Sign in to follow this  
Mitzie

Pick up Items

There's alot of settings established for alliances, but there's no way to give them the right to pick up items on your deed.  Its either give EVERYONE the right to pick up stuff or villagers only.  Would be nice to see 'Pick up Items' added to the list in roles that you can grant to others either individually by deed, or by alliance. 

thanks

There's lots of issues with deed roles and settings that is just one.

List (out of the top of my head, i'm sure there's more):

Taming and picking up items are in the same option

Taming and picking up can't be attributed to a role, so if you want a ally or even the mayor of a secondary deed you own, to do one of those things you need to allow both for EVERYONE.

Changing the settings on a locked fence through gate management effectively unlocks the fence (thus allowing trolls, goblins and other critters access).

Gate management needs a "by role" setting (ie allowing only certain villages or citizen roles access to certain gates).

Giving a village permissions through roles gives all villagers those permissions even if they don't have them in your own deed (as far as i can tell at least).

There's a disparity in spell craft between allies (ie Magranon priests can cast strongwall in other villages, but Fo can't cast wild growth).

There is a way, actually. It is a workaround, but doable.

Wall in an area on your deed, gated by a 1x1 house with double doors. The only people that are allowed to pick up from that area are the ones you allow into that house.

There is a workaround but really this is a core feature for paying players that needs to be fixed.

Deed permissions really need an overhaul so that inviting new members to an alliance is not a game of Russian Roulette on freedom (theft cases there are often blamed on trusting alliance members who leave items on their deed rather than resolved).

However stopping at the pick up option is not really enough. More specific permissions are needed for other choices too (flower picking, specific tree type cutting, specific harvests, specific animal hunting (and looting) to name a few).

/signed

Not all deeds are meant to be walled in.. would totally kill the feel of mine... 

So for now seems like the option is "send all new players along on their way" which well... isn't really the idea now is it?