Sign in to follow this  
Guruen

Dice - Another use for Marble

So i know we have a /random feature ingame, this doesn't show for others though. So if you do a random roll, you're the only one that sees it.

What i'm suggesting is being able make a dice (or several) and use these as a random generator that shows up in event (or possibly local). This way it's possible to use as a gambling thing, or just as a random generator that shows up for others when you do a roll.

Also be able to make cups out of leather for rolling the dice.

How it would work:

You place x amount of dices inside a leather cup, right click the cup and select roll dice. Result will then show up in event/local for everyone to see.

Or just have the ingame /random feature show up in other peoples event/local window.

• Like 1

Hm, we've got yoyos and puppets... Guess dices would be a great addition to toy making :3

+1

+1  Having the /random show to other players would mean more types of games we could invent for events, and it seems like it would be a simple change to make.

Sounds cool, but could be misconstrued as gambling, which is a potential issue.

/random shows to others if you're stood on the same tile.

• Like 1

Arh see i didn't test that. Good to know, thanks. Dice would still be a nice addition ;)

But ... personal space! Very cool though.

I think it's a little bit ridiculous to deny something that is used for many different games, simply because they have also been used for gambling. Is real money gambling illegal in an online game without a gambling permit, and an age restriction on everyone who logs in? Sure. But an incredibly firm, and very clear rule on this, (exchange of ingame currency around dice rolls results in a ban) would surely deal with most of the problem.

I believe adding dice is a great way to add a bit of immersive depth, instead of a command that creates a number for players. 

As for the material though, I definitely wouldn't restrict dice to marble. They used to be made out of wood mostly. Would go with wood, stone, then marble. 

Edited by Arronicus

+1 Useless but fun! Would you like to gamble.. I mean invest in a game of cups?

Gambling isn't forbidden in Sweden

I hardly think the mere presence of dice-rolling functionality in a game would be sufficient to classify it as gambling. Public gambling services is illegal in Sweden without a permit but I don't think it's applicable at all.

Edited by EliasTheCrimson