Sign in to follow this  
Rolandt

Login server is down, whats new

Why? It's not like time is something you can't afford...

It's not the best idea to keep death waiting....

• Like 1

I just know jecht is cutting all my tree's down and i cant stop him cause i cant get through the magic portal.....

I realized that I hate the fact that I am stupid enough to keep giving Rolf money.

While some will say it is likely a hardware/network error, or the developers of Wurm aren't really responsible, as the issue is likely a network services provider, or some such thing, I believe that any problem is entirely that of the company. This is not the first time, so it needs to be fixed, for good.

If it is a code issue, fix it. I can wait for bridges.

If it an infrastructure issue, get a new provider, hardware, or whatever it takes.

We are too accepting of these failures in providing us access to something we pay for. I know some might say that the company provides no guarantee of service 24/7, or that it compares to other MMORPG's with similar crappy network issues. This does not make these failures acceptable.

We pay to play. I put down my hard earned money to continue subscribing. Getting a little free SP after a screwup isn't good enough. I don't want to be pacified, I want reliability.

Give Me Wurm.

• Like 4

I still wonder... isn't the loginserver automatically restarting itself when it crashes?

[20:46:31] <Jecht> So my boss hasnt been able to login so i been cutting down the entire forest  won't he be so proud

You sir, know your subjects well.....

• Like 2

It doesn't seem to be automatically restarting or it would be up unless the faulty code is keeping it from coming up automatically.

That is beyond awesome.

[20:46:31] <Jecht> So my boss hasnt been able to login so i been cutting down the entire forest  won't he be so proud

You sir, know your subjects well.....

• Like 1

[21:16:42] <Mrfusion> Hey, Jecht, you better not be cutting down Grim's trees.....he's complaining in the forums that he can't stop you or something. haha

[21:17:05] <Jecht> oh lol

[21:17:28] <Jecht> oops

[21:17:38] <Jecht> i better skype him

I am sure everything will be handled by the professional Jecht in knowing what his boss wants.

i will when the the portal opens so i can get through again i let friend play account so we can socialize and boom  portal stops working

better get fo priest to fix it soon

i will when the the portal opens so i can get through again i let friend play account so we can socialize and boom  portal stops working

better get fo priest to fix it soon

Hey wait, if your trapped in this realm with the rest of us, does this mean death will not come for those in the lands of Wurm?  Or will they languish in agony waiting for you to transport their souls to Jakel and Seris?  Or worse, shall they walk land as undead abominations?

Forget your trees, we must get you back to set things right.

:)

zombie apocolypse is coming soon ... oh well vacation time for me maybe ill go visit david hassalhoff

P A T H E T I C ............

ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC!

FIX THIS GAME OR DONT CHARGE PEOPLE....

• Like 2

WTH..........Comon!!!   :angry:

Edited by Protunia

As much as I want to try to stay positive, I find it very difficult to understand that for all the time we cannot access the game, we are loosing out on that time we are paying for, maybe they should consider only burning our game time based on when we are logged in, cause its added up to hours I will never get my money's worth. I like most on here,  had a long day of work and was hoping to relax and settle to my alter reality, but I cant get into wurm. this is depressing.

• Like 4

As much as I want to try to stay positive, I find it very difficult to understand that for all the time we cannot access the game, we are loosing out on that time we are paying for, maybe they should consider only burning our game time based on when we are logged in, cause its added up to hours I will never get my money's worth. I like most on here,  had a long day of work and was hoping to relax and settle to my alter reality, but I cant get into wurm. this is depressing.

exactly.....just get home game is down on the weekend again........... <_<

Edited by Protunia

they charge 60% more now for prem, what percentage of that go's toward making the servers better ? just a curious question is all...

A very small portion to none looks like. Of course, if you count things they are loading the server down with maybe they count that.

Pitiful on a Friday night it's down. Unfortunately I expect a lot worse with the wonderful 1.2 "update". I wish them the best and all of that but come on, let's see some stability. To heck with a bunch of pretty graphics and clutter-just what has that done to help problems like we are seeing right now? NONE

Here is some food for thought-

Delegate a backup for the login server, should it fail the backup senses that and kicks in after the login server is down x amount of time. The backup would not need to be all souped up like the primary login, just "sufficient" to let people log in while the main is down. Make the main smart enough too, that when it comes online again that the secondary server is contacted and issued a "stop til I die again" command. Main picks up the work again and the secondary goes back to inactive and polls to see when it is needed again. You're the coder.. this seems such a simple thing. The hardware you can buy with all the profits you are getting from the massive premium price increase you've accumulated. "but I gotta pay the folks I hired"-- yep, put em to work on the code I mentioned above if you don't wanna mess with it, let em earn their money the hard way instead of sitting around laughing and drawing doodles on paper.

• Like 2

I think all in all they fix it soon, but a second loginserver... which overtakes if the first crashes, would be a great idea.

And maybe an automatical restart script for the case of a crash / hangup.