Sign in to follow this  
Guest trmprognut

Make Glittershore a real town

I do not know about the other server starting towns, but Glittershore on Desertion is so barren and that is the first thing newbies see.  I think it would be so cool if Glittershore was a bustling town when newbies arrived, with merchants or residents within the city walls.  Right now, no one can invest in the town because it is deeded.  Why not open the deed up to someone who will make it a village like the other player created deeds, so some can join the village of Gliitershore and build houses, motels, etc.?  Thanks.

Starter deeds are deliberately intended to be fairly sparse in order to prompt players into moving away from it, otherwise why would anyone leave a deed that has that many spirit templars......

you only need to take 1 step out in any direction to realise the game is played, and the scope and possibility that can be offered, 

Giving any player the ability to manage the starter deed would give them far too much power to be able to abuse the single spawn point for anyone not in a village, plus its far too secure an environment for people to stay in, 

Yeah, I understand that.  I still wish to see something more there.  Some buildings at least with maybe NPCs then.  (More than just the spirit Templars.)  I spent some time trying to at least clean up the shrubs and stuff to make it look nice, but it is too much for one as they grow back fast.

Yeah, I understand that.  I still wish to see something more there.  Some buildings at least with maybe NPCs then.  (More than just the spirit Templars.)  I spent some time trying to at least clean up the shrubs and stuff to make it look nice, but it is too much for one as they grow back fast.

If you want nice towns and make things look nice move to freedom. 

The Starter deeds do get looked at by GMs / people in charge of maintaining them, Glittershore has actually changed a great deal in the last couple of months,

as For NPC's, it already has Trader, Bartender, Templars, with merchants outside the gates..... short of Tower guards i dont think theres a single NPC it doesn't have, so im not sure if a bigger suggestion your trying to make is to create more NPC's, in which case what actual purpose would they serve?

You can still make things look nice on Epic lol, just requires more forward thinking, and lots of work

Untrue, enough carebears on epic.

• Like 1