Sign in to follow this  
Hawkstariii

48 Hour safe period on pvp servers

I have been seeing a lot of suggestions for ways to get more people to play PVP lately. However I have not seen any topics that come close to solving the real issue of why freedomers don't want to go to PVP. I personaly think the biggest reason for people not wanting to play on PVP is because new players are killed right away  by people camping the spawning villages. GIVE US A CHANCE! If you want us to stick around and play and participate in PVP then don't kill us right away or we will leave cause we cant do anything but die. I suggest adding a 48 hours protection to new players on PVP servers so they cant be killed by other players in that time. I am not saying protect them from mobs just players so they actually have a chance to get started get some gear and find a village to join. Please tell me what you think.

Thanks,

Hawk

i would give it a +1 if it only affected new players. i'm sure some players would abuse this by creating alts to scout villages and run around in enemy lands that can't be killed sadly

• Like 2

killed right away by people camping the spawning village... kill us right away 

Sorry but by trying to make it look like some invisible reason was the reason why people don't try pvp, you actually showed the real reason people don't want to pvp, people believe these rumors or 'scary stories' of you instantly dying if you walk off a deed.

People don't spawncamp new people, the only problem here is what you just contributed towards it 

• Like 14

new alts can run around scouting stuff with no way of being killed 

Thank you for showing how freedumbers don't know a single thing about epic honestly I didn't die on epic for 3 months + so if freedom wants to try out epic you got plenty of safe room unless you walk up to an enemy and ask them to kill you

• Like 3

I have really never seen this happen other than 2 new players repeatedly killing each other in dead lake, and people killing spy alts.

• Like 1

lol go first on a home server and train your pvp skill before you go on the real pvp server and cry not here

-1. And what server did you start on where you were instantly spawn camped? Sounds a little off.

LOL!   :P  really?

It's actually pretty safe around the start towns unless you just wander into some player or players wanting to wack a noob....

Edited by Protunia

no one just wacks noobs for no reason

Edited by nosfirebird
  • Like 1

People creating alts should be banned, it shows nothing about your skill in a game, its just showing you are giant douche.

• Like 1

no one just wacks noobs for no reason they will kill you if they think you are a spy alt

Good enough excuse I suppose lol!!

I have been seeing a lot of suggestions for ways to get more people to play PVP lately. However I have not seen any topics that come close to solving the real issue of why freedomers don't want to go to PVP. I personaly think the biggest reason for people not wanting to play on PVP is because new players are killed right away  by people camping the spawning villages. GIVE US A CHANCE! If you want us to stick around and play and participate in PVP then don't kill us right away or we will leave cause we cant do anything but die. I suggest adding a 48 hours protection to new players on PVP servers so they cant be killed by other players in that time. I am not saying protect them from mobs just players so they actually have a chance to get started get some gear and find a village to join. Please tell me what you think.

Thanks,

Hawk

These stories are mostly stories, yes im not going to deny that these things do happen... For example during hot pvp with enemies being in local and then all of a sudden there is a new name that pops up which may very well be a real new player, you have to understand that during that time there is not many chances being taken by players who have 50- 250 euro worth of items on them.

But, there are also many ways to avoid being killed, keeping yourself under the radar is one of them. And my group and I are a perfect example of players who set up a safe place for Freedomers to come to and try getting into chaos life, but just like most stories 99% of freedom players thought we were just trying to get them into a trap.

name and shame + logs of people that are spawn camping new people plz

i bet its all a fabrication anyways

Edited by demondan
  • Like 1

This ###### guy.

OMG, this is hilarious. You freedumb people truly deserve the perjorative.

• Like 2

The idea that newbies get slaughtered upon arrival has been around forever, and it's usually very far from the truth. Sometimes suspected spy alts or really annoying people get killed, but that's about the extent of it.

I started playing Epic on Elevation (the supposedly "dangerous" server) and enemies typically left me alone. Some of them even offered to help me when I was in trouble. It was only after I got kills of my own that they started seeing me as a target. It's really not that bad. If people don't think you're a spy and don't think you'll pop tabs, they typically won't bother with you.

• Like 2

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Is dis dude serious? -1 think hard about what you wrote friend.

LOL wut?   

I can understand how skeptiable some probably are about what this server is like but this is just silly, hundreds have come before you and done just fine... what they used was common sense, they got to know the people, and learned the layout of the kingdoms and who to ask to join a community here.   

If you just want a free lunch just get lost.  You don't have us chaos players complaining that Freedom server isn't good enough for us because we can't pick into your houses or run off with your boats.   We respect that there are certain rules are expected to abide by, and the mechanics are fundamentally different.    

IF your too silly to see how moronic your suggestion is... then look at it from our perspective.    PvP is part of this server, the only thing you will accomplish by trying to remove that in any shape or form is open up abuse, you won't make it any easier for ppl to fit in or survive.   Instead of trying to bring a little bit of that freedom server with you as some sort of "security blanket" consider throwing it off and letting a community here help you out.  There are more then enough good people here willing to help sponsor new players.   Not matter which way you will look at it, if you have any intention of living on a PvP server you have to learn to live with PvP, no matter what skill your at.    

-1 just dont spawn in affliction and ull be fine. Affliction is full of new player trollers around the starter deed.

To the OP,

While spawn- killing HAS happened in the past,the perpetrators were ultimately serving one purpose: to give their kingdom, and Wurm's pvp community a bad name to this very day. Nowadays, it does'nt happen, at least as far as Chaos  is concerned. Not so sure about epic, because I don't play there often but from what I hear, it does'nt happen there either. If of course it does, the person responsible is held accountable by their kingdom usually.Kingdom leaders, mayors of deeds and all others really do not want this blight. It is no longer tolerated, Sadly though, misinformation and the rumor mill ,have cast a massive cloud of doubt and fear over many new players. I wish to make it absolutely clear that you will not be randomly attacked. Unless of course, you attack them first, in which case you get what you asked for. 

If you do want to fight, then I sincerely suggest  joining a town on one of the Home servers first, or a well fortified, active deed on elevation if you're playing on epic. If you're on chaos, then join one of the 3 kingdoms here. All are actively recruiting, and the players of all 3 will help you get started out.

Good luck.