Sign in to follow this  
Protunia

Can you remove Gate locks like Boat locks?

Just wondering as I have never tried this, but I can't seem to find a way to remove gate locks from gates that I do not want a lock on anymore.

One of the reasons is I set gates to be open all the time, but stuck mobs and guards are constantly spamming chat and making the gates locked.

This seems to make them never open when I told them to be open all the time.

So can we remove gate locks like boat locks??

Or are they stuck there forever for some reason???

Why can't the gates be open all the time when you set them to be open all the time???

Edited by Protunia

I believe you just need a higher ql lock to swap it out, I haven't tried it myself, so perhaps just have the higher ql lock activated.

once you lock a gate with a lock , you cannot remove it. you can replace it with another lock, but the/a lock will stay. unfortunately it does not work like containers or boats

There was a time where you could get the old lock back if you had the key (one reason I always kept gate keys) in inventory. No idea if this is still the case.

Never knew you could remove the lock on gates with the key. I always thought the key was just for undeeded gates so the one with the key in inventory could pass through, but nobody else. Bit like door locks except no writ, just a key allowing only the one holding it access.

Not so much removing the lock, as you swapped one for the other. Though its been a while and I cannot check atm.

Edited by Klaa

From the deed settings under the guards column there is an option that allows "guards" (Spirit Templars) to lock gates, so if that is unXed would that not prevent them from locking the gates if aggros entered deed tiles?

=Ayes=

From the deed settings under the guards column there is an option that allows "guards" (Spirit Templars) to lock gates, so if that is unXed would that not prevent them from locking the gates if aggros entered deed tiles?

=Ayes=

I'll give that a try.