Sign in to follow this  
Becket

Making Pristine And Release Connected To The Freedom Cluster?

With the more wealthy getting multiple votes! Again we see the unbalance inherent in the system!

The wealthy having more influence? In a democracy? That's never happened before.

• Like 1

Each paying account contributes to the success of Wurm equally. There is no way to give a single person one vote.

I think letting a handful of forum dominating posters / "squeeky wheeles" decided whats best for everyone else is far worse then letting someone who has 10 accounts have 9 extra votes.

btw...I only have one sometimes two accounts premium. And I have no problem with some rich player having more votes just because he or she has more accounts.

Oh, I forgot to mention IRC which includes both private message makers and those who can overpower general chat.

Its simply bad practice to let such groups biased developers into thinking their views are what commodity majority wants. If developers are willing to listen to community desire for some issue, then that influence and information should be comprised of the largest sample of the community as possible.

Listen Connecting them will have a small effect right now at best as their are already decently skilled players in just about anything and everything atm.

1.  It may reduce Trader Payouts as more people come and plant Traders.

2. The Players enjoying Top Dog 90+ atm will have to compete with everyone.

3. Prices will drop a little and be more affordable for New Players.

In other words at this point anyone not wanting to connect them is just protecting their stake on the server, but can you blame them???

• Like 1

Vynora cartel? Lol. Seriously?

I'm on the fence about connecting them.

Needs that in game vote.

Whether the vote is done in game or via forums doesn't matter, the end result is going to stay the same. If you believe different, then stop and think about how many players support the merge and how many oppose it. Even with the forum poll being inaccurate due to forum alts on both sides of the argument, the overwhelming response was "yes, merge the servers". That's not going to change because of needing a premium account to vote.

It's obviously all about vested interest, right? 

There are a lot more people that want to see the clusters merged because of existing land ownership and for reasons such as hunting than there are people that don't want to see the merge because of penned dragons and delusional paranoia that the old cluster player base will snatch all the free land up. Those people are going to use coin to sway the vote, just like they used forum alts. 

Now, I waited 5 years for multistorey, waited 6+ years for bridges...hell, I waited 3 months for the dev team to fix their screw up with floorboards. 3 months! If that's any indication of development speed around here, asking me to wait until an in-game polling system is created (which may take a year or more from now) is ridiculous. Especially when we all know the outcome of the poll.

Just merge the goddamn things and get it done with. It was stated from the very beginning that it was going to be done, and regardless of that fact, there is going to be a group of people who will be unhappy with the decision anyway... whether you merged initially, six months ago, today, tomorrow, or three years from now. They'll have to get over it..

Lastly, to the folks going on about how traders will be planted to suck the server dry:
Anyone that wants to place a trader on that cluster and funnel the coin over can easily do so right now. You don't think the people that wanted to place traders haven't already?

The wealthy having more influence? In a democracy? That's never happened before.

Assuming one can find a true democracy, the United States of America is not. It is a constitutional republic with a representative democracy built into the legislative branch (At least thats what the Illuminati want you to believe). B)

Still money does talk pretty loud. Greed... the universal language.

Whether the vote is done in game or via forums doesn't matter, the end result is going to stay the same. If you believe different, then stop and think about how many players support the merge and how many oppose it. Even with the forum poll being inaccurate due to forum alts on both sides of the argument, the overwhelming response was "yes, merge the servers". That's not going to change because of needing a premium account to vote.

It's obviously all about vested interest, right? 

There are a lot more people that want to see the clusters merged because of existing land ownership and for reasons such as hunting than there are people that don't want to see the merge because of penned dragons and delusional paranoia that the old cluster player base will snatch all the free land up. Those people are going to use coin to sway the vote, just like they used forum alts. 

Now, I waited 5 years for multistorey, waited 6+ years for bridges...hell, I waited 3 months for the dev team to fix their screw up with floorboards. 3 months! If that's any indication of development speed around here, asking me to wait until an in-game polling system is created (which may take a year or more from now) is ridiculous. Especially when we all know the outcome of the poll.

Just merge the goddamn things and get it done with. It was stated from the very beginning that it was going to be done, and regardless of that fact, there is going to be a group of people who will be unhappy with the decision anyway... whether you merged initially, six months ago, today, tomorrow, or three years from now. They'll have to get over it..

Lastly, to the folks going on about how traders will be planted to suck the server dry:

Anyone that wants to place a trader on that cluster and funnel the coin over can easily do so right now. You don't think the people that wanted to place traders haven't already?

Well basically some have already planted many trader deeds from the get go and have alts draining them until they connect so you are right about that point.

Not everyone has come over with an alt and planted deeds,traders,etc....So there will be some of that going on right after they connect.

The bump of Traders will come with more people moving over as they always do initially as they move in.

The Nice part will be the extra bump of payout  for those with Traders already from the new deeds planted over the first month or two.

After that things will cool down a little more on Payouts so plan for it once they connect them.

Edited by Protunia

i have lived on pristine/release since it launched. i at first was wanting the servers connected to indy/rest of freedom but now i am not sure. i sorta like knowing that we have our own sever and space. humm what to do , what to do...

Orly......thats not a lot of mobs btw.

o_O just goes to show how pathetic the hunting on the Chaos server is. I've seen a few Freedom folk say these pictures are not that crazy yet everyone who sees the pictures on Chaos immediately jizzes themselves. It looks like FS heaven in comparison!

o_O just goes to show how pathetic the hunting on the Chaos server is. I've seen a few Freedom folk say these pictures are not that crazy yet everyone who sees the pictures on Chaos immediately jizzes themselves. It looks like FS heaven in comparison!

Pristine desert is good hunts, don't let Protunia tell you otherwise.

I've told you before that the north Exo desert is pretty decent, so long as no one has gone in there within the past few days to clear it out.

Once again this issue comes up and except for Kegan I don't see many people from the new servers here saying connect.

Last time I voted no and than afterword when thinking it through I realized the only reason I said no was because I don't like

people from outside coming and telling me what to do. Imagine if for some reason it was decided we should vote to isolate exodus and celebration from the rest

of the servers and those living there voted no but a majority of people from the other servers voted yes. Would members of those two servers feel like they had been listened to

or were just being told to shutup and do what the rest of us say.

Lets drop the subject and wait til Rolf decides its time.

The strength in the in-game polling system is that Wurm can attach statistics to each vote that can not be faked. No form poll has ever shown what the majority of players on pristine/release want. As it was pointed out in the last poll, its obvious what the outcome will be when you ask a population that comprises of more then half of votes who don't care or won't be affected by the change.

The servers were intentionally separated and customers appreciated this by choosing to play on those servers. I think it would be best if we kept honoring those customer's wishes and let them decided if the servers should be connected.

It doesn't matter what the affect may or may not be: dragons, traders, whatever. All that counts is what do the players on pristine and release want? No forum poll can answer this question.

The strength in the in-game polling system is that Wurm can attach statistics to each vote that can not be faked. No form poll has ever shown what the majority of players on pristine/release want. As it was pointed out in the last poll, its obvious what the outcome will be when you ask a population that comprises of more then half of votes who don't care or won't be affected by the change.

The servers were intentionally separated and customers appreciated this by choosing to play on those servers. I think it would be best if we kept honoring those customer's wishes and let them decided if the servers should be connected.

It doesn't matter what the affect may or may not be: dragons, traders, whatever. All that counts is what do the players on pristine and release want? No forum poll can answer this question.

What if I told you I am currently a paying player and deed holder of the Pristine & Release cluster, as well as the main cluster?

What if I told you I was willing to make 10 more premium accounts just to help sway the outcome of the in-game vote? 

*Insert morpheusmeme.jpg*

Once again this issue comes up and except for Kegan I don't see many people from the new servers here saying connect.

Last time I voted no and than afterword when thinking it through I realized the only reason I said no was because I don't like

people from outside coming and telling me what to do. Imagine if for some reason it was decided we should vote to isolate exodus and celebration from the rest

of the servers and those living there voted no but a majority of people from the other servers voted yes. Would members of those two servers feel like they had been listened to

or were just being told to shutup and do what the rest of us say.

Lets drop the subject and wait til Rolf decides its time.

The reason i am saying go ahead is because it is not going to change anything but give me a better pool to buy from. The only thing that is left that is at a higher price point right now is enchanted tools and they are not far off from freedom.

The only other thing is the dragons but as soon as it is announced that there is going to be some new way to handle them they will be killed the same day. They are not held by new players that don't know what they are doing they are being kept by old players and i am sure they have contingency plans in place.

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

Rolf clearly stated on release of the servers they would be merged but broken promises and Rolf are nothing new.

Before Pristine was even launched it was stated that it Would be connected to the main cluster, not might / maybe or possibly , but would.

I for one started on Pristine knowing it Would be connected and i could at some point later have the use of my main ( on Cele atm) and his gear on Pristine.

I still say that it should be connected sooner rather than later. It really won't knock out the market as some people claim, in fact it will open up the market for goods and give more options to the buyers.

As for " land grab" that people are fearing , lol, if they don't already have the space they wanted on Pristine or Release, then why not , it has been a year+ already.

Edited by Kediec

Ingame voting system doesn't help much. When you put majority to vote over minority, the outcome is clear even without wasting time on the vote itself. That doesn't necessarily mean, it is always good idea to do as majority wants. The vote, if it is being held, should be done among pristine/release players.

To Rolf it is probably good lesson to not make any promises. What might be good idea at one point, might not be so good some time later. But when you are bound to a promise, it is pretty difficult situation and you are limiting your own options with that. :)

• Like 2

At last Q&A this was asked to Rolf:

[19:00:07] <Docterchese> >> When is the vote on merging Pristine and Release with the other freedom servers going to happen again? If they won't be connected for a while, would you consider one-way travel from Pristine and Release to the other servers?

[19:01:26] <Rolf> we will have to code an ingame voting system first

[19:01:53] <Rolf> no travel until then

[19:02:00] <Rolf> or change

[19:02:41] <Rolf> partly in order to avoid spagetti code due to more exceptions in the portal code

[19:03:00] <Rolf> at least that's how i think now

[19:03:01] <Rolf> .

Mabey that's why Chaos's stupid server border issues haven't been solved yet, the spagetti code part.... lol

Well carry on gents, just remember it up to the servers in question.   TBH I personally hope they can join the rest of the cluster, I think it is time they considered it, but I don't see any rush it all up to them.    

The only other thing is the dragons but as soon as it is announced that there is going to be some new way to handle them they will be killed the same day. They are not held by new players that don't know what they are doing they are being kept by old players and i am sure they have contingency plans in place.

In a game with some pretty major screwed up things.  Dragons are probably the biggest.  From the rather bad AI they have and rules the dragons live by to the extrordinary amount of money they can be worth.  How much of the vote can be traced back to whether or not to bring that much potential drake/scale over to the main cluster at this time?  Probably alot more than it is worth, Rolf is best served deleting the remaining dragons with a keystroke and the game would be a better place without them.

Just connect them up already and stop messing about :)

I think Pristine and Release were created separately solely to force people to create brand new premium characters.

Ok, we get it.  Now pull them into the cluster with the 1.2 update so we can all trade like friends.  I am sure many of them want to be Released from their not-so Pristine prison.

Edited by Eyesgood

Orly......thats not a lot of mobs btw.

Also as soon as they do get connected you'll have 40-50 other yahoos coming and that group you see there or anywhere else wont be around for long.

Not to mention...deeding and breeding/hoarding...etc..will reduce clustered areas as well.

That area looks like no one has deeded it yet for trader bait just wait it'll happen just like the other servers.

This, soon as they are connected that will be gone. If that is the reason for connecting, it is not a bad one, just not very good.