Sign in to follow this  
baileytheferret

Prices too high...so long....

Sure is alot of suckups in this thread...

Rolf is god, almighty god, he does nothing wrong

Edited by WesncIsMe

Sure is alot of suckups in this thread...

Rolf is god, almighty god, he does nothing wrong

Rolf has nothing to do with being able to afford a saw buck a month for a game. Maybe she could get a job or do some chores at home for an allowance? Or perhaps get a loan from her boyfriend?

Rolf has nothing to do with being able to afford a saw buck a month for a game. Maybe she could get a job or do some chores at home for an allowance? Or perhaps get a loan from her boyfriend?

Loan? From a boyfriend? Pfft. They don't loan, just hemorage money in hopes to make the girl stay.

• Like 1

Heaven forbid one socializes with other players... *gasp* *shudder* Oh the horror!

Ive rarely ever owned more than one or two priests in all my years playing Wurm, and even then its for priests that are uncommon elsewhere.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

Hi,

To experience all the game has to offer its more expensive then all subscriptions based MMO's (10 USD to 15 USD). In Wurm your looking at (again experience all the game has to offer) 3 priests, 1 crafter, 1 large deed (5s upkeep, I"m not counting the initial funding cost), a couple silvers to trade ~ 40 € or 54 $ per month. You could plan things out and rotate premium on priests so you only have the crafter and one priest per month. That would bring it down to ~ 23 € or  31$.

You're right for a certain mindset, but I'd still think you're grossly exaggerating.

From my view many ppl already play as part of a 'private community' (hubby - wifey at most, or buddy - buddy), and thus don't need a full sets of priests each. 1 working char, 1 priest each works nicely. You don't need all kinds of priests, ask your neighbors, and barter!

Besides, a 5S deed is just madness - for 1S only you get 500 tiles already - who needs 2500? For sure, you have to get rid of your mobs for yourself, and, if you cannot do, face the shame to hire a ghost. For 1S more.

Two prem players (friends/ couple), allied, with deeds carefully placed to each other, can claim quite a piece of land.

But still you are right, the costs are ways higher meanwhile compared to even the AAA+ MMO titles. 1 crafter, 1 priest, and a min-wage deed = 17 EUR/ a month. (in your friendly neighborhood MMO you'll get a whole bunch of chars, and some nice goodies for it ...)

Would all be OK IMHO (because Wurm is just special), if Wurm would deliver an adequate service. But it doesn't. Blackouts any other weekend, and constant spontaneous, uncalled for nerfs to all, because some special ppl out of a tiny minority (beloved by the maker = certain PvP chars) lost a battle again, and then was loud enough in IRC, again.

This sucks. And the common weekend disco sucks. And the common refresh lag sucks.

Rolf is meanwhile charging MORE than your friendly neighborhood AAA+ MMO, for just a fraction of the service.
Even if we put the barrier lower than you did, JoeDobo, this is not good, IMHO.

Announcing something for prime rates +, and then offering a service not even worth third rate, this rarely ever was a good, lasting business idea.

Wurm is a unique game, guess we agree. This is why it's still here, and why I still pay 4 prems and 5 deeds (with my partner).

But with every nerf (hell horses now plain horses with different skin, just ways more difficult to ride, for instance) and with every weekend downtime we're more and more prone to look after alternatives. We have the money to pay, and we pay happily, but we expect an adequate service.

And if such isn't delivered, we might leave one day or the other, hearts bleeding, for brighter lands.

Have fun!

• Like 3

You way over exaggerate the price, but yes wurm is over priced for the service you get now.

To experience all the game has to offer its more expensive then all subscriptions based MMO's (10 USD to 15 USD). In Wurm your looking at (again experience all the game has to offer) 3 priests, 1 crafter, 1 large deed (5s upkeep, I"m not counting the initial funding cost), a couple silvers to trade ~ 40 € or 54 $ per month. You could plan things out and rotate premium on priests so you only have the crafter and one priest per month. That would bring it down to ~ 23 € or  31$.

Who says you have to do it all at the same time?

My main toon has been priested more than once. The only thing you lose on de-priesting is faith and that is easy enough to restore when you re-priest. Of course you need to be a member of a community when you do it this way but that is one of the games big draws for me, being part of a community.

I dunno. I prem erm roughly 5 toons. Still cheaper for me than crappy Xbox games that are done in 3 hours or steam sales where I used buy 10 games, download 2 and play 1. Wurm is relativly cheap imo when I factor how long I spend playing

Wurm is not expensive?

Try saying that when you have to balance on your head a plethora of bills, living expenses, car registration/insurance & maintenance and girlfriend whilst combating rising petrol prices, rising living expenses, increased rent and the declining value of the Australian dollar.

It costs me my entire weekly entertainment budget just to fill up my car with E10 petrol... and I need my car for work and to get around!

• Like 1

Well its all relative. During 2012 I spent roughly 2500e on one shot AAA titles. So I'm saving money by playing Wurm. While I appreciate that others are not so fortunate this is my point of view

I spent more buying Lightning Returns alone than wurm cost all year. Heck I spent more on chinese food yesterday than on Wurm for the year.

I always laugh when people list their partner as an expense. Get your stuff together yo, let your partner buy their own crap!

God all people talk about these days is money money money.

Could i have some please?

is the song with ABBA ?

So if I spend more money on Wurm than food and rent, I can live in Code Clubs office is what you are getting at?

In the words of Kabill:

Cash Rules Everything Around Me
C. R. E. A. M Get the money, dollar, dollar bill y'all
Cash Rules Everything Around Me
C. R. E. A. M Get the money, dollar, dollar bill y'all

• Like 1

It cost me 45c a day to play wurm...

Man, you could have fed a starving child... you monster. :P

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

These poor, destitute wurmians. Your donation of only 45c a day can ensure that 5 poor newbies get a casserole and a bed... act now before its too late. :(

Edited by Elen
  • Like 5

wow  its been along time since i did the math. I would pay just over 62$ us for upkeep a month (but my traders cover that)  then add 6 prem characters.  4 i prepay for yr. 2 pay for 2 months at a time.  4x9$ us plus 2x11$ us /month  =58$ us a month for prem time , if i didint have traders =120$ us a month is what i put into this game. plus all the bulk,tools,weapons,armor, and deeds i buy. 

2012 i spent 1k EU on deeding and other things. according to my paypal.  last yr was just over 2k EU. wife arrgo on that one, but hey it was my bonus check.   and so far this yr's plans is about 600us and then add prem for all 6 characters 648$ us. so i guess over a 1k again and this before May prem expiring time.  glad another bonus check coming soon.

i spend this money cus 1. i dont drink,smoke, no drugs. and now this yr. no more fastfood.lost 13lbs already in 1 month. i no longer waste money on other games that i'd buy and only play a week or two. then come back to wurm.

i think  a lot of us rather saveup and spend money on this game (hobby to a lot of us) because we enjoy the time spent here, and the folks we can play with.

on a side note. it's easy to make ingame money too.  but depends on how much time you have to play.  i did some math in dec.  i can put up my 3 priests and 3 mains. on my 2 computers. and put out  1200 bricks per hour. or 1000ish mortar. basicly if a priest can make bulk mats. i can put out 1k of any per hour.  so spending  30hrs a month. or 7.5/wk or 1hrs per day . i could make  60s per month and pay prem ingame for all 6 of my alts.  and i guess do the extra 1hr per day and pay all my upkeeps, if i didnt have traders supporting that.

i also just disbanded a few deeds and downsized a few. to save 25s a month.  i too was over extending.  need to budget. but this game is very manageable if you plan it right.

I still say if you have a cpu, isp and the time to waste playing online games you don't get to cry poverty to me.

• Like 2