Sign in to follow this  
Sklo:D

Benefits for supportive players during team fights

One thing that really bugs me is that supportive players, that try to keep alive friends, kill enemy horses or link their favor do not get any rewards.

Those people do not even get mentioned in the Death-tab sometimes. 

I would suggest that kingdom mates close to an enemy(~10tiles) dieing,get mentioned on the deathtab, rank and roll on the affinity.

To fall under this rule they must have healed a friend during that fight, killed an enemy horse(rode or leaded by an enemy). Or maybe just helped bashing a wall/minedoor/tower to help in this situation, buffed, despelled or linked his favor.

Example.

Player A,B and C are in the same kingdom

D is an enemy.

A and C killed D, A got focused and would have died without B healing him.

A,B,C get rank and roll on the affinity.

It is clear that the main focus for the group is to win, but since there are special rewards for individual players , I think those rewards should be handed out considering more factors than just a simple target or hit.

• Like 5

+1 healers and ppl killing horses should absolutely get on tabs and get rank. And also get affinity rolls. Sometimes the fight is won solely because of the heals you get, or lost because of the heals you don't get. And the people focusing horses too are just as important to a good fight. Great idea imo.

Edited by amberain80

+1 to your idea seems fair.

It would be nice to have a cleaner interface (has been mentioned recently) for healing so don't need to expand so many  lists to find wounds. A separate list with just wounds ascending from worst to less severe would be nice.  I don't really care where the wound is I just wanna heal it quickly.

Edited by Rushy
  • Like 1

I think the whole rank system need a rework. it's just broken imo

• Like 1

+1  Assists in just about every other game yield roles in loot and exp... it should here as well.

I just thought of another quite simple fix, and that is to make horses with enemy mounted on them go red, i think it works like that for someone with HUNTED status but also  be useful in PVP.  People hitting friendly horses does happen in the fray and this would help in many ways.  If could be extended to horses being led by an enemy then that be even better.

Dont know why im just putting random suggestion in your thread Sklo im gonna stop now. :P

Edited by Rushy

It would certainly be nice to get on death tabs or get any rewards for healing people. It might also make the support roles much more rewarding and attractive

• Like 1

Shooting horses already counts as an attack on the player riding it, thus they get full benefits when that person dies (fs, rank, affinity chance).

But +1 for healing in pvp counting as an assist on the person you've healed when they kill somebody.

I just thought of another quite simple fix, and that is to make horses with enemy mounted on them go red, i think it works like that for someone with HUNTED status but also  be useful in PVP.  People hitting friendly horses does happen in the fray and this would help in many ways.  If could be extended to horses being led by an enemy then that be even better.

Dont know why im just putting random suggestion in your thread Sklo im gonna stop now. :P

No problem, feel free to discuss here

+1 I also think this should count for captains. They ussualy are left out when it comes to archery kills.

In addition, captains are always the main target. I really feel that this should be rewarded.

Edited by GroeneAppel
  • Like 1

+1 Battles have been lost due to lack of support personel, they should share in the victory that they helped to achieve.

Lots of games make teams and have item rolls....Maybe the Kingdom thing could be applied as well....But what about people who just stand there and watch??  Or ninja looters....You'll have to have a definite set of checks for any roll looting system.

Edited by Protunia

Lots of games make teams and have item rolls....Maybe the Kingdom thing could be applied as well....But what about people who just stand there and watch??  Or ninja looters....You'll have to have a definite set of checks for any roll looting system.

To any form of item loot "rolls"

kill them? I believe most of pvp actions have at least a leader that sort out the loots. Not perfect, but random loot is not going to work well for wurm (you acquire a 0.1ql sprout for your participation!)

I'm against being put on a tab just for simply being there, or bashing something.  I don't know how it would really work with healing, maybe a slight change to LoF.  Counts as an AoE attack to enemy like a pillar but just doesn't do damage to them, perhaps?  Would put them on tabs and still be sorta logical.