Sign in to follow this  
wolfersmcwolf

Separate Epic and Freedom suggestion subthreads!

Subthreads  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Separate sub threads!

• Heck yes!
    • No man!

Reading all these suggestions I see, a lot are for PVP, and looking on the posts made to those PVP suggestions I seen noob freedomers being annoying and derailing the heck out of the posts and giving their useless 2 cents about something they don't even take part in.    Wurm forums should have a seperate Epic and Freedom/chaos suggestion sub categories.

• Like 1

The issue there is suggestions do affect both servers, and very few freedomers give a -1 just because its pvp related.

that said, -1 from me

• Like 1

Or just state that it's for epic only at the start of the thread, freedomers are allowed to put their input, lots of updates that are supposed to be for epic/chaos end up being for freedom too.

I still think it is better for all players of the game to post in the suggestions, because some people do not ever link their accounts to the PvP server private forums.

Yet these players do play on PvP Servers,  Also you have players that may one day move to PvP servers if the game is changed or they get the skills.

Having suggestions for Wurm PvP be only controlled by a Select Group would in the end Ruin Wurm PvP for many other potential players I think.

Btw they did try have a Private Council to make changes to PvP a long while ago.....That failed Miserably.

You need outside input away from all the political crap, one sided forums barrages, threats, etc of posts that happens.

Suggestion in Suggestion thread asking for votes from freedomers - YOU HAS NO CHANCE.

+1 i think Rolf needs to hire  or assign someone to pvp ideas on a separate thread so things that impact pvp can be looked into as a priority .... not as an after thought

+1 tired of Epic players trolling the suggestion theads while claiming we aren't allowed into their forum section because we don't play on Epic

• Like 1

Eh, the whole epic vs freedomers are the problem of people mentality not the suggestions. If freedomers and epicers doesn't stop looking each others as sort of one child get more than others the whole problems will go away. And this suggestion is just going to divide the players more.

Funny how I played in both servers then some epic players accused of not playing in pvp, very harshly. On another hand, when I spend some time on pvp, some freedom players called me playing on some sort of not-real servers. Excellent attitudes. Glad it is not everyone.

Edited by rosedragon
  • Like 1

+1 Protunia style

No it doesnt make sense why PvE players should heavily affect PVP suggestions / polls simply cause they dont like the sound of it (suggestion) or that they always feel They Know Better then actual ppl playing on pvp servers!

Since there are far more freedomers then pvp players, They Do derail and affect suggestions negatively.

And what about all those complaints thats pvp updates screws over freedom servers? Split code updates to epic - chaos - freedom and have darn suggestions/changes for Server specific only. Current system is just ineffective and must be remade.

Edited by DonAngelo

As a solely Epic player, 

We don't need more separation. Things that are added to the game as a whole, affect epic, and freedom both, as well as an potential future clusters. Any suggestions for just one cluster, that would not affect the others, need only state, Freedom, or Epic, in the title, or at the top of the post. If a poster is so scared to hear the criticisms of one cluster or another to their idea, then they must realize the faults in their idea. 

If the issue is with derailment, then I suggest a simple identification of players, non-optional, to which cluster they primarily play on. Tie forum accounts to ingame accounts (just like how we verify ours on epic), and whichever has more playtime on it in the past 12 months, is your active cluster. Then it would be very easy indeed, to see where the support, dissent, and trolling was coming from toward suggestions.

• Like 1

+1

After see how Wurm staff manage its community, and that they are still promoting confrontation(whether it be wanting to have that effect or just by idleness) between the two parts, having separate  sub-forums would save up a lot of flaming that pass unmoderated.

I think this would not be necessary if we had a better moderation of the forums, and devs that are more aware of their actions.

And yes, I could blame the player base (Epic and Freedom) and that would be easy, but I prefer to blame the ones that are in the driver seat, that in the end, their decisions are the ones that really affect us all, epics and freedomers alike.

+1

After see how Wurm staff manage its community, and that they are still promoting confrontation(whether it be wanting to have that effect or just by idleness) between the two parts, having separate  sub-forums would save up a lot of flaming that pass unmoderated.

I think this would not be necessary if we had a better moderation of the forums, and devs that are more aware of their actions.

And yes, I could blame the player base (Epic and Freedom) and that would be easy, but I prefer to blame the ones that are in the driver seat, that in the end, their decisions are the ones that really affect us all, epics and freedomers alike.

hmm......... SO you would Like a Forums where anyone who got permission to post on the PvP forums cannot post on???  Interesting.

Then again not allowing any posts about Freedom things from PvP Server players might actually help in some ways at times.

Yeah might be worth a shot actually if done right. :D  Block all Epic and Chaos Posters from Posting on Freedom Suggestions!!!!

Then we can make a little Suggestion board down in their Private Forums area and see how it goes for awhile.

-1 for seperate suggestions section

Things that are added to the game as a whole, affect epic, and freedom both, as well as an potential future clusters. Any suggestions for just one cluster, that would not affect the others, need only state, Freedom, or Epic, in the title, or at the top of the post. If a poster is so scared to hear the criticisms of one cluster or another to their idea, then they must realize the faults in their idea.

hmm......... SO you would Like a Forums where anyone who got permission to post on the PvP forums cannot post on???

What? I said having a sub-forum for suggestions for the Epic cluster and another for Freedom, read again please.

Then again not allowing any posts about Freedom things from PvP Server players might actually help in some ways at times.

Yeah might be worth a shot actually if done right. :D  Block all Epic and Chaos Posters from Posting on Freedom Suggestions!!!!

Then we can make a little Suggestion board down in their Private Forums area and see how it goes for awhile.

We would save up posts loaded with sarcasm and aggressive flaming intentions, that helps nothing more that making my point.

I pity the person that has to moderate a PvP players only, forum area, dedicated to suggestions to change PvP mechanics.

The idea of having all the epic trolls (starting with the OP) out of the freedom forums is tempting, but a -1 from me

• Like 3

Split the code already!

first split the code so changes to pvp really dont affect pve servers,and then this would really work

• Like 1

Split the code already!

It's already split, splitting it even more results in code that's really had to maintain with so few devs (who don't really specialize in just Epic or just Freedom).

Well seem to be enough people making bridges, designing more carts, adding new graphics to things that were fine. We need Devs who know the technical aspects and can fix bugs and fix existing features.

Eh, the whole epic vs freedomers are the problem of people mentality not the suggestions. If freedomers and epicers doesn't stop looking each others as sort of one child get more than others the whole problems will go away. And this suggestion is just going to divide the players more.

I would much rather see that the code was separated so that decisions that will affect Freedom gameplay won't suffer when the Epic players get their way, but until then it would be better if the suggestion sections were separated.

What I most of all would want would be so that the community wasn't so heavily segregated, but as it is now we have this arbitrary segregation where Epic players have a say in anything that Freedom players do but not vice versa. It leads to a lot of arguments since there are heavy differences in how the game is played on Epic and Freedom and Epic suggestions and opinions find their way into the suggestions that would affect Freedom gameplay in a largely negative way. And I know - Freedom PvE players can't enter the PvP sections either, but the difference is that the PvP game on Chaos is based on largely the same playing style as PvE with the exception of PvP. The PvP suggestions therefore don't affect PvE negatively in the same way (apart from things that happen because of the non-separated code such as boat-towing) so there isn't the kind of trolling in the forum section as we currently see from Epic players. Perhaps it is not always meant as trolling either so I will try to not be too judgemental there, but it sure comes across as it when people argue for 2 pages from an Epic point of view over something that would affect Freedom PvE heavily. Expecially when it is suggested in the thread that "this is crap, make it Freedom only" as I have seen on several occasions lately.

Look at it any way you want - Childish bickering, tired clichés or logical reasoning, it all leads to the same conclusion: Separating the suggestions section is the best way to go until a better way is found.

I disagree Aeris. Its quite plain to see that Rolf coddles the PvP aspect of the game, flawed as it might be, its still his lovechild.

The result of this is the huge negative impact of "PvP balancing" changes on PvE servers, if PvE players can't have a say on those threads, then you'll have even more issues like that.

I mean if Rolf basically nerfed tower guards into uselessness based on A SINGLE post on a PvP suggestion thread, imagine how badly the PvE servers would suffer if all PvP suggestions had no input from PvE players. Until the devs start separating the changes so they work differently on PvP and PvE servers, separating the suggestion threads would be a big no-no.

I won't even go to the point that PvP servers have half the pop of PvE servers or less, and that input from PvE players that might actually want to play PvP if it wasn't so flawed might improve on the game itself.

Well seem to be enough people making bridges, designing more carts, adding new graphics to things that were fine. We need Devs who know the technical aspects and can fix bugs and fix existing features.

New models/texture are completely unrelated and have nothing to do with this, because it's a bunch of other people who work on this. Whatever they're working on doesn't affect game mechanic bugs or new features

A select few people have grudges against PvP because of one or two minor inconveniences that nobody on PvP servers asked for. Nobody wanted the tower guard change, but now that it's added, it's absolute irrefutable proof that Freedomers are oppressed and hated by the devs. So they feel the need to derail PvP threads and insult the way others play the game without adding any constructive criticism. Until this small but very vocal group of people grows up, not much will change. And yes, the pettiness goes both ways, but in recent weeks it's been absolutely ridiculous trying to wade through the anti-PvP nonsense floating around.

• Like 2

we need to allocate a dev team for pve and one for PVP, perhaps then wurms bugs would start getting fixed. I know wurm dosent have the sort of team that can just do something like this, but wurm is still a bleeding dog, and its gonna bleed out sooner or later, putting bandages on it like we have been doing for the longest time wont work for much longer