Sign in to follow this  
Rolandt

Login server is down, whats new

sleep bonus reward for down time is a joke.... they know how long the game server has been down. just credit that much game time to each current premium account.

Also all PVP needs to be made impossible(or all pvp servers forcibly closed) during down time... specially when its the loggin server, as you end up with people all over the place, those that are on can exploit the fact that you cant get on and destroy your stuff, and even though you have fellow players on telling you. there nothing you can do about it.

• Like 3

Is it still down? I get stuck at "Connecting to server..." 

It's really annoying, but atleast my timezone has made me sleep through most of it... 

Hi Everyone

The reason the info page on the front states it is online and such is because the server only reflects the last update. Because it is not getting any new info regarding player counts and such it simply keeps the last known one.

We are trying to get more information to pass onto you all but until we do we know as much as you all do. Please be patient while we work through this.

• Like 1

Done sleeping and shopping, start the login server now  :P 

Hi Everyone

The reason the info page on the front states it is online and such is because the server only reflects the last update. Because it is not getting any new info regarding player counts and such it simply keeps the last known one.

We are trying to get more information to pass onto you all but until we do we know as much as you all do. Please be patient while we work through this.

Thx for the update nice to hear it's wip ;)

We all still await the server down from yesterday:O

wanted to play and still down. hope login server get fixed soon

We want prem time back for the login server that was ofline   losing the prem time and cant play

Edited by deskjet

+1 on allocating premium time instead of SB as that only rewards players who had actually burned through their SB. I had only used an hour of mine and presumably got another 20 minutes or so during the night. Maybe give the SB to non-premium characters.

• Like 1

This is getting ridiculous ... AGAIN.

Please be patient? But I was patient, with the last disconnecting issues every night, with Wurm being down for days, with premium time raised with 60%.

My token isn't patient with my deed's upkeep. Rolf isn't patient with my premium time when it expires.

And if I cannot play in weekends, when I have free time to play, when can I play then?

Don't throw me another 5 hours of sleep bonus, I already got 5 hours of sleep bonus for this week's downtime.

Patience has a limit!! Fix the damn thing already!

• Like 5

On the plus side, all this downtime gives us time to play all the stuff we never get to play because of Wurm! It's like a forced vacation, in a stable and playable place!

[01:18:12] 19 other players are online. You are on Release (131 totally in Wurm).

And 11 of those 19 are at the sermon group I am participating in :lol:

Patience is sitting and waiting ~7hours and not begin flaming ^^

I watch TV-series in between ^^

Hi Everyone

TBH we were patient the first few times. When is action to be taken to improve the stability of the game? I will not be investing any further RL money into this game until the situation improves. It's just not a worthwhile use of money as it is. If too many people start thinking the same way, you'll end up loosing revenue.

• Like 1

Please be patient? 

My token isn't patient with my deed's upkeep. Rolf isn't patient with my premium time when it expires.

Don't throw me another 5 hours of sleep bonus, I already got 5 hours of sleep bonus for this week's downtime.

This. Why are we not credited with premium time, and our deeds upkeep increased, based on time that we could not play?

• Like 2

I never have undestood why it is so terrible hard for CC to post a short message on forum with an estimated down time e.t.c.

There have been several issues over the past few weeks, but aside from that, downtime for any extended period (1-2+) hours is quite rare.

We are working on identifying the causes of these occurrences and eliminating them but situations like this do take time, we ask for your patience while we work on this and resolve the ongoing issues.

• Like 1

It is a bit of a stretch to say that downtimes of more than 1-2 hours are rare. They were, coincidentally, before the price increase, but since May there have been more weekends with downtimes (at least on Deliverance) than there have been weekends without downtime.

Shiny updates won't keep new players for long when they find out that under the surface they are full of cracks.

• Like 8

"There have been several issues over the past few weeks, but aside from that, downtime for any extended period (1-2+) hours is quite rare.

We are working on identifying the causes of these occurrences and eliminating them but situations like this do take time, we ask for your patience while we work on this and resolve the ongoing issues."

http://wurmonline.com/2014/01/05/intermittent-access/

http://wurmonline.com/2013/11/11/servers-still-offline/

http://wurmonline.com/2013/11/09/servers-inaccessible/

http://wurmonline.com/2013/10/26/servers-coming-up-again/

http://wurmonline.com/2013/09/29/systems-fully-functional/

All within 5 months.

Let's be fair, while I understand that problems occur, their hardly RARE... ;)

Edited by FreeTineen
  • Like 6

No problem. Sometimes the fix is not easy.

For Example: The amount of registred Players goes over 32k and a int Variable will not fix this number. The server will crash and will never got up bevore the databse will be fixed and some player removed.

Or the databse got a wrong number in a field.

There are faults, where a simple reboot will not help. Then it can takes days to find the wrong code and a solution.

Lots of loginfos will help (;

Rolf usually goes away at weekends, and I believe is the only one who can sort this despite many new additions to the team over the past months/years?

"There have been several issues over the past few weeks, but aside from that, downtime for any extended period (1-2+) hours is quite rare.

We are working on identifying the causes of these occurrences and eliminating them but situations like this do take time, we ask for your patience while we work on this and resolve the ongoing issues."

http://wurmonline.com/2014/01/05/intermittent-access/

http://wurmonline.com/2013/11/11/servers-still-offline/

http://wurmonline.com/2013/11/09/servers-inaccessible/

http://wurmonline.com/2013/10/26/servers-coming-up-again/

http://wurmonline.com/2013/09/29/systems-fully-functional/

All within 5 months.

Let's be fair, while I understand that problems occur, their hardly RARE... ;)

id have to strongly agree, the downtime for this game is ever more increasing and to be honest it is hard enough to keep people in this style of game, and currently with the way it is running your slowly driving away your current players also..we can name multiple accounts over the last few months that can very well show that the downtime for this game isn't rare if anything it is fairly common, and if the game isn't down there are bug issues, or terrible lag that doesn't let you play, the stability of the game should be a priority over all the new features that you guys keep adding. regardless of how nice they are they won't keep players here.

• Like 4

Is Rolf really that limited when it comes to finding professional and stable hosts for his servers?

Not sure what the offers in his country and in europe are, but the current host doesnt seem to offer much value for the money Rolf is paying them (unless its a very cheap host :P).

Edit: I've seen many hints on the internet that the netherlands have some serious top nothc hosting companies, but probably have a cost thats higher to

Edited by Lycanthropic

Retrograde, thank you for the update on the situation. I am glad to know it is being worked on.

I am a new player that started this week. I can tell you that Wurm Online is exactly what I have been looking for in a game. That being said, if this game was not EXACTLY what I was looking for, I would have quit today and started a different MMO.

Stability is more important than new features. Focus on keeping the players you have now happy, instead of trying to get more new players. I was in class yesterday and people were talking about the MMO's they play. I almost mentioned Wurm Online, but I don't know enough about the game yet to recommend it. I am glad I didn't though, because it has been down all day when they would have been trying it with me.