Sign in to follow this  
wolfersmcwolf

Epic PMK and Home Server overhaul

It would be nice if a PMK could enter the home server that its the template of without combat nerf, and conquer towers of that kingdom.  It would bring a good amount of PVP to epic in areas that rarely see fighting, it could also increase the interest people have in epic as a whole knowing that they could see the hardcore pvp side of epic long before they become premium players and travel to elevation.  The Idea is to allow pmks that are on elevation to have use of lands on the home server they emulate off of and have the ability to set up homes on that server.  This idea would also help refine the strength of current PMKs and allow for easy conversion into PMKs, I feel this idea would benefit wurm with more pros than cons, Sure people could see this as a way to run around bashing houses and killing noobs on the home server, but then again they are already able to do that, and as we see with MRH and MRE the home server people generally stay on the home server for the most part, and elevation people generally stay on elevation for the most part (Other then missions)

In short.

The idea is to allow PMKS to claim land on the home servers they are based off of, and to not have CR nerf in their territory on those lands.

Pros: Increased epic interest, More pvp in areas that don't even see foot prints for months on end, use of empty unclaimed land on home servers, Better use of PMKs on epic, (Possibly) Increased trade between kingdoms and PMKs on Epic, Easier PMK integration with new players and converting players, A way for PMKs to grow and gain players who are trying wurm out, but don't wish to pay for premium yet, or play in any of the kingdoms that currently exist, This idea could also bring in a new play style for wurm one where you can be a great warlord conquering villages and territory.

Cons: People will see this as a way to kill people on home servers and raid there stuff (I'm not saying conquering the lands should be easy, I'm saying it should be possible), Spy alts may become a problem for small PMKs but then again they are anyways, The home servers may become a bit more dangerous depending on how big the kingdom gets.

The ablity to conquer the tower could be like, 10 or 20 people who have 25 mind or something can conquer a tower and turn the surrounding area to their territory if there are no villages in that towers lands.

Please if you have any suggestions to add to this, feel free to post them, if you have a con, or pro also post it, or just leave a +1 or -1

• Like 1

Since this is a suggestion forum, and opinions are allowed. -1, this is probably one of the worst ideas i've seen for a overhaul, it's a HOME server for a reason. If you have seen the beginning of Epic, Where the stronger players would come to home servers and slaughter newbies even with the CR nerf. With the current PMK having probably some of the strongest players (Lol.) It would just cause hell for the players that can't compete, especially when they aren't nerfed.

Theres only one PMK on epic currently zwei, its Kingdom of Sol and we don't have the strongest players, We hold our own but we aren't strong enough to go to home servers to kill people.  But I understand your concern, just left some info out.

Epic is a PVP based server cluster anyways, it would increase PVP and is that not a good thing?  Only thing that brings people to fight anymore is the HoTA

Edited by wolfersmcwolf

I meant strongest in a sarcastic manner hense the (Lol).

But even for that, The ability to have control over your own template homeserver seems actually cheat since you're going against who bought you together, if this was ever implemented, it would best be so you can conquer other homeservers, but even in that form, my point still stands that it shouldn't be allowed. Just a opening of other options to the idea.

+1 for ideas to promote pvp. although I don't see this happening, there is a lot of things that could be different with home servers, pmk's, and even elevation.

-1, I don't get it.

Its pretty much "Let pmks get to raid home servers and delete default kingdoms"

KoS trying again in suggestion forum huh?

I dont hate the thought. But the idea isnt a good move for epic. A change needs to happen but i dont believe this is it.

You need an Elevation overhaul......if the PvP is that stagnant that you need to find round about ways to turn the Home Servers into Elevation.

As much as I agree with Protunia, I don't think it's his place to say, considering this isn't a Freedom suggestion.

-1 for this suggestion

+1 for separate Epic suggestion boards

• Like 1

+1 for the idea

and +1 i found is time now that chaos ppl can atatck freedom guys freedom guys speak to many shitr in this forum is time that he see what is pvp

-1, I don't get it.

It is a horrible idea. You can convert towers on Elevation now. So if you want more land. You can take it over on Elevation. That is the main PVP server, and where people want the PVP focus, including Rolf.