Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

Countdown to 1.2, Full List of Features.

Yes basically. Its works very similar to backpack except once you drop it, you can never again pick it up again. If the owner could pick them up we wouldn't need load. Owner would be whoever purchases it. We might need a way to transfer ownership and I"m not sure how to handle claiming existent chests.

Please keep in mind the point was show how I have been using a Large magic chest inside a large cart for a couple years. That cart in my previous post pic is my main working container which gets accessed multiple times a day. I've never had any problems with it.

out of curiosity,

Is it a bad idea to let us have a big portable no decay container?

Is it a bad idea to make large magic chests easier to steal?

Can anyone confirm this still works? Dragging fr inventory into a car for example?

i dont think theres any issues with allowing it in inv and in a cart.  but ya in a cart if not locked up could get stolen. or your cart dragged somewhere you can find it.  hate to risk traveling much off deed with that cart due to  server crashes. 

but hmm  i might buy another one just to put in a cart for me.  but really would like to load mine and sell off the 5 on deli i can and just move my 2 on cele to new deed.

if i ever get off my butt and start grinding tools /weapons /armor and get good casts on them. i could start collecting them in my empty chests and maybe open up a merchant post and start selling them. keeping them 0dmg while waiting.

Having just planted a magical chest, I'd like some actual clarification on what these technical issues are with loading them.  I'd also like to know if it's a permanent NO on loading them or if it's just temporary.  I paid good money for them, and vanity as it may be, I'd like to load them.

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 2

what about having deed guard attached to wagon have portalable simi deed for people liking to move around camping, maybe have it as like a hired guard.

what about having deed guard attached to wagon have portalable simi deed for people liking to move around camping, maybe have it as like a hired guard.

What if I kos'd people, then followed them around with it... Rolf would probably break more code trying to get it to work properly.

• Like 1

Is there a planned time? I'm asking to see whether a day of work could be done or if the downtime, patch, reboot, die, reset, rollback, re-patch will be in work time or not.

Thanks

Crates are basically bulk bins with an item limit on them, so they do not have a weight limit. The small crate can have 150 items, the large one 300 items. Crates can be loaded while full, while regular containers and bulk bins cannot.

This made me really happy for bulk transport, please tell me you'll be able to load at least 5 full large crates in a wagon, then my wurm life will be complete XD

more like when u want ungriefable mines.

But reinforced walls make a mine ungriefable already....there's currently no way in the game to dig up into a floor from below, since you have to break into tiles from the side no matter what.

So are you saying this is a new way to protect your mine when the entrance is open?  So people can't just wander in and wreck the floor?  Because reinforced floors won't stop anyone from mining into your mine will they?

yeah the point of reinforcing floors its not to prevent people from mining into the mine but for preventing people from mining down to water.very usefull on public mines and for villages that recruit new players.

• Like 2

But reinforced walls make a mine ungriefable already....there's currently no way in the game to dig up into a floor from below, since you have to break into tiles from the side no matter what.

So are you saying this is a new way to protect your mine when the entrance is open?  So people can't just wander in and wreck the floor?  Because reinforced floors won't stop anyone from mining into your mine will they?

yeah the point of reinforcing floors its not to prevent people from mining into the mine but for preventing people from mining down to water.very usefull on public mines and for villages that recruit new players.

This is exactly why people are excited over this. The public mine at Tap Dance is near unusable, I imagine other starter towns are as well. 

Additionally it's helpful when you have villagers or people other than yourself with access to your mine. I wish I'd have had this before someone I gave access to decided it was a great idea to mine the floors below water level...

I love the coming updates, the people making bulk items and want to transport them and crafters got all the love, but the breeders still have to haul max 3 animals at a time.

Large crates with 300 items... could I combine cotton to max weight and put 300 of it into a large crate?

I'm really excited about wagons and crates.  I'm a little uncertain about the crafting interface, but it's got to be be better than the current one.  The biggest gripe I have with the current interface is that the items keep on shuffling order.  For example, when I'm chiseling stone into bricks, the location of bricks in the final menu create > misc > stone bricks is different every time.  I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally crafted something *other* than a stone brick when I was trying to craft a lot of them for a project.  Having to constantly look for the right item to craft (and having them listed in a random order that changes every time) takes a job like that from merely tedious to rather aggravating.  

Oh!  And I am EXTREMELY excited about the vinvite command.  Given that the roads from my deed to Green Dog change so often that the cartographers are hard-pressed to keep up with them, being able to invite new villagers via chat and teleport them to my village will make adding new players (I'm always inviting my friends to start playing Wurm) much easier and more convenient.  

Edited by LadyCygnet

Gonna ask one last time, will the new ship textures be in this update?

Initially it will be the loading feature, I  can now go back to my original deed and recover everything I had to leave behind when I moved to my new bigger deed. That will be good.

Protected mine floors, awesome, I can open up my mine to morons now and not have to worry about them digging huge trap holes in the floor, excellent.

Wagons are just awesome as are the boat carriers.

Not too fussed about the crafting interface just seems to make it simpler to play the game and I like the fact there is a load of stuff to remember tbh, so the jury's out on that one atm.

Crates are always great.

Overall great work guys and thanks for the continued improvements.

Currently on test - you can fit 9 large crates in a Wagon, I managed to fit 150 shards in a large crate before it said I couldn't put anymore. I went round and grabbed up anything I could. The speed with 4 un-traited horses was 10.8 and didn't change with weight.To note, the crate that has the huge weight on it had 296 logs.

http://imgur.com/a/YjDKe#0

Currently on test - you can fit 9 large crates in a Wagon, I managed to fit 150 shards in a large crate before it said I couldn't put anymore. I went round and grabbed up anything I could. The speed with 4 un-traited horses was 10.8 and didn't change with weight.To note, the crate that has the huge weight on it had 296 logs.

ty for the info

Any word on how many fit in a cart? :)

If a wagon is topping out at under 17km/hr with traited and equipped horses, i'll probably never use one :/

Reinforced cave floors \0/ oh and newbie teleportation :D +1k <3 lots of hearts

Edited by Aeris

Dev said wagons would be faster then large carts.  A large cart with: 2 venerable, 5 speed horse, 80+ ql and 90~ish woa shoes,  can go upwards of 20 km/h. I release this test used low end elements. But just for good measure, please stick with the original plan of having wagons be faster then large carts.

Wagons need to go at least 22-24 km/h with high end items.

Large crates with 300 items... could I combine cotton to max weight and put 300 of it into a large crate?

Cotton is going to be one of the more advantageous items you can ship in a crate. There is no need to combine it. You just drag it from one container into the crate. I"m not sure how dragging from a BSB to a Crate will work. Last time I tested it (like a month ago) you need to withdraw from the BSB into inventory first then drag again into the Crate. This sequence is pretty much the same as we are used too. To put it another way, based on when I last tested it, moving from bulk container to bulk container doesn't apparently use the container to container movement utility.

Like I've said in the past, using item count as a limiter on crates will create an unbalanced situation where somethings are very good to ship in crates (cotton, dirt, shards) while other things will be better off using rafts + satchels (most farm crops).

Edited by joedobo

BSB - Crate and Crate - BSB is through inventory. My suggestion would be to load bulk items for transport directly into a Crate.

"Reinforced floors can be removed with 21 body strength, strongwall cast, or a shaker orb. It's mainly a protection against newbies mining the floor. You can only create them with support beams."

Sounds like a good way to implement the new mine floor reinforcements then, as usually newbies or f2p accounts are the ones runining mine floors. A great addition!

=Ayes=

I just realized something. Not happy at all about the update now.... It's on the 18 th. That's after my three day weekend. And from 18 th till 28 th. I have to work overtime. For inventory at my work. So I'll have to wait till march to play :-(. Well at least all the server crashes will be fixed by then

• Like 1

Gonna ask one last time, will the new ship textures be in this update?

No, the new ship models will be released somewhere between 1.2 and 1.3

I guess these new ship carriers will just have a generic small boat as the image? It looks like the boat seen in the pic is one of the new sailboats but if you were to put a caravel on that thing then you would not be able to see to drive if you were riding on it. 

Edited by Kegan

I guess these new ship carriers will just have a generic small boat as the image? It looks like the boat seen in the pic is one of the new sailboats but if you were to put a caravel on that thing then you would not be able to see to drive if you were riding on it. 

Correct  shows a generic boat when a boat is loaded ;)

• Like 1