Sign in to follow this  
Daash

Should the rare system be scrapped

161 members have voted

1. 1. Should the rare system be scrapped

• Yes
    • No

Well i have seen alot of new players complain about the rare system, everything from it giving useless rare items to rare drum rolls on first aid actions. 

If the players that have the most to gain from this complain the most why keep it around. 

Afterall the more experienced accounts get alot fever drum rolls when imping/creating for some reason and i dont see them complain.

So should there be a system ingame that people complain so much about all the time ?

Edited by Daash

No from me as well.

Its a fun system that adds another layer of depth, They don't do insane amounts of perks.

Its supposed to be fun.

Keep it.

i havent seen anyone complaining,the fact that someone doesnt like geting rare rockshards that doesnt mean they dont like the rare system.

I can understand that getting a rare rock shard or rare dirt is not as good as getting a rare tool - and I presume this is what people are complaining about - but its something extra in the game and that is always good - why take out a system that adds to the game?

So "No" from me too!

Edited by Ordinii

Perfect, so something doesn't work 100% so we should just scrap it?

On that basis the UK Government should completely scrap the whole UK rail network

-1 from me

Keep it, but imp it or somebody explain it (getting drum rolls in first aiding, sowing, farming, taming, praying... what those do? )

People are people ...some are complainers and some take these lil bonus gifts and use them to their advantage.

I personally like getting random rare "useless" items ....I consider them lunch and appreciate the free boost to my nutrition.

As for the rare drum rolls during actions that do not produce items such as farming a field or sowing seeds just makes me chuckle and anything that makes me chuckle can't be all bad !

I vote to keep them

Voted no, the system is fine and it is not hurting anything. Do I ###### about it in chat from time to time hell yes. Nothing like imping scale for 5 hours and not a damn thing make a kindling to cook some food bam its a rare.

That said I have had my share of rare weapons,  armour and tools.

Drumrolls on

Prayers,

Field tending

Are annoying but its fine

All they need to do is tweak the system

Nope, but like others said it needs some tweaking.Yeah its dumb getting rares of stupid stuff over a tool you made 300 of already, but like others have said no reason to scrap the whole system just because a few people complain about it.

Rolf could remove it just to teach us not to be such a bunch of entitled twats, but I'd prefer if we could just complain less and have any issues with it looked into.

Though I'd honestly rather see it removed than tweaked so that only things some people subjectively find useful come out as rare.

Edited by EliasTheCrimson
  • Like 1

I voted yes, the rare system is silly loot-rng by my standards. I would love alternate advencement crafting though, like to make a tool lighter, or sharper.... through effort, not luck.

There is one primary problem with the rare system.

No Documentation!!!!!

• Like 3

In my experience most complain about it because they get rare dirt and not Supreme longswords.  I created myself a full rare chain mail set, rare longsword, and even a few rare bows.  Sure, I get tons of rare rock shards, rare sand, and rare iron (which never pans out upon use), but such is the nature of the beast.  It's all chance.

Some get lucky, some don't, and sometimes it's reversed, it's all a game of chance.  Maybe someday you'l get a Fantastic Hammer and I'll still be getting rare sand :P

• Like 1

Like I've seen other people say in game, just because players are complaining about something means scrap it? Like the guards I seen someone say, just because they are too slow and people are complaining, should they be scrapped too? And omg how many people complain about looting, should they disallow looting as well? You can't enter this with this kind of mindset, what you should do instead is offer suggestions on ways to improve it, rather than scrap it. Maybe saying, who needs to hear a rare sound when farming? But to just scrap the whole system just because of this, doesn't make sense.

I think people with very high skills should have better chances of rare items, Im not sure exactly how I would do it but it would give incentive to people to go into the 90s rather than be a jack of all trades.  It would also mean people use the skills rather than hitting their benchmark and grinding something else.

Edited by Rushy
  • Like 1

Voted no. The system is 'ok; as it is, but since the recent update I've not had one single rare item. Prior to that I used to get successful rolls frequently, including imping a glimmersteel longsword rare. Now I don't get anything.

It does not need taken out just fixed so players can not exploit it. I do have to say that it does degrade the regular tool market some people will buy the not so good enchanted rare tool over the well enchanted regular tool but the rare system is fun for players. It would also cost a lot of silver to players if they were taken away and if you left the ones that are in-game now they would skyrocket in price so either way that is not good. The only way i would feel okay with them ever taking them out is for a compensation to at least the rare tools of like the 5s average cost.  Even at 5s for me that would only cover about half of what i spent i bought my complete tool set when they were high and then i had them all enchanted to +80 enchants so i have a great deal of silver invested in my rare tools..

TLDR.. No 

I don't think rares should be removed entirely, but i do agree the current system (like most stuff in wurm) is entirely random, and doesn't really reflect the actual effort or craftsmanship of making a mastercrafted/rare item.

I've had an idea for this for a while, but its really rough, and probably not very applicable. Maybe if i get some of the rough edges out i'll put it up for discussion on the suggestions forum.

Um, no to removing the Rare System.....

Edited by Shrimpiie

Never remove content, only ever add content. If it's broken, then fix it. If it's not broken, then leave it damn well alone. Perhaps a poll asking HOW people think the rare system is broken would be more prudent?

• Like 2