Sign in to follow this  
Rolandt

Login server is down, whats new

I greatly support the efforts of the CC staff and Rolf is a genius, but can we get a new login server?

Any comment from any staff as if this is a discussed option, or if we will be staying with whatever company it is that is down at least twice a week?

• Like 2

Was about to suggest ;) . The team is doing great but this is... meh.

like 10th time in 3 weeks and every time thus far its been down for more than an hour almost.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 1

I thought it was just me. I wanted to uncheck no-spam, so I logged out. Damn. That will teach me.

This happens far too often. It seems that the devs don't really care as much as some might think.

Horray, another downtime for the login server. Seriously, either figure out where the code is failing or get a new server.

I thought it was just me. I wanted to uncheck no-spam, so I logged out. Damn. That will teach me.

This happens far too often. It seems that the devs don't really care as much as some might think.

im sure they care plenty, its just people would rather not spend money off the bat at the first sign of problems, it is unwise to make a decision like that unless everyone involved is 100% prepared to do so.

• Like 1

One day I get up early and have the whole day to play and it crashes :( Oh well, there is always next week ;)

Hopefully not another DDOS.   That was horrible.  

In my experience, devs and infrastucture folks are rarely one and the same.  Pointing fingers at the devs is useless.  If the infrastructure is outsourced, then ya...  find a different company that may, perhaps, have someone on-site at 2:00am.

This, of course, is me not knowing one iota of how the Wurm environment is hosted and supported.   Where is that info?

• Like 1

I just brought prem+5s, didn't realise the server was down...Now I have the money but no extra premium month :( And no items if we still get those...

Edited by Derp

Help, I'm trapped in a strange world!  The portal that allows me to travel between this realm and the lands of Wurm is not working!    :)

• Like 2

grrr just logged off my priest to get on my main....silly me.

Instability in the game is a major issue and one driving point that pushes people out of the game.   Their record on holding up to promises is batting a thousand.   Not putting any more of my money into a game that's broken far too often to be able to charge like the big boys.  

• Like 6

well this sucks.. everything's waiting on what had to be done 10 minutes ago. Now it'll be days before anything gets done. Wish wurm was more reliable...

they charge 60% more now for prem, what percentage of that go's toward making the servers better ? just a curious question is all...

• Like 4

Wurm Online: The game which schedules its downtime for the weekends.

well at least u guys logged of to change  something i got disconnected and now cannot get back on .... was fighting and doing ###### too...hoping im not dead

I hope they do something for the login servers being down like give sleep time or something.

Dream_Master The reality is that no one needs to go there, Unfortuantley I do nto expect Rolf to be here for 5+ hours

... crys...

• Like 1