Sign in to follow this  
Rolandt

Login server is down, whats new

I have been pretty patient with all the latest down times springing up all over the place, I expect it to happen from time to time but now it is just getting stupid. I was experiencing some lag so I logged off (a few hours ago) to restart the client and was unable to log in and continue on the work I had been doing, I can't even muster up the patience to just wait it out this time after paying for a service multiple times that is mediocre at best. What do we get in return for our premium time being wasted away? Sleep bonus, useless sleep bonus and half the time people don't recieve the full amount if any at all, to make a long story short some of the players are getting nothing at all back from these annoying crashes.

• Like 2

the peasants are revolting :ph34r: ....

quick give them cookies 

(sorry bored randomness) 

• Like 3

I understand the anger, i'm tired of those hours-off-events also.

When i remind right, the last event was last week at the same time, a few hours also and started nearly at the same time.

Can it be that its the prime time to have fun for some DDOS-kids ?

I mean see it like this: when you hate a certain online game and you want to make the players really mad and bring them up against the game-makers, when would you start such an attack ?

I would start it at the time people would be REALLY frustrated and annoyed, and this is, when people have the working week finished, have 2 free days infront of them, made full plans what to do in wurm, sitting at their pc and then BANG...don't log out or you are out....

So my guess is:

1. DDOS

2. ex-players that want to do revenge for some reason

3. the starting point of the problem was 6 pm east coast, so this would be the playing-weekend- starting-now-primetime.

just found this while being bored for past few hrs. of no wurming.  http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Downtime_Survival_Guide

lol  i'm going going to head to bed 11pm and get up 3am and hope to play 4-5 hrs before my kids getup. was going to head into test and check out a few things. but it's taking forever to update.

add"

oh and i've been youtubing russian music vids.   i typed up hottest sexiest music videos 2013.  found a nice 200 play list. over 10 were russian. so i thought hey why not see what i can find.  a lot of nice vids.  i have 0 idea what they are saying. but who cares, their cute and have nice voices.  i am part russian. so i do want to learn someday.

Edited by validate

i'm bored and hyper (dangerous combo) but i'm definitely not mad at the game makers.

the data in mmos is constanly changing it only natural that there are bugs.

People shouldn't stress over it, nor should they over stress the dev by flaming.

It doesn't do anyone good to go postal.

So my guess is:

1. DDOS

2. ex-players that want to do revenge for some reason

3. the starting point of the problem was 6 pm east coast, so this would be the playing-weekend- starting-now-primetime.

There is only 1 reason this keeps happening;

1. CodeClub keep using 1 single access point to the entire network of servers and this is a "good idea".

it was offline when ill went to bed, now when ill get up its still offline :(

it was offline when ill went to bed, now when ill get up its still offline :(

welcome to wurm, where if its not up its most likely down, join our camp... and I havn't had a cookie yet

So far...

Welcome to #Wurm | www.wurmonline.com | Login Server has fallen and can't get up. rescue crews on the way ...

Sounds like somebody's working on it ^^

Test server's still up. Mess around on that if you're really in need of a wurm fix/something to do.

yeah.. not doing that again lol.. logged in for a look, got mauled in the head and .. I'll wait thanks  <_<

It doesn't do anyone good to go postal.

In fairness the same could be said for being passive and letting people run over you.  That is why most people in this thread are voicing concerns rationally. Simply voicing a concern is not being "postal" that is just hyperbole. 

For three weeks running, can't log in to play on a Friday evening - it's not unreasonable to expect reliable service !

welcome to wurm, where if its not up its most likely down, join our camp... and I havn't had a cookie yet

well played since 2008 have never been this bad as it is now.

Edited by MrCoolMan

I can keep a minecraft server up 24/7/365 Rolf, why can't you?

Yo can't be serious. There is no comparison.

Yo can't be serious. There is no comparison.

Actually, there is some comparison to be made.  Minecraft's authentication server has a history of failing as well....so unless that guy with the '24/7/365' uptime minecraft server was using 'OFFLINE MODE' (aka 'allow non-paid clients'), there is no way his minecraft servers was 'available' 24x7x365.   Just sayin'

Also a bit mindfood:

Wurm (most of the staff) is in Sweden...

It's 5:23 am there right now... (or UTC+1 / GMT+1)

I DONT GIVE A F RUN UR BUSINESS OR GTFO!

Yeah, this seriously need to be addressed. Rolf really needs to state the problem and what exactly is being done to fix it. I love the game, but dang.

Edited by BrandonSF
  • Like 2

Hmmm...

They calculate deed upkeep down to the level of single minute.

They calculate our prem time same way.

It is high time someone suggested that we have automatic prem time freeze when server we are on crushed or login server is inaccessible.

Believe me - on Deli we did not have enough up-time time to spent all the SB we got lately...

• Like 1

[01:49:00] 13 other players are online. You are on Chaos (206 totally in Wurm).

Raaaaaaiding time.

• Like 2

"you get the message: your 6 hours of venting and patience pays off. you get 4 hours premium time back"....... but then I woke up *joke*   so bored trying to find ways to not go postal like kitty suggests, however I did have a cookie.... it did not help. I want wurm.

• Like 2

7 pages in 5 hours. dayum guys this thread should be moved to the suggestion forums so devs can bring the login servers back up asap "due to strong demands".

• Like 2

Can't sleep, login servers might come up.....

Can't sleep, login servers might come up.....

• Like 1