay damage on items (removes the water thus preserving them).

Edited by KanePT

Maybe split it into 2 and make a "Oak strength" spell for fo that does this for wood tools. And the "strong metal" for metal tools as a mag spell.

Libila could have a "Will of decay" spell that reduces decay damage on items on your inventory, or damages items equipped by an enemy.

Vynora could have a "Will of water" spell that reduces decay damage on items (removes the water thus preserving them).

I like this idea, gives Fo and mag some needed love. Though I could care less if Vynora does or doesn't get the water one.

I like this idea, gives Fo and mag some needed love. Though I could care less if Vynora does or doesn't get the water one.

I actually edited that one in a few minutes later. Seemed kinda sad that vyn was the only one left out. So i gave vyn the weaker one (but that fits the lore).

+1 to this idea, would add a little to the economy if it stacks with steel.   Maybe a max of 20-30% damage reduction from use.

It should be a mag and libila enchant imo.

EXCELLENT IDEA! But yea if added to a steel item it could make the damage ratio 40%. That would make steel a even higher benefactor than before hand with just the 20.