Sign in to follow this  
wolfersmcwolf

Separate Epic and Freedom suggestion subthreads!

Subthreads  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Separate sub threads!

• Heck yes!
    • No man!

I don't see the need to split the PVE-PVP code, only the Epic-Freedom code. Aside from some sort of code split, I'd like to see an entire new forum for Epic people only. This forum remains Freedom's.

We're playing 2 different games here, and this thread topic is just more proof. Anyone who says different is kidding themselves.

A select few people have grudges against PvP because of one or two minor inconveniences that nobody on PvP servers asked for. Nobody wanted the tower guard change, but now that it's added, it's absolute irrefutable proof that Freedomers are oppressed and hated by the devs. So they feel the need to derail PvP threads and insult the way others play the game without adding any constructive criticism. Until this small but very vocal group of people grows up, not much will change. And yes, the pettiness goes both ways, but in recent weeks it's been absolutely ridiculous trying to wade through the anti-PvP nonsense floating around.

Actually one person asked for this and after it was asked to be changed some other people voiced it should be kept as it is. All because of PvP issues (something about chaos having too many towers).

And the anti-pvp "nonsense" makes actual sense if you account to how many changes (read man hours) are made in every patch to cater for the PvP crowd while they are way less than half the population. So in a very real sense the pve players are sponsoring the PvP game play while continuously having to deal with issues derived from the PvP aspect.

I don't see the need to split the PVE-PVP code, only the Epic-Freedom code. Aside from some sort of code split, I'd like to see an entire new forum for Epic people only. This forum remains Freedom's.

We're playing 2 different games here, and this thread topic is just more proof. Anyone who says different is kidding themselves.

Not really. Most of the stuff from epic would be welcomed on PvE servers, without many issues. Problem is Rolf promotes this segregation for whatever strange reasons.

I mean, except from PvP itself, most of what goes on on epic would probably be welcome on Freedom (perhaps even the curve, or a more reasonable way of dealing with it) yet for some reason Rolf decided to create a whole new thing apart from the older servers. Probably in hopes to revive the older scheme of things with home servers and wild as the disputed land, with proper PvP. Problem is the core issues with PvP weren't deal with. So basically he created a easier version of Wurm with PvP all over. And for as many baubles and shinnies he adds its still the same game with the same PvP issues and as such the same lack of players.

Like Wolfer said, maybe its time to take a break on the band-aids and CPR on the current dieing PvP (lets face it, those who like it are playing it now, and not many more are going to follow) and start planning and designing a actual balanced, competitive PvP game play that will attract new blood, and people that enjoy real, balanced and competitive PvP.

And sure enough trying to block out said new blood from the debate on changes to PvP, is not how you'll get that done.

Edited by KanePT
  • Like 2

Actually one person asked for this and after it was asked to be changed some other people voiced it should be kept as it is. All because of PvP issues (something about chaos having too many towers).

And the anti-pvp "nonsense" makes actual sense if you account to how many changes (read man hours) are made in every patch to cater for the PvP crowd while they are way less than half the population. So in a very real sense the pve players are sponsoring the PvP game play while continuously having to deal with issues derived from the PvP aspect.

Not really. Most of the stuff from epic would be welcomed on PvE servers, without many issues. Problem is Rolf promotes this segregation for whatever strange reasons.

I mean, except from PvP itself, most of what goes on on epic would probably be welcome on Freedom (perhaps even the curve, or a more reasonable way of dealing with it) yet for some reason Rolf decided to create a whole new thing apart from the older servers. Probably in hopes to revive the older scheme of things with home servers and wild as the disputed land, with proper PvP. Problem is the core issues with PvP weren't deal with. So basically he created a easier version of Wurm with PvP all over. And for as many baubles and shinnies he adds its still the same game with the same PvP issues and as such the same lack of players.

Like Wolfer said, maybe its time to take a break on the band-aids and CPR on the current dieing PvP (lets face it, those who like it are playing it now, and not many more are going to follow) and start planning and designing a actual balanced, competitive PvP game play that will attract new blood, and people that enjoy real, balanced and competitive PvP.

And sure enough trying to block out said new blood from the debate on changes to PvP, is not how you'll get that done.

Talking about anti-PvPers doing forum PvP...

Talking about anti-PvPers doing forum PvP...

You mistake me for someone else. I'm utterly pro PvP. Currently the games i'm playing is LoL, Battlefield, Dawn of War 2 (last stand - not really PvP, but meh) and Wurm. I like PvP, i dislike the poor excuse for PvP wurm has and the waste of effort put into trying to improve it with bits and bobs while the true flaws lie at the core of the game and the mechanics.

Finally i'm sorry if the facts i wrote hurt your poor feelings.

Edited by KanePT

I like PvP, i dislike the poor excuse for PvP wurm has and the waste of effort put into trying to improve it with bits and bobs while the true flaws lie at the core of the game and the mechanics.

If other people's ideas aren't enough, why not make a thread of your own? And out of curiosity, have you actually taken part in PvP in the past?

If other people's ideas aren't enough, why not make a thread of your own? And out of curiosity, have you actually taken part in PvP in the past?

You seem to be on some hunt here.....what the hell does it matter if anyone has PvP'd period in Wurm.

You can tell just from fighting a stupid mob how cheesy the combat is.

Its old outdated and frankly needs a major overhaul....SO get off this have you PvP'd in Wurm....

Many of us have PvP'd in More than a few games Pal.

Wurm Combat is old and stale and really does not appeal to many people as shown by YOUR POPULATIONS.

You want MOAR PVP....Improve the Combat System and get over this BS about trying to point fingers at anyone at all if they dont like the way Combat is in Wurm.

I can tell you this much after playing Age Of Conan and Asherons Call for a long time I wont touch another PvP MMO until I see more Real Time Combat...or at least the effort to make the Combat more fluid and reactionary.  Yes more like a FPS.

Screw Wack A Mole......its lame end of story.  If I wanted that crap I'd be playing Warhammer.....

Suggestion forums are for all people because it effects Wurm Period end of story.

There is no exclusive club of idea's that might make Wurm better or expand the Population and bottom line.

Edited by Protunia
  • Like 1

You mistake me for someone else. I'm utterly pro PvP. Currently the games i'm playing is LoL, Battlefield, Dawn of War 2 (last stand - not really PvP, but meh) and Wurm. I like PvP, i dislike the poor excuse for PvP wurm has and the waste of effort put into trying to improve it with bits and bobs while the true flaws lie at the core of the game and the mechanics.

Finally i'm sorry if the facts i wrote hurt your poor feelings.

Oh, you didn't hurt my feelings too much internet to let those get hurt.

But yes, you are anti-PvP, or let me rephrase, you are anti-Wurm-PvP which at the end of the day is anti-PvP.

So as Fawkes kindly suggest you, go and make another thread about how bad Wurm combat system is, instead of discussing that topic in a thread about having a separate suggestions sub-forum.

And there is in this thread so much bait.

I don't necessarily agree with the OP but one thing that is frustrating is genuinely good suggestions that everyone agrees with get flushed out by hundreds of people posting random suggestions; I think there needs to be a way to categorize the suggestions. As an example:

Suggestions and Ideas

* New feature suggestions

* Changes to existing features

* Imbalances and bugs

As an example something that is really dumb is a glimmer longsword has the same swing timer as a glimmer shortsword or small maul; I would see this as a imbalance but can't be bothered harassing Rolf in IRC about it and if I posted about it in the suggestions forum it'd just get drowned out to the bottom. On the other hand if there was a 'imbalances' section where things like this were specifically posted it would have more chance of getting noticed.

Furthermore suggestions like allowing PMK rulers to change their titles; putting more items into a trash heap so they are useful; allowing people to pick up trees from a further distance away (which all had unanimous support) would not get drowned out too as they would be in a 'changes to existing features' section with less activity.

I strongly believe that Wurm needs to focus on fixing what we already have instead of adding mountains and mountains of more useless features; and because unfortunately that is what the suggestion forum is full of lately all of the good threads in here get almost no attention.

• Like 1

all of the good threads in here get almost no attention.

That means they aren't good suggestions, or have no reason to be discussed. >_<

And yeah, I know many PVE players on here that are old hardcore PvPers that know what they're doing, but we have no interest in the current "lmao!" Pvp. Sure, there is skill involved somewhere in that text, but really... I can't stand not seeing animations, having no combat moves/spells, ect. It's no different then fighting a Mob.

As much as I see here kane point out the flaws if only suggestion forum separated, explaining why some pve players feels neglected, and what he personally think of wurm pvp including why it is not popular. Then you people goes again throwing rotten tomatoes at each others *sighs*.

Would agree with Kane, what needed is less bandaids aka easiest solution implemented and more aware that there is this community gap DEVS create. Like the guard tower thing is great way to make newbies suffer on epic servers that have more mobs than chaos and have no trouble of spawns reside around enemies guard towers..

• Like 1