Sign in to follow this  
baileytheferret

Prices too high...so long....

So I go to renew my sub. And I see the prices have skyrocketed. I am very sad and discouraged to see this. Not to mention the deal where you get silver and prem is gone. So this means that it is around 40usd to keep up my prem and upkeep. I am sorry to say that it isn't gunna happen. So long wurm and god bless ya all! Was fun while it lasted.

Please stop your bye threads. You make One Every 2 Months or so. Just Quit already.

• Like 3

Bye? Don't see the problem.. There is a way dont have 40 USD for prem en upkeep.

12 months of prem time is 80 Euros, which is approx 108 USD, which is 9 dollars a month

Can i have your stuff? But yeah i agree kinda, ever since the price increase im only buying prem with silver before that i only bought it with RL money 

• Like 1

cya later dont blame ya

Edited by Protunia

Please stop your bye threads. You make One Every 2 Months or so. Just Quit already.

this is the first one in a year and a half. and each and every time i quit..this time its for real. no need to be rude.

Not to mention the deal where you get silver and prem is gone.

The availability of some options is dependent on your current premium time in some circumstances, so those may reappear if you purchase a certain amount of premium.

Just let him Flee.. He will come back anyway. No one can live without wurm..

• Like 4

The availability of some options is dependent on your current premium time in some circumstances, so those may reappear if you purchase a certain amount of premium.

I never really understood why some options are withheld simply due to the calculation of existing premium time.  It almost comes off as a snub to the player - Well! since you waited this long to renew your premium, we are not going to allow you to have these options....   

Seems like it only hurts Code Club to implement this kind of logic.

• Like 7

Huh? The prices went up again? Ah well.

No, he just hasn't premmed since Nov (IIRC?)

this is the first one in a year and a half. and each and every time i quit..this time its for real. no need to be rude.

No need to post, really.

To experience all the game has to offer its more expensive then all subscriptions based MMO's (10 USD to 15 USD). In Wurm your looking at (again experience all the game has to offer) 3 priests, 1 crafter, 1 large deed (5s upkeep, I"m not counting the initial funding cost), a couple silvers to trade ~ 40 € or 54 $ per month. You could plan things out and rotate premium on priests so you only have the crafter and one priest per month. That would bring it down to ~ 23 € or  31$.

In comparison to most True F2P + micro-transaction based MMO's is very cheep when using the, "experience all the game has to offer" ideal. I been playing Pocket Legends on cell lately and I'm amazed at the cost of some things; example, week long double exp elixir for ~ 10$. Gear can be bought for 1-10 $ and keep in mind this is a level grinding game where your gear becomes less (or useless) effective very fast.

I think premiums should include a couple silvers worth of upkeep (buy premium from shop and get upkeep tokens that can only be used to fund upkeep). How many players can a server handle? I believe we have a large unbalance of services available versus capacity serviceable. To put it another way, the server can't handle enough people to utilize all its available land. If I'm right, then a fix which will please the most number of players would be one where we reduce the price of village tiles and put a cap on how much land you can buy.

• Like 1

then a fix which will please the most number of players would be one where we reduce the price of village tiles and put a cap on how much land you can buy.

Socialized Wurm.

:lol:  :lol:

To experience all the game has to offer its more expensive then all subscriptions based MMO's (10 USD to 15 USD). In Wurm your looking at (again experience all the game has to offer) 3 priests, 1 crafter, 1 large deed (5s upkeep, I"m not counting the initial funding cost), a couple silvers to trade ~ 40 € or 54 $ per month. You could plan things out and rotate premium on priests so you only have the crafter and one priest per month. That would bring it down to ~ 23 € or  31$.

What? That is far from necessary, You a) can join a deed, and b ) dont need 4 accounts to "experience all the game has to offer"

Many villages out there are looking for players, not everyone needs to create their own deed in order to play the game. Every day I see people talking about how everyone has their own deed, and lack of large villages in freedom, yet the same people consider having your own deed as part of the way to play this game, its an option, if you choose to spend the silver on it, but it is by far not the only (or arguably) best way.

One account on premium can cover everything, If you'd like to have priests, by all means do so, but please, do not consider that anything near the "requirement" of this game. A subscription for one account is 8 euro per month, you choose the path to go down, and if you dont like that path, choose another, this game by no means requires one person to have four characters.

I think premiums should include a couple silvers worth of upkeep (buy premium from shop and get upkeep tokens that can only be used to fund upkeep). How many players can a server handle? I believe we have a large unbalance of services available versus capacity serviceable. To put it another way, the server can't handle enough people to utilize all its available land. If I'm right, then a fix which will please the most number of players would be one where we reduce the price of village tiles and put a cap on how much land you can buy.

So in other words, have free deeds with every premium purchase essentially, or have large villages with years worth of upkeep?

Edited by Archaed
  • Like 1

I never really understood why some options are withheld simply due to the calculation of existing premium time.  It almost comes off as a snub to the player - Well! since you waited this long to renew your premium, we are not going to allow you to have these options....   

I too find this baffling

• Like 2

Credid card fraud. It's basically: trusted long term players can spend more money at once, because the risk of them being frauds is smaller.

Credid card fraud. It's basically: trusted long term players can spend more money at once, because the risk of them being frauds is smaller.

That would make sense.  However, since Rolf uses PayPal and other middle-man services to manage payments, his actual risk of loss is almost negligible. I think he should reconsider this "feature."

• Like 2

Limited purchasing is a double edged sword but imho may be the best route for several reasons.

International CC fraud is at an all-time high right now with the very recent theft of info on a large scale.

But then it protects new players like me from putting too much in before knowing what we're getting into. The game rules clearly state that refunds are not an option but so many people click the 'I Agree' button without reading anything. I was a bit frustrated when I saw my limited options but meh, it's all good and allows me the flexibility to try this out for a bit without a huge initial outlay of hard cash.

That would make sense.  However, since Rolf uses PayPal and other middle-man services to manage payments, his actual risk of loss is almost negligible. I think he should reconsider this "feature."

Its not, Paypal and "other middle-men" look great to buyers but not for sellers. I work exclusively in e-commerce these days and have experienced first hand back-fraud. This is where people pay for something then try halt the payment. Luckily with POD we can challenge these however with Rofl and Wurm, its digital items with no POD so the charge-backs become almost impossible to challenge. Having less payment options available to players who play less frequently shouldn't be seen as a snub to newer players but more a reward to the long term players.

As for the goodbye thread, its not your first, I doubt its your last, see you in a few months when you've bounced round the current crop of new games and realised Wurm offers everything most gamers want/need (all be it with bugs / server instability) at a price that's is affordable to most with a option of paying through play. You have crafting, PVP, world alteration, alliances, building, commerce, social etc... Yes it isn't polished but with this many features, its going to be hard slog to do that.

• Like 4

Its not, Paypal and "other middle-men" look great to buyers but not for sellers. I work exclusively in e-commerce these days and have experienced first hand back-fraud. This is where people pay for something then try halt the payment. Luckily with POD we can challenge these however with Rofl and Wurm, its digital items with no POD so the charge-backs become almost impossible to challenge. Having less payment options available to players who play less frequently shouldn't be seen as a snub to newer players but more a reward to the long term players.

As for the goodbye thread, its not your first, I doubt its your last, see you in a few months when you've bounced round the current crop of new games and realised Wurm offers everything most gamers want/need (all be it with bugs / server instability) at a price that's is affordable to most with a option of paying through play. You have crafting, PVP, world alteration, alliances, building, commerce, social etc... Yes it isn't polished but with this many features, its going to be hard slog to do that.

Interesting....  The way you have explained it makes sense. Perhaps it is just a matter of perspective - increased options for long term players.  But I also read somewhere (I think) that if a player's bank has a lot of silver in it - the buy options are also limited.  Maybe Rolf just needs to provide a better explanation on the shop page and maybe they would serve as a motivation rather than the impression given currently.

• Like 1